What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question to Insiders

2stoned

Hi to all japanese growers!

Just a short question: is it legal to own cannabis seeds in Japan?
I know it's illegal to grow weed in your country, but what says your law about
the possession of cannabis seeds?

Thanks in advance,

2stoned

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Technically legal to possess seeds, you can find them as an ingredient in some spice mixes.
52d4416205.jpg

(Stems are also OK).

Having said that, however, if the police know that you have seeds, they will be very interested in what you intend to do with them, as germinating them is against the law. Possessing seeds is enough to get you a drug test, a house and car search and lots of lovely talkie-talkies with the detectives/officers.

You can buy seeds domestically online, or order them in from overseas. I recommend buying from overseas for a few reasons:

1. So much cheaper, the prices are ridiculous.

2. Customs in Japan don't check for seeds/organic material from other countries as much as some places do. Seeds are very easy to get through.

3. The Japanese police have no jurisdiction for websites operated out of Japan, meaning that they can't demand customer records/information like they can after busting Japanese head shops selling seeds domestically. Not all websites destroy records like they should/say they do and they'll sell you out to try and save their asses after being busted for possession of drugs etc.

4. You'll get fresher stock from an overseas seedbank with more stock turnover, too.

*Whew!*...anyway....
The best way to get seeds into the country would be to send them to yourself or get a friend to send some. Or take them in your luggage.

PS. It's not my country, I was just borrowing it. :)

insanecutback

Could anyone share a source of seed for inside of Japan? I have some bag seed that I might try but I'd love some feminized fast flowering indica and am paranoid about dealing with the postal system.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i might be donating some seeds to some homies in tokyo, if its legal to sell seeds they are interesting in doing it out of their gift shop.

7years

Don't buy seeds in Japan. See Post #2 by Saibai.

Not only is it more expensive, but when these places get shut down, as happens periodically, everyone who has ever touched these establishments gets fucked.

Perhaps I over-state it a little. However incompetent as they are portrayed to be by stupid, ignorant gaijin on the internet, you can bet your ass that the police will follow any paperwork to where it goes. Shop owners more than likely will flip or else be forced through warrants to provide this information.

Believe it or not, customs in Japan are pretty lax. Unless you're retarded enough to import actual herb/concentrates/hash or otherwise large quantities of seeds, you can pretty much fly under the radar. Or so I've been told by friends.

The key is not to get greedy and follow the golden rules:
1. Don't ask.
2. Don't tell.
3. Don't buy.
4. Don't sell.
5. Don't carry.
6. Don't smell.

Keep it private, keep it discrete, keep it clean.

After all a single femmed non-auto is all you need to get started, just clone away.

If you're really paranoid/careful - just use your bag seed and grow out a bunch for a seed crop and take it from there. Just be careful how/where you grow and who knows.