What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

favorite japanese food

tuco

Obviously it's a loophole that they are using. As far as fucking up their part of the world as I said before, it's the west that has hunted the whales to the brink of extinction, not the Japanese and then they have the balls to say countries with those tradition can't hunt. I don't think anybody wants any animal hunted to extinction but the west fudges the numbers and Japan fudges the laws. Honestly I don't think any whales are threatened to be erased from the planet by their "research" (soy sauce or ketchup). I also don't think that's the main reason westerners are against it, I think it's a tourist thing and a feel good 'free willy' thing. People who want to oppose their values on the rest of the world should feel happy that whale consumption is down in Japan and it has fallen out of taste. The market place just doesn't need that much.

I would love to see a bunch of Hindus attack Australian ranchers to protect the cows. I don't eat whale because like you people, I think it's a crime to destroy such beautiful animals for meat nobody seems to want to eat, but who the hell are we to tell people what to do or eat? Prohibition sucks in all forms.

I see what you are saying...some fundamental differences in opinions that will probably never change. Hypocrite's on both sides.

I fucking hate that American asshole that captain's the Sea Shepherd...most Australian people do.

Take it easy. :rasta:

ninjashoes

I like the plain sushi, where its just rice wrapped up sometimes with mushrooms and small carrots. I think its called nadazushi or something like that sorry I cant spell it. I also like chicken katsu, chicken terriyaki and of course miso soup with tofu!

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Gotta to love the Miso. Here we have it almost everyday. One way I love to eat Miso is with vegetable sticks. Just buy the miso they sell to make the soup and dip some vegi sticks in it like you would celery into peanut butter. Yummy as all hell. Cucumber and miso can't go wrong.

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
mmm...the miso and cabbage they give you at yakitori joints is great, too.
As for me, I could eat sashimi and tofu everyday and never get sick of them.
Horse is delicious too, but I don`t eat it very often.

I`m not real keen on whale, but if it was tastier I`d have no problems eating it.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I've had horse sashimi once. It was much better than I thought it would be, but my family owns horses back in the states so I'm not going back. 仕事の付き合いだった。

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Speaking of which, got a new job, with a little extra income on the side too. When it rains it pours, I guess.
Wish my first batch of sprouts would hurry up and show sex so I can get them in the ground.

K

KnightShield

cool thread! mine is skiyaki think i spelled it right but man its soo good! beef, noodles, chives, tofu, mmmmm! gimme a sapporo and im in heaven. :joint:

Jerry Maine

松阪牛, the best beef in Japan, oh yeah, especially when I'm not paying for it, or the accompanying drinks. Just wish I could eat it more often.

Jerry

G

I ate whale once, bloody delicious, like good steak smelt of smoked shrimp, I would never ever eat again, had the weirdest dreams I ever had, it was a kind of spiritual experience, bit like acid but much friendlier. I hear they got temple dedicated to the whale in japan. I tell you those leviathons arent from this planet, but they are friendly, & they can communicate with us, theyre just a bit misplaced........weird. They also smile alot.
Also Gunkan & suzuki goes down a treat with a cup of sake.

Last edited:

lugano86

do you eat cats and dogs?? i hate people that do it. HATE!!

THE NATURE IS INCAZZATA COME UNA BESTIA!!! ECCO XKè CI STANNO I TERREMOTI auhauahuha

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Lugano: Sorry we don't speak muppet around here...come back when you have something constructive to add. And no, nobody eats cat and dog in Japan.

SatoriSOG

I like actual japanese sushi hand rolls the ones that look like cones.

On my way back to hong kong i stopped in japan, best sushi I've ever eaten

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Sushi, Sashimi, and various rolls.
Dry, cold saki.
Throw in some vegetable tempura and you have yourself a full meal. So many great Japanese restuarants to eat in NYC!

K

KUSHYUNIT

mine is a Tonkatsu and some Sushi with a cold beer .

Last edited: