What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dignity

S

scoobie

I for one am deeply humbled by the courage, dignity, and respect being shown by the Japanese people trying to get to grips with this disaster. The West can learn a lot from these amazing peoples.
Imagine the Panic and Greed that the same situation would spark in many of the western countries .
Respect and Prayers.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
it would be severe and utter chaos if that happend here in the US....there would be armed gangs of rioters looting for sure....

im always amazed by the japanese selflessness...one time in tokyo i left my wallet with 300 bucks on a bus, i went back to the bus station later in the day and a passenger gave it to the bus driver, who returned it with every coin back to the bus station.....crazy. in america that wallet would have been gone...

TsunamiSurfer

I don't buy that at all, If the same thing happened in most places in America I'm pretty sure the reaction would be the same, unless of course it happened in a poor area like New Orleans but America treat's it's poor like animals so it's pretty understandable.

i've had wallets and phones returned to me in Japan as well, I've also had them stolen seconds after going back to check.

fuzzymuffin

Selfish, greedy and opportunistic people willing to prey on their fellow man exist all over the world. Japan is no different.

TsunamiSurfer

Right after the tsunami there was an increase in scams from the Yakuza posing as dead relatives trying to get old people to wire money to them. After the Kobe earthquake they made a mad dash to loot the banks and stores (sharp increase in Millionaires after that quake), the difference is that the media here doesn't think that it makes as good news as media in the States so they don't lead with those stories.

The west has a preconceived image of Japan and they see what they want to see. I'm from the eastern seaboard in America and we don't have too many quakes but we do have hurricans and whenever they hit all the neighbors help each other out and show the same kind of community strength that we see here. Humans are humans.

CannabisFox

im always amazed by the japanese selflessness...

You remember those old films?
The life from our ancestors was hard but in japan it wasnt even questioned if it could not be hard.

In my opinion those asians just know how to keep the regular folks on their knees.

Sure those people sacrificed their lifes to get the contamination under control. But be sure that none of them was rich or powerfull in any way.
Best of all is that the news about that disaster "beyond all expacations" where much more informative in our countrys then in japan.

Edit: And was the thread starter is telling bout dignitiy is therefore IMO just glorified romantic sarcasm

TsunamiSurfer

Maybe if you lived in Japan and saw what was going on you would have a different opinion, but it's hard to have an informed opinion from the other side of the world.

There was actually a group of elderly professional Japanese men who had worked in the nuclear field and volunteered to clean up with the understanding that they could die but their reasoning was they were old anyway. They don't fit into your assumption though.

_Ina_

Veteran
hey,guys,i dont know what is the truth but in Bulgaria we think u are great and always taking u for example for people,who works hard and off course everything new in the technics coming from your country. i always prefer to read on my photo"made in Japan" than 'made in China":). I'm sorry,i like Chinese to:) Hey,by the way we have one Bulgarian sumo fighter there:)

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Hi Ina, yes I remember the sumo wrestler, (didn't follow sumo but I think his name was Kotooshu) he was very popular in Japan.

_Ina_

Veteran
hi,Saibai! yes his name was Kotooshu . do u know what? when u were in this great disaster many people here wanted to invite some Japanese people here in BG. they hope may be u gonna make our poor country better place:) offcourse it is stupid idea(we must do it by are selves) but u can come whenever u want and live here,the only problem is that our landraces have no thc in them:);) But seriously, i hope everything will be fine in Japan from now on!!!!!! I'm sorry for that english!:)

_Ina_

Veteran
By the way may be soon your country will be the best place to live:( do u know something about shale gas or fracking there in Japan? this is the biggest ecological disaster as i can see and the American companies trying to start this in my own country and all over Europe. I suppose they dont try this there because of the earthquakes?! may be this will save u...:(i hope everyone will inform fast and go out to protest if it is needed! And it is! U gotta see "Gasland" to understand what they really doing!

Latest posts

Latest posts