What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana Northern Lights

All 4 Outdoor

Everyone should grow NL and Skunk No1 cos they are about the best there is. When I was growing ( retired 2 years ago ) and, I've grown many strains, these 2 were the best easily I've grown. Yes, you can get caught up in the crazy 20 + thc strains and you may well find a keeper but, believe me, if you try the nl from nirvana and a good skunk you'll wonder why on earth you tried growing anything else. Having said that you wanna try Sadhu from Mandala cos it's great, but cannot compete with the potency of nl or sk1...

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, I will be ordering Nirvana's NL here soon for fun. Good incite from everyone thank you to all contributors.

Siomha

i will start my grow in about 1-2 month till i get everything ready.
NL will be the one iam going to start with
after reading your guys post iam sure i made a good choise
peace

L

longearedfriend

Nirvana, everything was cool... seen really nice stuff happen
a lot of variety for good money
i'm happy they exist

One thing though
I ordered some master kush from nirvana (seedbtique) for someone a year or two ago
only 1 sprouted

I don't remember if I got an answer from gypsy and the gang
if I did or I read this on their site, that they only offer refunds/2nd sets if it is a BIG problem, a lot of complaints

I felt terrible

especially since it was someone with MS

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Everyone should grow NL and Skunk No1 cos they are about the best there is. When I was growing ( retired 2 years ago ) and, I've grown many strains, these 2 were the best easily I've grown. Yes, you can get caught up in the crazy 20 + thc strains and you may well find a keeper but, believe me, if you try the nl from nirvana and a good skunk you'll wonder why on earth you tried growing anything else. Having said that you wanna try Sadhu from Mandala cos it's great, but cannot compete with the potency of nl or sk1...

So you're speaking of Nirvana's NL and whose skunk?

I've grown Dutch Passion's feminized Skunk #1 outdoors and was very happy with it. The buzz was perfect motivating sativa that in a couple hours mellows out to a content mental clarity(thoughtless) with a body buzz I could feel in my arms, even to my fingertips. Really good.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
This is a GREAT thread guys. I'm placing a order ASAP. I'm debating SOOO many strains though...

Northern Lights (for my sog, and indica needs)
White Widow (for my sog, and potent sativa needs)
Jock Horror
PPP

I'm not sure what I want lol... I want a trippy, cerebral, giddy, visual/auditory enhancing Sativa that just blows your mind. Something you can smoke outside at night on a summer day, and trip hard just to the sound of crickets.

As far as Indica, I want that floating on a cloud, euphoric, comfortably numb feeling. You have a very cushioned pillow feel to your body like a gentle breeze is flowing through you.

I think the key is potency though. I wanna be able to take 1 or 2 bong hits, and forget to smoke any more.. Or put a blunt out before I can even finish it. I don't want something I can smoke a endless amount of, or something that requires alot to be smoked just to get where I wanna go.

Feel free to PM me recommendations or whatever it takes!!!

TheNewGuy

This is a GREAT thread guys. I'm placing a order next week. I'm debating SOOO many strains though...

Northern Lights (for my sog, and indica needs)
White Widow (for my sog, and potent sativa needs)
Jock Horror
PPP

I'm not sure what I want lol... I want a trippy, cerebral, giddy, visual/auditory enhancing Sativa that just blows your mind. Something you can smoke outside at night on a summer day, and trip hard just to the sound of crickets.

As far as Indica, I want that floating on a cloud, euphoric, comfortably numb feeling. You have a very cushioned pillow feel to your body like a gentle breeze is flowing through you.

I think the key is potency though. I wanna be able to take 1 or 2 bong hits, and forget to smoke any more.. Or put a blunt out before I can even finish it. I don't want something I can smoke a endless amount of, or something that requires alot to be smoked just to get where I wanna go.

Feel free to PM me recommendations or whatever it takes!!!

Snow white was a great selection imo, I got a large yielder from it, with a very nice high. I also found a very skunky pheno in the blue mystic line, lost it though, was one of my favorites to this day still. smelled like skunky berries.

Edit: The snow white I had was more of a Sativa pheno, 3x stretch. It did however make nice large buds with a very nice sativa head high, although not trippy and paranoid like you hear about some of the haze strains.

Dr Young.. Give their White Rhino a try, too strong for me but the other half loves it, she's a seasoned smoker and it definately does the job, NL is another keeper of ours it does it for both of us in different doses but it is a very balanced nice stone no exagerations in anyway with the stone.. just a very nice ride that hangs on for awhile, would be good if we could put some aside for a proper cure but so far we have'nt been able to leave it alone for that long.. guess we'll just have to grow more lol

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Nirvana is great, best high was probably Snow White and best to grow Top44.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My friends and I used to call the old school NL, space weed, because it made me feel weightless when I had low tolerance.

FIREGOD

Funny that this thread is still goin as i just chimed in on a few newer threads. I am doing NL again after i made seeds from that last grow. Nirvana seeds were greenish pale looking but my homemade ones are beautiful with stripes galore. I havnt seen seeds this pretty since olskool greenhouse ww beans back when. They look like tiger striped snakeskinn

I must say that i experienced these alot and actually so impressed i timed my buzz one day to an astonishing 6hrs long.

I was so blazed goin to work one day i actually had to hide fron clients one time to calm down lol. Had to talk myself down haha. I smoked it next to chemdog and romulan and it outblazed both.
Kicked ass over sour d too. Ime.

FIREGOD

I must add that i have had much more tasty bud and some more potent. So.potent i had trouble walking str8. The thing is, the NL lasts n lasts with great pain relief as well as staying pretty strong the entire duration. The more extremely potent genetics i have tried tapered off rather quickly and didnt last.

Nl just thumps you n keeps delivering. I smoked myself into a babling idiot several times on this and nomatter what new strain comes along i will keep this goin to.infinity.

Some talk shit about Mau but this NL came from the old positronics and it is STILL a WINNER! ITS A CLASSIC FOR A REASON. :D

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew out a Nirvana NL and a friend smoked it and remarked how potent it was. He has had plenty of dispensary elites here in California. It ranked somewhere in that higher level of power for him.