What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

allmanjoy

It works Vap remains in cookies

It works Vap remains in cookies

Well did my first cannabutter and from left over vap. not quite 1/2 oz with 1 stick of butter in the boiled water then simmer 3 hours. Strained it and put it in frig for hour then into freezer for 30 minutes. Drained water and made 1/2 hershey cookie recipe. Yeild 20 cookies. 3 is good and something tells me 4 would be awesome. It is incredible you can vape and then cook. The boil water butter and simmer takes most of taste out as my cookies were hard to detect. Will try 4 this weekend and see what is made of. I might cook it longer next time after reading more posts. do you feel it increases it that much for each hour you go. Meaning if you did 3 4 cookies from a 3 hour cook would it make it 1-2 cookies for a 6 hour cook and 1 cookie for 12 hours.
I got to save money some how....
Thanks for all the tips etc.

allmanjoy

well I made a 2 stick batch out of 1/2 0z reg bud. did the boil method and let it simmer for 4 hours and cool overnight. I made a 1/2 batch hershey choc chip cookies using 1/2 the cannabutter. 2 cookies were nice. So with same amount of vape it took 4 cookies. So I will use vap for now on as I dont mind it 2 extra cookies when it is not costing anymore.

I got an aromed and wonder if its vape is any more used up since it talks about 90% efficency. I figure that has more to do with now waste in bag etc.

tweaked

this is a really spectacular idea!

i am going to use this method for my vape trash --- i use a Vriptech, and i know from experience that if you use enough of the leftovers you can definitely get a good batch of cookies.

last time around i used 2 ounces and made about 2 dozen cookies, 2 of which were more than enough to get a nice lil buzz.

this method though would be ideal for vape trash, because the main problem was how the hell you soak 2 ounces of ground up weed in butter! the solution gets supersaturated and you end up having to use practically a pound of butter... by using the water method i'll be able to extract the optimal amount of thc without having to use more butter than my recipes need!

thanks!

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
just makin a batch right now myself... crushed up over 2 oz of straight nugs that i was too lazy to trim up and added about 1 1/2 lb of butter to the mix. have it simmering right now. seeing i used so much at one time i had to put quite a bit of water in the pan to keep the product off the bottom of the pan... what should i do since there are over 3 or 4 cups of water in the mix?

just add it all in 1 big container and leave as usual?
any imput would be awsome, thanks Dime

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
yeah cook it untill it cooks down. Your just trying to cook out the water then chill the mix. The left over water stays below and the fat raises to the top. Making a fatty film. You dont wanna cook down/condense the butter mearly simmer it untill most of the water is gone. Hope that answers it!

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
thanks gpb, i let it cook down for probly 3 or 4 hours on lowest heat and have it cooling in a big container, hope for some knockout butter seeing the product i used was unmollested and all the trichomes didnt rub off before i got em in. Dime

rusto

Beast
i can't wait to make some butter

i got 6 grams of stems so far, more to come along with some plant material :)

allmanjoy

warning on too much water

warning on too much water

I made my 3rd batch of cannabutter and made a stupid mistake. I used a bigger pot then last time and put toooo much water in it so when I was pouring it out to strain etc I didnt have enough containers etc so I made a freaking mess and probably lost about a 1/3 of my butter.
AHHHHHH
well at least it was vap remains so I aint crying the blues too bad.
But be careful you dont need alot of water.

:badday:

allmanjoy

bannana bread from Vap remains

bannana bread from Vap remains

This bread is so damn good. Cannabutter rules. I got to freeze the loaf before I eat it all. Got a great recipe from Pearl Jam fan club and it is killer.
So I bought an aromed about a month ago, in that time I found out i can vap my med twice and then make cannabutter from that. So now my meds are lasting so much longer and I have diversity in what I take.
This is too damn good.
:woohoo: :moon:

I ate 3 slices of that damn bread so bear with me please....
:kos:

G

can u freeze cookies and still have them be potent? i got a bag of cookie mix but it makes 3 dozen lol

G

so i checked it htis morning...wasnt as dark looking as the guides pics..looks more greenish like glasspackedbowl's made with 2 male plants....my plants were 2 weeks into flower....just showed sex and i chopped them ..only leaf material and a few bud stems in the mix...made 12 big cookies with it....hopefully it comes out good.

it still has that ditsinct pot smell to it tho lol...and next time ill either use morebutter and pot or a smaller mouthed tupperware tub...my butter was like 8x8 and only a 1/4 thick lol.

will update later will a report on how they came out....

this is the plants used both about 11/2 ft high to 2 feet

G

ok so i ate 2 cookies and my friend ate 1..botrh got a very new high going on...def. much better to eat it :)

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
glad to hear you liked it. When I first tryed mine I had been a long time smoker and hadnt had more then a 3 day break with out a smoke. So I didnt like it as much as it could have been. I cant wait to make a batch I got 3oz of out door cali bud shake. Killer stuff for being shake from bottom of plant. I will make a nice batch. Yeah buddy!

G

i got my wife a slow cooker for xmas so that will be good to use next time....plus ill dry it out and crumble it more.. mine looked more like spinach in the water than anything else....maybe add some fem plant matter too...these males had no trichs or nothing...it does creep tho....we smoked a joint as i thought it wasnt working....well after we smoked i got hungry and ate 2 more cookies and my high lasted till i went to bed. alot learned form this runthru...but good non the less :) much better than just chuckin the males :joint: