What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Earthboxes, and Earthbox clones, the answer for growing in droughts?

Art_of_Soil

Hey @Humphrey Bogart looks like you had some good times with those boxes ... if you don't mind could you share you veg times.. what your yield was like per box please...

oh and did you run them outside the whole time?

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Hey @Humphrey Bogart looks like you had some good times with those boxes ... if you don't mind could you share you veg times.. what your yield was like per box please...

oh and did you run them outside the whole time?

I ran them outside, full season. I can't remember exactly what I did, but I probably sexed them in smaller pots first, then put them in the earthboxes.

HB.

Art-of-Soil Its been some time since i logged in on here. But they worked very well! The giant ones we made killed it as planned. With late plantings 2 years in a row almost all plants were around 2 lbs. Next year confident for 5 plus considering we didn't plant in them until june last season, and july this season!. I plan to plant some nice teen seedlings and clones in their SIP boxes and in the ground in April. Ill find some awesome pics of the Sub irrigated planters at work and post them here shortly.

also we planted the cannabis in 2x6 sips 12" deep last season and pulled at least 3 lbs. and this last season we did 4x4 sips. Varying between just under half a yard and just around a yard of soil for the 4x4s. There were definitely some 2-3 lb plants planted in July im pretty certain it was. They beat the yield on most of the clones and seeds we planted in the ground months earlier.

Last edited: