What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco SIP outdoors

Growintreez

I’m growing in coco outdoors with sub irrigate planters consisting of tubs of perlite and smart pots (I got the idea from a guy named noobwannab on another forum). The perlite tub is filled with water, but not so much that standing water touches the smart pot, and the smart pot wicks the water up from the bottom.

Noobwannab did this with living soil, but I’m doing it with coco and hydro nutes. Do you think I’ll have any problems with this? It seems similar enough to a coco hempy to work well.

I’m doing another perlite tub with plain water and coco with organic dr earth dry nutrients mixed in, similar to you tuber mr canuck’s method. Do you think that will work well on the SIP too?

Everything is looking great so far an pointing straight up!

theJointedOne

Veteran
Awesome. Ive got a lot of coco outside in full sun at my job, It pretty amazing if you can keep it happy.

I think your idea will work well. Let us know how it goes!