You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedsman > Original Skunk #1 FEM Seedsman

Thread Title Search
Original Skunk #1 FEM Seedsman Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2016, 05:02 AM #1
J TricH
Vendor

J TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to behold
J TricH has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Original Skunk #1 FEM Seedsman

ORIGINAL SKUNK #1 FEMINISED

Skunk #1 was the first true stabilized hybrid to enter the Dutch Cannabis greenhouses. Sacred Seeds created it in the late 1970s from Afghani Indica, "Acapulco Gold" Mexican Sativa and Columbian Gold Sativa. For the first time this strain provided growers with the good taste and high of a sativa coupled with the quick heavy flowering of an indica. Having been successfully stabilized, Skunk No. 1 has been widely used as a breeding parent for most of today’s leading "skunk" and many other strains. It is very easy to grow and has always been seen as a standard against which others can be measured. It produces dense buds varying in colour from light green to golden with a very high yield. It is easy to manicure due to its high bud-to-leaf ratio. It has a sweet smell and taste with a cerebral high.

GENETICS: Acapulco Gold/Mexican Sativa/ Columbian Gold Sativa
VARIETY: Mostly Sativa
FLOWERING TYPE: Photoperiod
SEX: Feminised
THC CONTENT: High
GROWS: Greenhouse, Indoors
FLOWERING TIME: 9 Weeks
HARVEST MONTH: Late October

Feel free to share your photos of this strain in this same thread.

https://www.seedsman.com/en/original-skunk-1-seeds
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aOrig Skunk 1 01.JPG
Views:	1609
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	358754 Click image for larger version

Name:	aOrig Skunk 1 04.JPG
Views:	1587
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	358755 Click image for larger version

Name:	aOrig Skunk 1 02.JPG
Views:	1538
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	358756 Click image for larger version

Name:	aOrig Skunk 1 06.JPG
Views:	1653
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	358757 Click image for larger version

Name:	aOrig Skunk 10.JPG
Views:	1632
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	358758

J TricH is offline Quote

Old 02-21-2017, 05:22 AM #2
hoopla

hoopla is on a distinguished road
I've got some of this sprouted now...excited to see how it works for my breeding project.
hoopla is offline Quote

Old 02-21-2017, 06:26 AM #3
J TricH
Vendor

J TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to beholdJ TricH is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopla View Post
I've got some of this sprouted now...excited to see how it works for my breeding project.
Happy hunting!! wishing to see pics!!
J TricH is offline Quote

Old 02-21-2017, 08:01 AM #4
Dakine

Location: Some where out there...in the middle of no where...
Dakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to allDakine is a name known to all
How are the dried nugs? Are they dense and sticky? Or more on the airy and drier side? The Skunk#1 I grew from Sam about 8 years ago had the tightest internode spacing, A shitload of fan leafs, and the dried small colas where airy but still sticky.. They where grown outside.

Yours look completely different, but maybe thats because they are S1s? So A bunch of different traits/genes came out?

TnT Labs Semi Auto Strain Test Grow-On Going

TnT Lab Genetics Grow Diary Test Grow-On Going

Afgooey

SuperSilverHaze

Ssh x TrainWreck
Dakine is offline Quote

Old 02-21-2017, 07:53 PM #5
J TricH
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakine View Post
How are the dried nugs? Are they dense and sticky? Or more on the airy and drier side? The Skunk#1 I grew from Sam about 8 years ago had the tightest internode spacing, A shitload of fan leafs, and the dried small colas where airy but still sticky.. They where grown outside.

Yours look completely different, but maybe thats because they are S1s? So A bunch of different traits/genes came out?

These are the two phenotypes that I got (2L & 6L pots comparative), very similar although the purple had mold problems in the last days. Dense buds as seen..

J TricH is offline Quote

Old 03-25-2017, 05:31 PM #6
ULMW

ULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant future
Just popped one on March 8th (International Ladies Day) and am super delighted with the results so far.
I popped her and a NL auto bean same days and although the auto pushed up a day before, it is the Original Skunk#1 Fem that I put in that is now jumping ahead in leaps and bounds. Both are in root riots in a pure coco medium of 20litres for the Auto and 25L pot for the Sk#1.
They both are under a 250W Philips MH.
Feeding from germination was Bio Bizz root juice for 1 week and then onto AN Coco Grow 2ml per litre solution gradually build up watering to a 1/4 litre per plant each feed til end of week2. Now at end of week 3 the feed is upto 1/2 litre per feed.
Waiting for the next set of leaves and then a topping is planed folled by some LST during the end of week 4 veg. Am thinking she can have 8 weeks veg as I wish to top her twice. Will post some pictures once I get onro the computer. Thanks Seedsman. Already great feeling towards this grow a trip down memory lane growing this strain I last had properly 20 years. Am very excited to be able to revisit it this time and learn along the way from the community here.
ULMW is offline Quote

Old 03-26-2017, 05:34 PM #7
J TricH
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULMW View Post
Just popped one on March 8th (International Ladies Day) and am super delighted with the results so far.
I popped her and a NL auto bean same days and although the auto pushed up a day before, it is the Original Skunk#1 Fem that I put in that is now jumping ahead in leaps and bounds. Both are in root riots in a pure coco medium of 20litres for the Auto and 25L pot for the Sk#1.
They both are under a 250W Philips MH.
Feeding from germination was Bio Bizz root juice for 1 week and then onto AN Coco Grow 2ml per litre solution gradually build up watering to a 1/4 litre per plant each feed til end of week2. Now at end of week 3 the feed is upto 1/2 litre per feed.
Waiting for the next set of leaves and then a topping is planed folled by some LST during the end of week 4 veg. Am thinking she can have 8 weeks veg as I wish to top her twice. Will post some pictures once I get onro the computer. Thanks Seedsman. Already great feeling towards this grow a trip down memory lane growing this strain I last had properly 20 years. Am very excited to be able to revisit it this time and learn along the way from the community here.
Welcome ULMW.. good to hear you XPs.. hoping see pics & wishing a big flo!!
J TricH is offline Quote

Old 03-26-2017, 09:54 PM #8
ULMW

ULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant futureULMW has a brilliant future
J TricH ,
Many thanks! Will post asap.
ULMW is offline Quote

Old 03-27-2017, 01:10 AM #9
gizmo666

gizmo666 has much to be proud ofgizmo666 has much to be proud ofgizmo666 has much to be proud ofgizmo666 has much to be proud ofgizmo666 has much to be proud ofgizmo666 has much to be proud ofgizmo666 has much to be proud ofgizmo666 has much to be proud ofgizmo666 has much to be proud ofgizmo666 has much to be proud ofgizmo666 has much to be proud of
thinking this could be in my next grow
gizmo666 is offline Quote

Old 03-27-2017, 10:39 AM #10
ULMW

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=72428

Little update , awaiting the next set of leaves to push up and then will top.
ULMW is offline Quote