What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Termites

buzzmobile

Veteran
Anyway, there have been a lot of studies regarding the benefits of electrical currents passed through soil on plant growth and a mate's mate collects worms, for fishing, with a battery and two probes, i.e. They come to the surface����
If your friend's batteries ever go dead show him this. Worm gruntin' in the Deep South.
Worm Gruntin'

flamstaa

i had to deal with termites in the past...neem meal/cake in the soil fixed that and neem oil drenches help get rid of them as well...

good luck...
I'm jealous of your results with Neem meal and oil drench Oz!! I've tried both and neither worked for me.

Termites were my number one nemesis bush growing and I lost well over 50% to them every season. It's the water that attracts them but summers are dry where I am so no choice there.

I'm gonna have another crack at the bush next season and looking at Termite Mansion stations. I' tried some other (much cheaper) brands but they were useless, not a single termite to be seen.

I managed to save some termite affected plants from complete death by digging up around the roots like this. When the termites eat up inside the main stem the plants can still live (albeit not greatly) but what kills them is the termites ringbark the plants just beneath the soil surface

Attachments

• post-55268-0-07809000-1488461787.jpg
    post-55268-0-07809000-1488461787.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 28