What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mycotek Testers Group. Bring the Fire!!

B

bigganjabud

Ewe can't sex seeds by sight.

Dude gavee what get said was a female (actually gave me two) both turned out female and stinky as a sewage farm

It was called "ki-ki" (pronounced Key-key!)

This guy lived and still does live in orange Hill, Jamaica

We don't talk as often as we should but the mutual raspect is still there

@blj
I tend to think not but I've read literature that claims it to be true. I personally am not able to tell until they pre sex.

MAN I must have read the same things brother

@myco
This is also my train of thought on the subject
12-02-2017 01:18 AM

Ok you must have grown out literally A LOT MORE BEANS THAN ME

So based on my previous statement would the group say they had males with the volcano dip or
More females by using this as a rough guide?

Allready soaking 6 of each so will deffo keep the family informed but due to the fact there's fire in these genes I'm changing the game plan to get involved!!

Even though I've grown fems for years I now feel like this is my first grow again

Any advice tips or even straight letting me know your opinions

please Holla

HereIgrowagain

Tips for Regs BGB my tip is....dont veg the fekkers too long otherwise you end up feeling like David Bellamy in a jumanji forest hahaha:tiphat:

mycotek

Dude gavee what get said was a female (actually gave me two) both turned out female and stinky as a sewage farm

It was called "ki-ki" (pronounced Key-key!)

This guy lived and still does live in orange Hill, Jamaica

We don't talk as often as we should but the mutual raspect is still there

@blj
I tend to think not but I've read literature that claims it to be true. I personally am not able to tell until they pre sex.

MAN I must have read the same things brother

@myco
This is also my train of thought on the subject
12-02-2017 01:18 AM

Ok you must have grown out literally A LOT MORE BEANS THAN ME

So based on my previous statement would the group say they had males with the volcano dip or
More females by using this as a rough guide?

Allready soaking 6 of each so will deffo keep the family informed but due to the fact there's fire in these genes I'm changing the game plan to get involved!!

Even though I've grown fems for years I now feel like this is my first grow again

Any advice tips or even straight letting me know your opinions

please Holla

Well. Like I said I know people that use the method. There is NO science backing it up though. Im a scientist. Literally. Classically trained in the natural sciences at a Unjversity. I need research, stats, facts to back something like that up. You can definitely have plants sexed through genetic testing very very early by sending leaf samples into labs. But I don’t know if I really rely on looking at the spot where the seed broke off from the plant as a determining factor for sex.

I personally never worry. I just grab them indiscriminately when I pop them. But I pop at least 40 when I do. I’ll generally narrow them down a little and then usually you’ll lose half of those plus minus 5 percent on average to being males.

Best way to handle it is to clone early and sex your plants while they are in the cloner.

They actually root way faster cloning with flowering cycle hours. You get your sex and then you can toss males and don’t have to flower a large plant and find out it just wasted a bunch of space, light, nutes, time, etc.

Whatever you do I don’t recommend growing 24 monstrous plants in 5 gallon pots and sexing them while flowering them that size and then finding out 2/3 of them are male. That will piss you off if it happens. Not all packs will be 50/50. While on average they are 50-50 Some will be 60/40 some will be 80/20. It’s genetics and it’s a dice roll when you’re dealing with male female...... you want to go into the game with your guns up ready so you don’t lose your pants. Time is money.:biggrin:

mushroombrew

Veteran
An chap I know claimed to be able to sex seeds. Well I have been growing since 1990 and thought maybe I could learn a new trick.

The polite way to put it; it was inconclusive at best.

My opinion... total BS. Fumbling fool fumbling around with seeds. Waste of a drive for sure.

mycotek

Chemodo Breath is sold out. He who hesitates... Damn it, lol.

Looks like I got some work to do. I’ll get on the restock... This always happens with that cross. Can’t keep it stocked. Same with Hell Monkey and Dog Cage....

packerfan79

Veteran
Tips for Regs BGB my tip is....dont veg the fekkers too long otherwise you end up feeling like David Bellamy in a jumanji forest hahaha:tiphat:

Been their done that. My seed runs always end up around 6 ft tall, with a few runts that need a bucket to be of proper height. I think it's better to flip them and then watch for the balls. I know I have tossed a few females, not that good at figuring out the sex.

Like mycotek said, I take cuts early and sex in a cloner. This saves me time and space and allows me to toss the males and veg big plants that I know are girls.

I long stopped trying to guess sex based on the look of the bean or even the structure of the plant. The only sure way is to flower it imho.

B

bigganjabud

Cheers everyone

All 6 of my gg4 Bx4 have popped and the butter cookies are all still not showing any signs of shedding the husks yet

The 6 gg4 are now in the jiffy pellets

I have to ask

@mycotek what were the reasons for the bx?

mushroombrew

Veteran
Cheers everyone

All 6 of my gg4 Bx4 have popped and the butter cookies are all still not showing any signs of shedding the husks yet

The 6 gg4 are now in the jiffy pellets

I have to ask

@mycotek what were the reasons for the bx?

Yes I was wondering about the BX too! Did you scuff the seeds?

The BC I got were pretty thick. The slowest few needed scuffing and then popped in an instant!

mycotek

Yeah pretty much anytime you see the word cookie involved in the seed you should probably scuff it. This isn’t going to be 100% true all the time but there’s a large percentage of the time where it is going to hold true so it’s best to just be safe and scruff cookie seeds. They should still pop fornyku though. Give them warm temps. Give them a scuff if they don’t... Worst case scenario I’ll get you some more cookies seeds. I got plenty cookie crosses.

To answer your question.
The reason I did the BX line on the glue is because the glue is Chemmy and potent as hell and a direct relative. I wanted to start my own Chem line because at the time I didn’t have the original cuts. But I did have the glue. So I took the glue to a bx4 to create a breeding tool to attempt to create something to work with that could hold a candle to the original cuts to hold me over until I got a hold of them. I made the line so that everybody buying my seeds pollinating females trying to make seeds of their own would have fire females and males to work with. I did it because I saw great potential in the Glue.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
dog cage and chemhead og all out of the tupur. should be some fire in this tent real soon

Attachments

• MVIMG_20171201_122745.jpg
    MVIMG_20171201_122745.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 9

Desert Hydro

Veteran
can anyone send me a link to the details about sexing in a cloner? i saw someone mention this a few pages back. never heard this before but since i have so many id like to sort through them asap

B

bigganjabud

Yeah pretty much anytime you see the word cookie involved in the seed you should probably scuff it. This isn’t going to be 100% true all the time but there’s a large percentage of the time where it is going to hold true so it’s best to just be safe and scruff cookie seeds. They should still pop fornyku though. Give them warm temps. Give them a scuff if they don’t... Worst case scenario I’ll get you some more cookies seeds. I got plenty cookie crosses.

To answer your question.
The reason I did the BX line on the glue is because the glue is Chemmy and potent as hell and a direct relative. I wanted to start my own Chem line because at the time I didn’t have the original cuts. But I did have the glue. So I took the glue to a bx4 to create a breeding tool to attempt to create something to work with that could hold a candle to the original cuts to hold me over until I got a hold of them. I made the line so that everybody buying my seeds pollinating females trying to make seeds of their own would have fire females and males to work with. I did it because I saw great potential in the Glue.

Cheers Mate!!

Thanks for your detailed response

B

bigganjabud

Yes I was wondering about the BX too! Did you scuff the seeds?

The BC I got were pretty thick. The slowest few needed scuffing and then popped in an instant!

No mate I didn't, however, if I am no further forward il scuff em a bit Tommoro

can anyone send me a link to the details about sexing in a cloner? i saw someone mention this a few pages back. never heard this before but since i have so many id like to sort through them asap

Pretty simple. If you have a Cloner (I use a DIY Bubbler) put it in your flowering space when you take cuts of unsexed plants from seed. Usually will find out sex around the same time you get roots.

I will do this with all of the beans I just popped with the first round of topping

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Too late to join in the fun?

I have a pack of the OGKB 2.0 BX in the fridge that I'll be running next round. I have 8 of Chimera's GSC S1 and a pack of InHouse Genetics OGKB 2.1 as well. Not sure which to pick as the 2nd strain to grow with it...

I look forward to seeing everyones grows :)

Latest posts

Latest posts