What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

88 G13 x Hashplant

3rd-3yed

Veteran
No of course but sending sample of the Ghash, G-13 Skunk or G-13 haze could maybe help to see if there's a link between them and the so called original Shanti have now.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yes it would be easy for a crook to burn people by selling them a G-13 dom pheno of the Ghash instead of original G-13 but no one in the game would be considered seriously if they were claiming to have her...

But if this info came straight from Shanti's mouth I don't see any valid reason for him to spread lies to his customers when meeting them at his MNS booth. Neville also could verify authenticity on this clone and probably have personally contacted the original source to get this cut back to Shanti. Plus letting people taking pics of a 88' Ghash jar labeled "original G-13" only to surf on the hype created by this legendary building block seems far stretched...

I personally think he's smart enough and won't take the risk of ruining his established reputation. :2cents:

Well, this could be true.
If Shanti got it from the same people Nevil did, then Shanti's talking about Jim Ortega and his people.

Here's a 2011 post from Jim Ortega/dogless, in which he told he and his people sold the G13 to Dr.Greenthumb sometime earlier:
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/95634-post1.html

dogless said:
Hello my Brothers,
I am here to back a real bro for not disclosing me as his source in obtaining his G13 strain. It is a great pleasure knowing this person for being true to his word.
Dr. Greenthumb has been taking alot of crap for the nickname D/D that I labled some clones that I sold him. It has caused a shit storm at a couple of forums.
I owe Dr. Greenthumb a huge apology for the stress he is probably going thru.
I am apologizing to Dr. Greenthumb here since I have quite a few friends here that know a little about my history growing mj. As most of you who know me can vouch that I have had the G13 strain since the mid 80's. Nevil can also verify that. And also that I had sold the strain for $25g's to a "canadian breeder" a while back. Btw, the 25g's were distributed to our group who had previously agreed to keep the strain locked down. Had the economy not gone to shit it would have never been sold.
Dr. Greenthumb bought the strain and not just the clone. He decided to make it available to the public in pure form and is basically selling the strain at around 1% of what he paid for it, which is quite a deal.
I would also like to extend my apology to Double D a moderator at another forum for stress he must have for the confusion about my labeling methods.

I also want all my bro's who have sent me pm's that I am answering each and everyone within the next couple of days. The Skunk that you all are after will be available as soon as Nevil decides what he wants to do with the strain as I am leaving it up to him.

Take care my brothers!
Jim

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Well, this could be true.
If Shanti got it from the same people Nevil did, then Shanti's talking about Jim Ortega and his people.

Here's a 2011 post from Jim Ortega/dogless, in which he told he and his people sold the G13 to Dr.Greenthumb sometime earlier:
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/95634-post1.html

G `day GC

I believe Dogless aka Jim Ortega had a G13 / NL cross he got from Nevil .
The G13 cut was low yielding . The stuff Green Thumbs sells grows big .

Ortega is not mentioned in association with acquiring G13 . Only in the controversy surrounding the fake G13 pure he sold to green Thumbs for 25 K

What about that old urban myth about the owner of the G13 dying and the G13 cut dying on the same day ???

But Ortega came up with a bull shit story about killing the virus that inhabited the old G13 and rejuvenated it . Funny how it grows so much bigger with different characteristics after his treatments . LOL .

Also the confusion re DD s cut and Ortegas "pure" G13. They are the same cut from Nevil .

DD `s swapped for a dry sift tumbler . Ortega obviously provided genetics .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

GoatCheese

Veteran
G `day GC

I believe Dogless aka Jim Ortega had a G13 / NL cross he got from Nevil .
The G13 cut was low yielding . The stuff Green Thumbs sells grows big .

Ortega is not mentioned in association with acquiring G13 . Only in the controversy surrounding the fake G13 pure he sold to green Thumbs for 25 K

What about that old urban myth about the owner of the G13 dying and the G13 cut dying on the same day ???

But Ortega came up with a bull shit story about killing the virus that inhabited the old G13 and rejuvenated it . Funny how it grows so much bigger with different characteristics after his treatments . LOL .

Also the confusion re DD s cut and Ortegas "pure" G13. They are the same cut from Nevil .

DD `s swapped for a dry sift tumbler . Ortega obviously provided genetics .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Yea, i apparently had it wrong, i was under the impression that Jim Ortega gave G13 to Nevil and not the other way around. My bad.
Found a post from Kangativa, in which he wrote that Nevil said Greenthumbs's G13 looks exactly like his cut, but no mention of Northern Lights.
It seems it a member called "Drum420" who, in the same G13 thread @ MrNice forums, came up with the idea that Dr.GT's G13 has NL in it because DR.GT calls his G13 line fruity, but is this just speculation from Drum420? I dunno..
Kangativa said:
Ok I am here on behalf of Nevil so dont shoot me
I showed Nevil the pictures of the G13 that Dr G put in Skunk magazine and he said that is exactly his G13 that he gave Dogless and DD.
Now he doesnt want to get into this discussion about Dr G's description of his G13, but if you want to PM him he is quite willing to tell you the situation, albiet it might take him a little time to answer......These are his exact words !!

What Joaquin said about the cuts is also true....ok thats it for me....Again
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/103663-post165.html

When it comes to getting rid of plant viruses..
Apparently there are thermotherapy, chemotherapy and tissue culture methods to eliminating some viruses from SOME type of plants, but i don't know enough about this to even start a convo, and i'm not so interested that i'd look into the matter more deeply. LOL

Yea, but good bit of info tips Elmer, as usual, mate

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yea, here's probably why there's talk about Dr. GT's G13 having some NL in it; This DoubleDs guy seemingly thinks/thought at the time, that someone sold his G13NL hybrid cut ,Valley Indica as he calls it, to Dr. GT and that's what GT then selfed and is selling as "pure G13" for shed load of money.

So, maybe at that time DoubleDs wasn't aware of Jim Ortega's G13 deal with Dr GT and that's why the confusion?

Here's his post at Bbay:
Ladies and gentlemen

This has been all figured out

9 years ago i bred my g13 with a very nice nl male, i called it valley indica. I picked out a nice g13 pheno and used that for quite some time. I got to know a person with the handle "northone" on ****. I taught him how to appy to be a dg, helped him with the paperwork, 100's of pm's on where to buy, set up, tricks and treats of my mpb system. I sent him a cut of my valley indica. When i took my 8 month vacation in north cali he thought i quit and closed up shop. He sold a 5$ cutting of valley indica to mr greenthumb for 20 odd 1000 dollars lolololol.
Everyone has paid 100 a seed for selfed valley indica.

that is mr greenthumb for you

dds

https://www.****************/forums...RS-HELP-PLEASE&p=615509&viewfull=1#post615509
I have no side in the Dr. GT's G13 debate. I would never pay that much for seeds, that's for sure.

I do have a G13 leaning Gordy's Spice#18 keeper, but it's nothing special in modern cannabis world in many ways, so the G13 hype doesn't get to me that much :)
Sure my GS18 cut is frosty and potent as hell, but it's not very tasty when compared to UK Cheese, NYCD and what else.

Only things i'm really interested in the G13 "saga" are; what part of Afghanistan did the original seed stock come from
..and how long a cannabis cutting can be kept alive and growing.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day GC

The way I interpret it .
DD `s and Ortega had the same cut . Ortega sells it to Green Thumb and tells him its the same as DD s [ G13 x NL ] . The DD label goes public through a forum . DD `s gets pissed off because he thinks he`s the only one with that cut from Nevil ,and calls Ortega a liar . Not exactly true . He was lying about it being G13 pure . But not about the DD part . They were the same cut from the same source .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Kankakee

My buddy was doing well work on some old guys farm house and could not believe it but he was still smoking and growing ...

The dude is like 70 had plants hanging up in barn in poedunk crete illinois run down trailers etc.

The job turned into a total disaster as pump was stuck and tank oversized in well pit underground. After pulling wire, broken pvc from well and stuck pump job cost over $4,000.

He ask my buddy if he wanted weed in trade for pump job. He's like .... no way need payment for service work that day. Cuts him a break at $3,400 ......As he was leaving hands him like 25 seeds in small mint tin w/ one big bud, large greyish / brown seeds. Tells him they are magic beans ...Had G13 / Haze on tape ...... he does not grow and passed me the seeds. I have no idea if they are legit or if they will pop.

I did not try buds but he said i was very, very strong stuff and unique taste and smell. I'm running them for the first time outdoor this year so have no idea what they are.

Last edited:

TPFTFW

Veteran
I’m trying to figure out what to pop
-G13 x NL5 beans from around 00’
-G13 x white widow x blueberry (mid 90’s)
-88g13/HP NDN sent me about a decade ago

Elmer Bud

Veteran
I’m trying to figure out what to pop
-G13 x NL5 beans from around 00’
-G13 x white widow x blueberry (mid 90’s)
-88g13/HP NDN sent me about a decade ago

G13 x white widow x blueberry (mid 90’s)

Would be my choice .

The 88 is potent but bland tasting compared to modern strains .

Overlook

picture.php

need4weed

Veteran
A bit of a dead thread considering the lineage of this strain. I'm growing out a pack obtained from hazeman a few years back. No males unfortunately. Most pheno's are short, bushy but I have one pheno is tall, lanky with few leaves. Big thick stem all the way to the top. Pure indica but with large internode spacing. Anyone else come across this pheno? I'm thinking it's the hash plant pheno