What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Loompas Underdog og aka headband

iTarzan

Loompa has posted that he obtained the cut as Headband and renamed it Underdog Og. So based on that if somebody has legit cuts of Headband/Original Diesel then they have Loompa's Headband/Underdog Og. There were posters on here with Headband/Original Diesel and there was a click of posters that had it and passed it around a bit.

I always loved it. It has super greasy buds that have a tremendous stench. Many love it but there are some who hate it because of the heavy buzz and smell. LOL! Wimps!

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Loompa has posted that he obtained the cut as Headband and renamed it Underdog Og. So based on that if somebody has legit cuts of Headband/Original Diesel then they have Loompa's Headband/Underdog Og. There were posters on here with Headband/Original Diesel and there was a click of posters that had it and passed it around a bit.

I always loved it. It has super greasy buds that have a tremendous stench. Many love it but there are some who hate it because of the heavy buzz and smell. LOL! Wimps!

Loompas underdog is a completely different beast altogether. The underdog from the Staten crew is most likely dead now. I’m on the side of loompas HB/UD being a OG/Sour or chem/Sour hybrid.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
my 9 year wait is over as I have rooted cuttings in the dirt now and 10 grams or so of flowers left to smoke over xmas.

this is second only to the original OG in OG-ness and sour like Mary Jane Rotten Crotch!

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Loompas HB was the shit....I heard he lost her and thats why he only uses the Underdawg now...or some hybrid that was close to the HB...
But if you grew it you'd know it...
FOE20
Ive seen 2 types of Headband...Loompas is closer to a clean Diesel type in form and funk IME and the "Headband" effect is in there...
Another HBand line I ran from seed wasn't very HBand sativaish plant form...The other was more Indica and had a less potent punch and the funk was more spicy-gassy-skunk...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• HBandHBud1_01-12-09.jpg
    HBandHBud1_01-12-09.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 90
  • user1346_pic12579_1228236392.jpg
    user1346_pic12579_1228236392.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 108
  • user1346_pic12109_1227709561.jpg
    user1346_pic12109_1227709561.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 110
  • HBandHbud3_01-12-09.jpg
    HBandHbud3_01-12-09.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 83
  • user1346_pic12574_1228236392.jpg
    user1346_pic12574_1228236392.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 100

Old Moses

Im currently considering to pick a few packs of Bodhi's Lazy Lightning or Coocon both have the Loompa,s HB in their makeup so sorry about the off topic but what you guys think about these strains ?

Cannavore

Veteran
Ya loompas is a killer pure og cut.

that crinkle legend cut probably has some chem or sour in it though seeing the size it gets.

east coast Headband is fire though. not sure what it is but it's one of my favorites.. i've only ever found it in the black market and it's pretty hard to come by.

Americangrower

Veteran
I just put loompas headband into flower. I believe I read somewhere on IG that loompas HB came from seed found in a bag of Headband/Diesel/underdog. So that to me means its a sister to Sour D. Just my 2 cents

Americangrower

Veteran
Mass Super Skunk is mother of sour diesel so can't be her sister.

MSS is mom of headband, daywrecker, original diesel. If person loompa got clone from did get seed from a bag of it, then it could be sister or whatnot. as for it's an OG. From everything I've read Chem, Diesel and OG are all related.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Check out Weasel's interview. He clears up a lot of misconceptions. Starts 1:18:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMr2aIV3c8g

I burned a fatty of Headband listening to this show again.
picture.php

it's important to hear what AJ says before Weasel comes on about not thinking all of his story being legit.
wondering what that's about? maybe this at
(01:32:50) AJ disputes the male in the beans that held the sour. the hawaiian male Weasel mentions perhaps.

I'm wondering is Loompa the Sonoma connection for Underdog/Headband going to Cali mentioned here?

so Weasel says he put the nicest male of Sensi Northern Lights on the 91 Chem and grew out 100.
35 were female and the #1 was most like the 91 Chemdog mom.
the #1 was the Underdog clone only renamed to Headband by AJ and a male from the 100 went on the Mass Super Skunk and those beans held ECSD and AJ's sour D cuts.
Weasel sold 1/2 unit of Mass Super Skunk seeded by the Underdog/Headband cross (91 chem x Sensi NL) to the Catskill crew and the seeds held the Sour.

Weasel also says he passed out other sisters of the Underdog as clones at the time. wonder if any of them stuck around.

there's another Adam Dunn show where they go over the Sour story with JJ and AJ no?

So anyways this Headband I smoked all over Cali in 08 and 09 then it fell off the market there and I find a guy on CL in RI 4 years ago who says he has OG Kush and Headband and when I meet him they both seem legit and I'm shocked and buy all he has about 3/4's of a zip.

a friend of a friend of his was growing it and my connection never had much of it and could never get me clones of them. at some point he told me the OG was Kosher kush and he thought that they were both found in Reserva Privada beans.

these flowers in bumfuck RI were the closest things to legit OG I'd ever found in the East and medical was bunk in RI at the time.

I tried to connect to those clones really hard with no luck and now both the Kosher and Headband come to me and they were passed from RI to my sources in Mass so it's a small world after all.

it's totally crazy that something I couldn't buy even if I would have had a million bucks was passed to me from an ICmag member just a few towns away.

Hopefully I'll get it to some growers who will keep it around for another 25 years and spread her wider.

so in the spirit of keeping genetic heritage patent free and out in the open I'm revealing Chunky's next Bagseeds and I'll let the pollen chucker out himself here if he wishes.:peacock:

I got a bit less than 2 zips of this Headband when I got the cuttings over 3 visits with him.
getting reunited with my 2nd favorite weed was not what I expected a couple weeks ago when I went to swap
with this guy but that's what happened and the Headband was lightly seeded.:woohoo:

picture.php

got about 25 that look prime so far with a 1/4 zip left that I'll be rationing for the next week that probably holds a few more.

the thought is that he tried to hit a branch of this plant with a male Ancestral Skunk but didn't think they took.

I'm wondering if the males in here might be good for backcrossing to the whole OG/Chem/Sour lines?

where's the pill bottle and the sandpaper?:tiphat:
maybe I hijack this thread with a growlog???

Scrappy-doo

Hey Chunky! :tiphat:

The only males in the room were blueberry sativa bx so chances are good it was one of them. I did pollenate a couple buds on the headband with stored Ancestral Skunk pollen but there was no seeds in those buds so pretty sure that batch was no good. Pollen from another batch was used successfully on a different plant though so it's possible. Another possibility is that it's fem pollen from a female Ancestral Skunk. Those females threw out some nanners and one was next to the headband.

Queef

Headbands one the dankest strain I've ever come across and the taste is off the chart..its the only strain I actually go out and buy cause it is so dank. I wish I could score a cut. The skunk sour fuel is outrageous on the girl. Everybody knows when holding headband..

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread’s making me wanna pop my Frosted Headband beans & see what becomes of them!

Cannavore

Veteran
I just put loompas headband into flower. I believe I read somewhere on IG that loompas HB came from seed found in a bag of Headband/Diesel/underdog. So that to me means its a sister to Sour D. Just my 2 cents

Loompa acquired the LHB in the mid 2000's from a friend of his who stole cuttings of LHB from a guy he was working for. The guy his friend worked for apparently was a NY transplant to Humboldt.

That's about all that is known about the cut. If it has diesel in the genes then it's an extremely og dominant plant because it looks n smokes pure og.

Queef

Glad to see she's getting passed around now that's a long time to wait for a cut but we'll worth it...heard she yields pretty well to.