What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chocolope

Quasimodo

Theres often chocolope on the top shelf at one of my favorite clubs here in WA. Awesome fruity taste (no chocolate), great bag appeal and a nice daytime buzz.

Ready4

Veteran
Ignore the haters & posers ! Chocolope is an incredibly great strain. Yes, the shorter compact pheno sure rocks ! Ignore the so-called " controversy" regarding this strain.
Is the Cannalope really a C-99 pheno ? Who cares ! I say Yes it is...thankfully lol.
The shorter compact pheno is a Cal/Mag whore with extra specific on the Mag - Epsom salts will take care of that. Once it has its Mag and Cal/Mag, some N is not a problem at all. Regular Epsom salt with waterings , before leaves show some yellow or purple stems, keeps this a very healthy superb plant. Mr Soul used to say that the C-99 had a Mag need and to wait until signs of deficiency showed to use Epsom salts but you sure do not have to wait until you have a deficiency. Highly recommended strain, great sativa effects in a short time frame.

igro3s

i got a killer cut of the chocolope about 5 years ago from p.o. great morning high sweet mellon smell and a real good yielder. she's a keeper in my book i just hit 26.0% THC 0.9%CBD 0.2% CBN on it from my last chop.

roach

Veteran
i grew Chocolope a year or 2 ago and i loved it so much that i will grow it again sometime

here is a few pics:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the fastest one was done in just under 8 weeks, had the smallest yield of them all but the best taste and high, just wished i had taken cuttings, think the slowest one whent just a bit over 10 weeks

Last edited:

Lung.Butter

I was chatting to one of the coffee shop owners in the dam a few years back and he mentioned it was a very popular strain with growers and customers. I managed to get some regs and I've got a six pack about go into flower.

catalyte

Veteran
definitely have my eye on this strain!!

looks like she grows huge flowers with minimal trimming at the end!!

Smoggy

Chocolate hybridizing

Chocolate hybridizing

Maybe 6yrs ago I got a presumed Chocolope cut from an Arcata soil grower, who got Good nug off it. My runnin it on a hydro table alongside a dozen others stains, resulted in a big messy Bush with not as dense buds and less pronounced smell- didn't yield impressively either!
Just to save the genes, I fertilized it with an [OG (f) x Col (m)] male.
The OG was from a San Fernando armenian / Colombian sourced from Riohacha, La Guajira (late2005)
This elegant multi-towered specimen was first example:
picture.php

Grown in 5qt painters bucket of coco/hydrton on recirculating top feed from seed, it finished ~4 1/2ft under 1kw HPS in a 4x4 arrangement.
Haven't screened any more since back then...

Max Headroom

Veteran
i've grown a cut that i was told was supposedly used as the mother by DNA to make all their "-lope" strains. it's an amazingly fast sativa. easy to grow, totally done in 63 days, dense nugs, heavy yield (45 g+ under 400W), awesome sativa high that doesn't make you tired, absolutely no raciness.
i've been in love with this girl for the past 3 years - anyone got more info on this standout plant?

joebloom

I'm flowering two plants right now, They are half way through an eight week flower cycle.
They are short, very short like two and a halffeet tall and tight bud formation, looks like Indica. I've had the mother for a year or more now, she is huge and beautiful. Right now they smell like a hint of chocolate fragrance with a little citrus or melon. My friend gave me a cut. He got the seeds in Amsterdam about two years ago, I'm not sure where but in the past he has gone to GHS for Lemon Skunk. Fingers crossed.