What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

stretching?

G

I am growing WYD in soil, this one is just over 2 weeks old... a few days ago i switched the light cycle from 24/0 to 18/6. and now when i check on my plants in the morning some of them have leaves that are pointing straight up, the stems are not getting any longer... they are about 1 inch from CFLs... could this be an over/under watering thing? a nute thing? or is it just stretching?

here's a pic

Click for Larger Image

racefan

When my plants do that it means they are very happy. I'm color blind so as far as I can see they look happy to me.

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Looks good...

Looks good...

Tight node spacing. When it develops some more root structure the growth upwards and outwards should greatly increase. Noticed a little bit of a burn on one leaf. Are you using ferted soil. Steer clear of the miracle grow if that's what you've got or you'll be fertilizing them with every water. Try not to water it until it's good and dry. This will force the roots to stretch looking for water which will give you some more root structure.

GreatLakes THC

Last edited: