What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Domina

Sleepy

Veteran
hello, friends. :wave:

i grew Black Domina from Sensi Seeds recently chopped and now curing.

enjoyed via vaporizor...

although a low yielder for me, the herb is high quality! :rasta: hehehe

taste is hard to pin down, but yummy...kind of herbal (duh), no bite at all...nice easy expansion...

the high is mellow, but very enjoyable...tends to glue me to the couch a bit... :muahaha:

vegged for 2 months under a T5, bloomed under a 400 watt HPS...grown in promix hp...

i was going to attempt a re-veg of this lady, but i lost her...i do have a cutting that has finally rooted, and i plan to try again with the cutting.

link in my sig for now...

sorry i can't post any images of the dry nugs, but will put some up when i can.

peace.

G

Look forward to seeing some pics sleepy, always been interested in Black Domina.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
sleepy
howzit brother..??> Hope ya had a great turkey day... ima pull up my lazy boy chair for this cant wait to see her. I to have been interested in her sleepy aid... Ya know me insomnia theater... Well ill bbl to peep some updates good luck with her peace..

sack

G

we too just finished a black d. grow... its been in jars for about 2 months. i think it took us 6 or 7 seeds (over 3 grows) to get a female... during the grow we took a number of cuttings, but let em go as was not so impressed with the herb..

the weed is ok... but after reading many/many glowing reports of its potency, our's was a let-down... we will try a couple of more seeds, and will look for the tall lanky pheno which people call 'ortega' which is said tobe the 'shit'... i have my doubts..

on a scale of 1-10, i'd give it a 6-6 1/2...

G

Funny you say that Parest and good luck, I didn't like the black dom smoke first time round (tall lanky pheno) but for some reason now I am continually looking for it and it is really potent as they say...... I would say at the moment an 8+ on my scale......

quay.lewd

rk.. we too are growing black d and have a tall lanky girl. we were not overly impressed with the potency , but did take some cuttings and just started running it again. maybe it will be better this time around... we will update in a couple of weeks... peace :joint:

bingobango

Hi sleepy good luck with the black d,I have grown it and im afraid i dont rate it at all :badday: Not a good yeilder and the potency was realy lacking considering sensi rave about how strong it is and how fast it finnish.Ran several runs of two different pheno clones and both were in my opinion pants.I dont normally slate plants but i wanted to grow this one for ages and when i did i was not impressed,so sorry to put a dampner on your grow

black domina grow

Sleepy

Veteran
no problem

no problem

bingobango said:
Hi sleepy good luck with the black d,I have grown it and im afraid i dont rate it at all :badday: Not a good yeilder and the potency was realy lacking considering sensi rave about how strong it is and how fast it finnish.Ran several runs of two different pheno clones and both were in my opinion pants.I dont normally slate plants but i wanted to grow this one for ages and when i did i was not impressed,so sorry to put a dampner on your grow

black domina grow

i would agree...no need for apologies.

i expected more out of her than i got. :bashhead:

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Don´t know about the pure BD, but I had a BD-cross outside last year. BD crossed with ErdPurT (thanks esbe).
She was a tasteful potent cross. Not that big:

Peace
Paddi

MrDank

Veteran
I did a seed grow and was not the least bit impressed. OK at best.

Then I sourced a proven clone of her and she is without a doubt in my top 5. Excellent stuff. I am smoking a dry pipe of her right now and absolutely amazing in terms of potency and stone. She is indeed very potent and reminds me of a Xanax, you don't really care about much when smoking her.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Im with mr dank...I got my domina gem from a proven clone source. It's top 5 all time. I just can't handle her all the time. She gives me a hangover if overdone :) :joint:

11002P1010920bd.jpg

11002P1010905bd.jpg

sorry you were dissapointed in the dom.

i got 9 bd beaners going about 1 month old. I got this one pheono that is short and bushy and the leaf blade is totally crazy from all the others, also the smell of this one plant alone is just crazy. I hope this is a keeper but i'll be flowering all the females to find a keeper mom. Wish me luck for a monster!

BD

BD

I grew BD outdoors in 07. Mine took forever and I also thought it did not live up to the hype. It was good and looked good but not a knock out.

Piffington

Wow, if it's good enough to be in Mr.Danks and Sunnyside's top 5 then it's got to be some killer shit. I've also heard from other growers that the plants they grew out from seed was average at best. So it seems if you want that killer BD pheno you better search for that clone these guys have. From how Mr. Dank describes her makes me want it more than ever. Hopefully I'll come across it one day....

Nice report btw Sleepy
:wave:

MrDank

Veteran
I have also smoked real good BD back in '98. I think that most of the good BD specimens are from seed dating back in the 90's. Mine is also the stretch pheno with 80 day flower and massive yields

G

MrDank, Nice pics, I think the line is still the same. I have found a killer pheno out of 07 stock, I think it is just all down to selection and maybe I was lucky getting that pheno out of two packs. Either way, I am going through two more packs to find males so at $130 whatever a pack you know how I feel, and Sensi themselves say there is much variation so I personally wasnt expecting to find the best plant in a ten pack......

Sunnyside, Lovely pics as always. Thanks for your original Black Dom report, your description and responses were informative and accurate. I found what I believe to be your pheno as well, at least it has an identical bud structure, smokes nice too! :joint:

rk

Last edited:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shes is a keeper if ya find her and I'm sure you will. TY for dragging this one from the depths of the past. Sunny has always shared the best he's missed but pops in from time to time if not to say HI. :wave:

Happy Trails Sunnyside :headbange
Mr.Wags