What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amnesia Kush!

wordtree

kind greets, all!
Today I present to you a composite report on none other than Amnesia Kush from zepplindood's seedstock...I have been toking this great herb for the last couple weeks or so, and this is the smoke report on it from my notes. I will try to be detailed in my description, if anything piques your interest or if you have any questions don't hesitate to post up! The lineage is Amnesia Haze x Black Kush, and in short, it really packs a punch!

Let's begin with the appearance...
VERY resinous nugs to be sure, this gets my appetite up and going when I look at it, shining orbs of goodness ready to be combusted. The coverage is quite good, with rather large trichs which cover most all of the buds including the stems. The shade of green is more on the lighter side, with a few sparse darker british green frost leaves. Large calyxes are also a great sign, with some nearly the size of a pea! The structure is indeed dense, not much haze fluffiness to be found in this pheno (on a main bud at least), breaks up with a nice snap with the occasional showering of trichomes...tasty looking stuff for sure! Be sure to have a collection method for the kief when you are getting a piece down to size. Generally grows with alternating nodes putting out even flowers that clump into a nice rotund spear-tip cola shape. I really like the way these flowers look.

The scent and aromas wafting up from a nug is really hard to put into words, pretty damn complex if I do say so myself. I suspect this is due to the hybrid background, made a good meld of all the ingredients in the end...The main base is a peppery (roasted poblanos) skunk, and is actually almost covered up by the secondary notes of a good aged alpine cheese, almost sweetfruity-almondnutty! Amazing smelling stuff, even more tantalizing than the look. pretty unique terpenoid production.

This uniqueness carries over to the flavor. I mainly tested this in a small dry pipereally thick smoking stuff, rich and full of the aforementioned pungency of the resin. This smoke permeates the area around you, leaving a classic herbal smell, almost like the smell of a good Afghan with similar looking thick blue smoke after leaving your lungs. Surprisingly sharp taste on this herb, almost stingingly so on the palate and sticks around for a good half hour-45 mins. post- sesh. This milk does the body good...it translates into a sweet pepper taste with a great kick of some classic skunkiness (the latter quite similar to a good pheno of Black Domina I had gotten to try once). I'll give this an 8.5/10

Instantly after inhalation of the deceivingly smooth smoke, you get slapped on the forehead and feel the top of your head starting to open up like a planetarium dome. Doesn't hit me so much behind the eyes as I expected but there is a great head-room sensation. 2 minutes later a tingling sensation has reached the extremities after warming the body, leaving you with that great floaty feeling, like you are on a cloud. I feel this a a great balance between indica-sativa spectrum, with the effects more on the sativa side initially and gradually the body stone takes over approximately an hour after takeoff. Your chain of thoughts don't become jumbled, rather they seep up from the ether of existence quite clearly and things begin to defy description if you partake in a fair bit, haha. Really excellent meditative herb, with a medicinal aspect (without the sapping laziness and generic putdown of most med. indicas) that is not to be ignored...the duration is two-stage as I mentioned before, and doesn't need to be topped up every hour. I still have not hit a ceiling, but then again it doesn't take much of this delicious sample to get me irie, mon!

So, I figure that's about it, unless I missed something! Hope you enjoyed my experiential chronicles...
peace

Last edited:
G

Nice buds and killer report as usual!
This is on my must try of zeps strains.

R

Ronley

Beautiful report Wordtree.

I understand now why your nik is Wordtree, You have an amazing way with words.
You write so well.

Great Smoke Report. This was such a great cross I dropped a few tonite w/ some Super Silver Haze and some Afghani #1 for outdoor this year. It's been a while since a freebie caught my attention. Good Stuff!

I was curious how long the Amnesia Kush flower time might be for the various phenos?

O.G.#1

Somas Amnesia Haze is hands down one of the most hardcore hazes ive smoked, cant imagine what she must be like with a lil kush in her, shorter flowering times and maybe shorter height profile.

relic1981

Veteran
anyone working with the clone only version of this strain or with nice phenos? ive been keeping an eye out for her for awhile and have come up empty. who is selling seed stock of s1's? id be interested in seeing a few crosses with A.kush as the mom. cant wait to get my hands on her! i have heard nothing but good things. like i said, cant wait, lol

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
i have just made some Amnesia X (Og/Afghan x SFV)
plus some others.. i have high hopes for Amnesia X (Purple Urkle x Chem DD)
if i remember i will drop some infos here once i grow them out in about 3 months
peace