What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WHAT IS OG KUSH MADE UP OF ?

D

DUBADAY

I know it may not be exact but what do you think this strain OG KUSH consists of as far as genetics? I think maybe crossing SSH to a bad ass AFGHANI would be a good start, how bout you?

G

i still think og kush is a hermie chemdawg seed...no one seems to know chemdawg lineage...there are other theories, but this one of the stories of the ogk origin, and after seeing chemdawg in full bloom, and how poorly it yields, id say they are one in the same if not very very close....just my opinion...i do however believe that takin a haze and crossin it to a afghani, and gettin in the f2 gen of that cross would definitely give ya a sativa type plant with the tight indica buds, similar to how i kinda perceive the og..grail type biznizz for the person who puts in the time to search and take it there...cheers!!

G

THIS THREAD WILL SELF DESCTRUCT IN
5-4-3-2-1

all kush threads end in an arguement on way or another. its impossible to ahve a friendly kush conversation. unfortunatly this is what happens when the lineage of og comes about.. if you would have used the search engine on the site you would have found a whole bunch of these where did ogkush come from threads and you would have seen half of them were either closed due to arguements or people stop posting due to arguements and differences.

where did og come from good question i have my opinion you have yours right. well people will a not agree to that on here about og.. some say it came from tahoe others say it came from a series of crosses. some say its from the middle east some say it came from outterspace. some say ogkush is amazing smoke some say its all hype some smoke it and then they cant type.

you see what happens with og threads is everyone thinks this and thinks that but noone is willing to listen to others and their opinions. or test them all and see how and where it came from..

og kush is killer smoke handsdown.. and man once you have all the cuts of real ogs then you will understand when i say who cares where it came from and what its made of its amazing smoke.

X

highbrid1

chemdawg x (lemon thai x old world pak. kush)

at least thats what I heard- it's def got alot of chemdawg in it though

Last edited:
D

DUBADAY

I can have a nice convo about this,its all in good fun man.Like I said in the post I know its not exact its just for opinions and ideas of where to start looking for something like ogk but with your own mark! I just smoked my last bowl of ogk right now and yes it is a very good strain if you have not smoked it in a while, but after a few sessions of it I get tired if it! I figure I can breed and work to make something similar but with something I like like a better ceiling and higher tolerance. But the first smoke of ogk in a while will for sure rip your face off,LOL.Peace

JDOG6000

Veteran
highbrid1 said:
chemdawg x (lemon thai x old world pak. kush)

at least thats what I heard- it's def got alot of chemdawg in it though

This is what I think too.
After growing the chemdawg and the Orange Kush it's obvious both have the same Old world Paki Kush in em.
Plus chemdawg grows like a more indica SFV OG.
And then there is the lemon smell and taste that is pretty much just obvious as well.
I wasn't real sure about the Old world paki Kush until I saw the Orange Kush growing. It looks like my Original OG and My Bubba also. They all grow with the same structure. Thick stock with a second level of real tight branches underneath a long and thin top cola. Similar colored lush green leaves.

G

i enoyed Nirvanas hindu kush, wasn't mind numbingly potent but very smelly and tasty. irrelevant but um..yeah.

G

Chemdog, yes, and magic dust... IMHO, it lives up to the hype, is not necessarily a low yielder, and it stretches into the next county upon flowering..

Yes, it causes more arguments than any other variety.. lol

momb0

Almost every single Kush have stand there ground when it comes to compeating with the incredible high it give as well as the large yields

G

Some people feel that the Original OG K cut is the best bud available. All around, it certainly rates up there, some people also end up in the hospital after too big a hit.... Or are the recipient of an extreme panic attack.... They might not think it is numero uno... lol

D

DUBADAY

It is certainly top shelf herb but it is not what I would want to smoke everyday. I am on the westcoast so I have the privelage of smoking most of the kushes out here. I love everything about the OGK except that after a couple of days of smoking it I start to get immune like I have to smoke two bowls instead of just a cuople of hits like when I first get the sack.I am smoking on some BUBBA today but I like the OGK better for my taste.The OGK has a more full bodied smoke to it and better deeper taste,imo.
Last summer I had an Oz of some bad ass Super Silver Haze and that shit kept me baked in lala land the whole month.I remember I took an 1/8 to work and I had it in a ziplock inside my jacket and the people that came in would be like whew do you smell that,LOL smell what.It wreeked like a skunk/lemon menthol scent that has left me looking for my lost love of that summer,Super Silver Haze. The more I smoked of it, the more retarded I got.Man, I got to find that cut it was probably the best herb I have ever smoked and I have smoked just about all the stuff going around Cali over the years. But I like and indica high for the most part, like Hashplant and URKLE I also had some bomb Romulan that I would use as everyday herb; it was awesome. There are a lot of other strains out there that get overlooked. I would keep the OGK for special times and for the holydays definately.
Now its time for me to start working on my anwser to the mighty OGK. Not that it will be an easy task though.

Last edited:

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahahaha!...... lolololol....hahahahahaha!
sorr but this kinda shit is funny...

Oh the mystery strains... all shrouded n cloaked n stuff..lol Oh the Hype....

whats funnier is the public does it to them selves! fuggin HYPE!
SOMONE does know what OG Kush is, but they are currently banking off all this Hype.... why would they say a damn thang?!

lotsa folks havent been around long ebuff to have seen this happen with other lines... history repeats itsself....

I wonder, why werent any of these Cup winners if they all that? not sayin they arent great...
but look over this from a standpoint other than "omg Kush!".. it starts to look real silly, and even.... stupid..... Kush has been and WILL be around, including undiscoverd Phenos...., and discoverd phenos.....

whats funnier?!.... imo....
all the rapid influx of "kush pro's" consistant with the Hype..

Just give it time... Hype fades fast... this is a yearly thing... watch.!

Peace, bub.

Latest posts

Latest posts