What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

purple cream

purpleplayer007

a friend of mine grew this.. its all the popcorn..probably a bay area cross i think it has some urkel in it. it has the floral incense smell that urkle has but softer kind of how blueberry smells. curing probably would help the taste come out a lot better. not real pungent after its dried. the high is almost all indica with some slight mental. I think urkels a lot better but overall its not bad. i doubt its worth keeping though 6/10

purpleplayer007

its worth keeping if you dont have any other purple and you gotta have some grapes, but theres similar ones out there with a stronger taste. overall the potency is good though. Anyone else out there that smoked purple cream give a quick review of it.

Last edited:
Your report pretty much sums up my experience (albeit limited) with Purple Cream. Have never grown the stuff, like you I have (had, may he RIP) a friend that grew it. Master grower as well, everything I ever got from him was fantastic. And just like yours, the Purple Cream has TREMENDOUS bag appeal but is not too special other than that. I suppose it's good for insomnia though as the one that I tried was pretty much all body (and not a whole ton of it). It just made me want to sit down, that was about it. Not a real special high. Have never had the pleasure of comparing it to Urkel though, I am comparing it to...non purples I guess?

mysta177

you are right. I am just harvesting the purple cream as we speak. I will not grow this strain again. The first thing is that the branch does not support the nugz. They droop real bad. Second it is way to bushy to only produce popcorn nugz. I did notice that it turns purple with stress. The high could be better due to the fact that this is grandaddy purp crossed with urkle :chin: . I do belive that is has urkle in it. The taste was OK but again I was not impressed. I even grew it to produce taste. I used all organic foxfarm with sweet and distilled water. No other nutes were used the entire life of the plant. So I dont know what else I would do diff. I hope to get some pics soon. My cam was jacked :badday:

G

how could it be grandaddy x urkle? selfed pollen? I am running it but havent put it into 12/12 yet.. very short and bushy so far

mysta177

I have no clue just what Ive read and been told. I dont see granddaddy in it at all to tell you the truth. What I do know that it is sensable to light leaks my buddys hermied from a light leak. I dont think it likes a lot of nutes in flower either.

Last edited:

JDOG6000

Veteran
Well,Mine hermied from alot of nutes.
It's a heavy feeder.
I just over did it a little at the end and it shot out tons of bananas.
The thing thast really sucked.
is once it started it wouldn't stop for weeks.
So chopped it down.
Not impressed with this strain at all.
I've smoked good PC too.
It's OK.
Urkle is like 2 times as good on it's own.
I think PC is Urkle x Afghani.

XxJ03YxX

I have had purple cream. It was a very happy high. But all in all, it was pretty mild and didn't have any real strong points. Just a mediocre bud in a mediocre world.

G

after review I agree with jdog that it may be urkle x afghani..

part of an outdoor girl

i got to smoke a very, very early sample.. totally dry yet all hairs yellow.. very sticky.. and for such an early sample, i gotta say, either you guys didnt have pc or the pc ya had might not have been grown right.. cause for a 1/2 way done sample it was amazing.. we'll see what this one pictured results in, should be dry next week

kigy

I've had Purple Cream from Dragonfly and although it tasted/looked/smelled good, I was disappointed after the smoke. Potency didn't really live up to expectations and neither did the price.

mysta177

Well I got a new camera tonight and had to take a pic of the purple cream. Here she is. Please give me some camera tips if you have them!

9005purpcream3.JPG

9005purpcream.JPG

Last edited:

mysta177

XxJ03YxX said:
Nice looking bud man. Hows she smoke?

Kigy, I agree, its just not that potent..

Well it looks ok and smokes ok but its just not a keeper. I heard from a couple of peeps that smoked it that the taste was good and creamy. The smell is very good also. One person said he felt a lil paranoid (but chopped that plant at 55 days). The one in the pics went 63 days and is better.

I think purple creams pretty good, not your strongest purps though, I smoked the bag or JAR, in like 2 days of straight blazing, so its really nothing to holler about I agree, the buds looked thicker then regular purps, so I could see a cross maybe.

Latest posts

Latest posts