What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Illegal to buy amsterdam bud if not dutch? :S

fourtwentytrip

Today i heard one of my friends say that after december of this year they're going to make it illegal for foreigners to buy weed in amsterdam! This must be complete BS!

The cannabis cup would die and a huge part of the dutch economy would disappear please tell me my friend was just tripping. I want to go to amsterdam after december and still get some nice quality indoor!

teddybud

spreadin da love
Veteran
Seems to me like it would be rather stupid to hit that part of the tourism bussiness there.. like that.. but who knows.. I haven't heard anything like that.

Laxpunker

Even if that law does go through I highly doubt coffee shops are going to uphold it. Recently (well like last year) Quebec was forced into passing a bill not allowing US citizens to drink in Canada until they're 21 (Drinking age in US, not Quebec). I've been outta the highschool loop, but I know for a fact that bars still don't give a shit who they serve to up there, so I'd imagine it'd be the same way in The Dam.

It's too much of a hassle having to ID everyone to figure out who the yanks are, though I'd imagine we stand out to someone who's lived in Europe their whole life.

Oledad420

Been hearing the samething for many years now and it has never happened and I doubt it will. The USA has been pressuring the Dutch to try and get them to do this throught the EU, but since the dutch have always pretty much done there own thing I doubt they will care what the USA or the EU think or want them to do.