What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

looking for advice on off grid property in ontario

yahooman

getting ready for early retirement,selling my home this fall and im dead serious about moving north,hopefully going off the grid.

im either looking for a remote,private wilderness year round trailer park or a lot on a 4 season road,on or very near water....id like to get a travel trailer for my first couple years.then upgrade to a cabin that is off grid...id love to start with a small off grid package to power my trailer,a package i can later upgrade when i build a cottage.ideally,i would like to be in an unorganized township for low taxes and no need for permits.i would possibly consider taking over a lease of the crown from someone

does anyone have any info on real estate,rv parks,off grid systems or help with any of my questions/.i would certainly appreciate any info

i find myself feeling excitement i have not felt since i was a young man!its very welcome feeling!!!lol

im looking for property anywhere between blind river and wawa

yahooman

im not going off grid to grow weed,i just want to live up north on a lake filled with fish and a forest full of game

Somatek

Unorganised townships are your friend, a lot of building inspectors in small rural northern communities aren't as open to sustainable, off grid, green building techniques.

I spent a summer living off grid in Pense township (no electricity, pulling water from a well, outdoor gravity fed shower, woodstove, etc) and it's a great lifestyle if you like working hard and don't mind bugs. Every month there's a new one that seems to be worse then the last, sand flies were what drove me crazy. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions, if I don't know the answer my friend will as he plans to move up there in a year or two to retire.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
getting ready for early retirement,selling my home this fall and im dead serious about moving north,hopefully going off the grid.

im either looking for a remote,private wilderness year round trailer park or a lot on a 4 season road,on or very near water....id like to get a travel trailer for my first couple years.then upgrade to a cabin that is off grid...id love to start with a small off grid package to power my trailer,a package i can later upgrade when i build a cottage.ideally,i would like to be in an unorganized township for low taxes and no need for permits.i would possibly consider taking over a lease of the crown from someone

does anyone have any info on real estate,rv parks,off grid systems or help with any of my questions/.i would certainly appreciate any info

i find myself feeling excitement i have not felt since i was a young man!its very welcome feeling!!!lol

im looking for property anywhere between blind river and wawa

I'd certainly try to scoop a powerwall. You don't want to go without a hook into civilization.