What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Blueberry Trials

GoatCheese

Veteran
I find it completely unbelievable that there isn't a single well known clone-only that's traded around that has REAL blueberry terps if REAL blueberry terps really exist in cannabis.

imo true blueberry terps are a legend, born of mis-remembered generic 'berry' tasting herb.

I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong.
LOL!
..yea, Blueberry weed doesn't exist cause you said so.
You're still banging on about that aren't you, Beta.Page after page thou many have told you other wise. Clueless.
Grow and smoke more, talk less.:biggrin:

There's some Afghan Black (Kandahar was it?) being sold at S@nnie''s that apparently carry some BB terps, maybe try your luck with those?

Ncali

Veteran
I find it completely unbelievable that there isn't a single well known clone-only that's traded around that has REAL blueberry terps if REAL blueberry terps really exist in cannabis.

imo true blueberry terps are a legend, born of mis-remembered generic 'berry' tasting herb.

I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong.

You dont have it, or havent heard about it, so your conclusion is it does exist?

That might be an arrogant thought/opinion.

I have experienced blueberry terps in commercial distribution in norcal and socal. There are cuts of bb & bb hybrids. It's a difficult plant to grow, other commercial stuff is easier, less finicky etc. That may be one reason that can help to explain your experience.

But your experience is that of one man, what you've "heard" are maybe but a handful of experiences.

It's a big world out there. There are many experiences, many reasons for why things are the way they are. Not all things are transparent. Information, trade info, matetials arent all widely accessible. There are still many dark closets and tight lips.

I think this strain deserves a closer look, buy a pack and search for some man.

All the best
:tiphat:NC

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
fwiw....
Ive smoked and tasted classic blueberry tasting buds, as well.
They DO exist. And I'm watching closely to what Lester uncovers. In my view, since the elusive lady we all seek is exactly that, elusive, he's going about it the right way.
If we all knew where she resided, we (he) wouldn't have to look through soooooo many different offerings.
In my view, while special and tasty, it kind of got lost in the sour diesel, etc, power buds of the time and took a back seat to that raw, sledgehammer potency.
She's out there. No doubt in my mind. Because I've had the pleasure of actually trying some. This was, probably twenty years ago, and the "kid" that let me try it didnt want to sell any of it. And he had quite a bit of it.

Again....my $.02 adjusted for inflation.

-cap

beta

Veteran
You must've missed the part where I said I'd be ecstatic to be proven wrong.

How do I tell the difference between you remembering 'blueberry' terps 20 years ago and you actually having something like Blue Dream that has a generic 'berry' flavor that some might (erroneously) call 'blueberry'?

If Blueberry terps exist, why are 20 year old memories the only 'evidence' we can find?

You dont have it, or havent heard about it, so your conclusion is it does exist?

That might be an arrogant thought/opinion.

I have experienced blueberry terps in commercial distribution in norcal and socal. There are cuts of bb & bb hybrids. It's a difficult plant to grow, other commercial stuff is easier, less finicky etc. That may be one reason that can help to explain your experience.

But your experience is that of one man, what you've "heard" are maybe but a handful of experiences.

It's a big world out there. There are many experiences, many reasons for why things are the way they are. Not all things are transparent. Information, trade info, matetials arent all widely accessible. There are still many dark closets and tight lips.

I think this strain deserves a closer look, buy a pack and search for some man.

All the best
:tiphat:NC

Mr. J

You must've missed the part where I said I'd be ecstatic to be proven wrong.

How do I tell the difference between you remembering 'blueberry' terps 20 years ago and you actually having something like Blue Dream that has a generic 'berry' flavor that some might (erroneously) call 'blueberry'?

If Blueberry terps exist, why are 20 year old memories the only 'evidence' we can find?
Why don't you just fuck on off outta this thread if all you're gonna do is shit on it? We got it, bud, your opinion has been noted. Move along.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
as i said before, the skywalker x white russian tasted and smelled like blueberry bread being baked. just taking doobie out of container and putting in ear, would make the room smell of blueberry so strong ppl were looking in my oven to see if blueberry bread was cooking.

There is most def blueberry flavors out there, just may take some hunting to find.

beta

Veteran
Is it like, painful for you when someone doesn't agree with everything you believe? Does it physically hurt?

It's ok for me to disagree. It's ok for me to share my opinion. There isn't a limited supply of posts that we need to preserve lest we run out.

Maybe you should calm the fuck down and puff a bowl, mate.

Why don't you just fuck on off outta this thread if all you're gonna do is shit on it? We got it, bud, your opinion has been noted. Move along.

Mr. J

Is it like, painful for you when someone doesn't agree with everything you believe? Does it physically hurt?

It's ok for me to disagree. It's ok for me to share my opinion. There isn't a limited supply of posts that we need to preserve lest we run out.

Maybe you should calm the fuck down and puff a bowl, mate.

I'm perfectly calm. Start your own thread about all the weed that you never smoked that doesn't exist because you never smoked it. You already told everyone what you think more than once and now you're just annoying.

I'm not going to respond to you anymore in this thread out of respect for Lester.

pinkus

Veteran
It's fine for you to disagree beta. You are simply wrong. I only got the "real deal" two times, from the same guy. He was reluctant to give it up, took it out of his personal stash because he couldn't get anything else at the time.

It was everything that DJ described the strain as; golf ball buds, euphoric, blue hue to the buds, relaxing, buds that "store well". It sent me on a search that I have mostly abandoned, though my main plant is half blueberry (and a quarter Mexican, a quarter sweet pink grapefruit).

I would love to get something like that original BB, again.

Following. Just today ordered White Widow, Lemon Pineapple, Original Blueberry, Skunk 1
Plan is to cross White Widow to Original Blueberry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
these pictures are of an F2 blue moonshine (F5 blueberry) Theses pictures are the same cutting, but one was exposed to temperatures of around 60f at night and they purpled up way more. These where taken about 3 years ago. I refer to this pheno as the blue pheno and has only showed up in a one to ten ratio. There have been several plants that have been similar in smell but not the purple pheno. I have a bunch of F3. At the moment I'm flowering out a bunch of blue moonshine Bx (F4 Bx) from seed.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Happy Times

these pictures are of an F2 blue moonshine (F5 blueberry) Theses pictures are the same cutting, but one was exposed to temperatures of around 60f at night and they purpled up way more. These where taken about 3 years ago. I refer to this pheno as the blue pheno and has only showed up in a one to ten ratio. There have been several plants that have been similar in smell but not the purple pheno. I have a bunch of F3. At the moment I'm flowering out a bunch of blue moonshine Bx (F4 Bx) from seed.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Whoa that’s a crazy gaggle of buds in those first two pics! I can’t tell which side is up lol

What a pretty dark purple

Buds look a lot fatter in the grow condition in the last pic? So interesting to see how differently the same cut can turn out

Mr. J

Thanks for sharing!
No problem. I read your post and I knew I had that pic on my phone somewhere and that it would explain things. I couldn't find it so I tried Google and I guess I ended up in that old "DJ Short family tree" thread. Eventually I found it on my phone and I accidentally resurrected the 11 year old thread, giving it some closure I suppose.

Anyway it's an interesting family tree. I'm going on the assumption that DJ wrote that out (I don't know really) , and that Oaxaca pheno that popped up in the f5 Blueberry line is interesting. It's interesting to me because, if I counted right, a P1 type pheno showed up 8 generations later.

DJ said in a podcast, maybe it was the Potcast I don't remember, that his Afghani stank just like a dead skunk under the house. The guy asked him if he had any of the seeds or a cut and DJ said no he didn't, but he believed that it could be recreated but that he wouldn't really want to. He never really liked the straight indica, was into the fruity, floral smells.

To get to the point, the skunk genes are in the line somewhere. If you popped enough seeds you might find an original skunky Afghan pheno. There's more Afghani in the line than there is Oaxacan and one of those popped up. That Afghan skunk is hiding in there somewhere as well.

Scrappy-doo

The Joey Weed bb line leans much more to the affie side than any other I've run. Thick musky hashy notes in all the females to varying degrees. Indy dominant and big yielding. Not really 'skunk' but the ghanni influence is heavy.

Mr. J

The Joey Weed bb line leans much more to the affie side than any other I've run. Thick musky hashy notes in all the females to varying degrees. Indy dominant and big yielding. Not really 'skunk' but the ghanni influence is heavy.
Maybe a good place to start. I've always had luck with Joey and his prices are reasonable. I might pick up a couple of packs, maybe make some seeds and one day get around to popping a whole bunch. I can look for a blueberry pheno while I'm at it.

I counted again and it looks like 9 generations on that Oaxaca throwback pheno.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
So I didn’t understand why F2 Blue Moonshine is an F5 Blueberry? Maybe I’m ignorant on the Blue Moonshine heritage...

Blue Moonshine is an F4. I made seeds from those F4's, I continued to write down the offsprings as F2 Blue Moonshine (as that was the name given the seeds, even though it's an F4 blue berry despite being called Blue Moonshine)

Latest posts

Latest posts