What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Illuminati OG?

JetLife175

Veteran
Anyone have the scoop on this one? Tryin g to get some info on it... I know 3C runs it but their description is vague.

fvasquez

Was under the impression that this is the Josh D cut along with another one of their strains that they run. I think they called the other one the Club 33 or something along those lines.

JetLife175

Veteran
Was under the impression that this is the Josh D cut along with another one of their strains that they run. I think they called the other one the Club 33 or something along those lines.

Yeah I’ve pretty much sussed out this information...

3C club 33 OG is the josh D 100% without a doubt.

3C Kushushima OG is the Jew gold.

3C Illuminati OG is just the Josh D as well?

I was at a shop earlier today and had all 3 in front of me and the nugs were definitely different. And if they are the same I appreciate the info and it looks like it’s one less clone to have. Lol.

Happy Times

I was at a shop earlier today and had all 3 in front of me and the nugs were definitely different. And if they are the same I appreciate the info and it looks like it’s one less clone to have. Lol.

That makes things really confusing when people are giving new names to strains that already have one!

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Reminds me of the bullshit planetary names like Neptune OG, Mars OG, Saturn OG years ago. Just ridiculous renaming again.

nickman

Veteran
Yeah, that’s crazy... just makes it harder to get to the true origins ...!!!...

Jetlife- your saying that those two are both Josh d OG just labeled differently... but than when u looked at the buds it was def different...?...

I confused now a bit ... lol.

So stupid all this renaming stuff.........

fvasquez

What is likely happening is just different growers using different nutes/environments all growing the same strain. To differentiate, some shops will just use different names. The difference in end product can be surprising when the same clone is grown under separate conditions.

fvasquez

Will have to check my old bottle stash, but I don't think the Kushushima is the Jew's Gold. Pretty sure I had that one, and I would have remembered if it was an OG-leaner like that. From what I remember it was more of a heavy indica crossed with OG...something with much bigger buds than a typical OG.

JetLife175

Veteran
Will have to check my old bottle stash, but I don't think the Kushushima is the Jew's Gold. Pretty sure I had that one, and I would have remembered if it was an OG-leaner like that. From what I remember it was more of a heavy indica crossed with OG...something with much bigger buds than a typical OG.

Well from what I was told the kushushima came from the CKF guys which was the first crew to run Jew gold. In the 3C description is mentions the cut being blessed by a rabbi and that’s the way the whole Jew gold thing went down if you believe the stories that run around LA.

The Illuminati I don’t know for sure but was going off what you mentioned. 3C,CKF, and Josh D have been running around together for a VERY long time. 3C was one of the first people to get the cut from Josh. I’m gonna try to get a hold of the 3C dudes to see what’s what.

And yeah I feel everyone on the name game thing. It’s been this way forever and it’s only going to get worse with this legal climate. It’s best to adapt and be informed rather than bitch about it. Which is what I am trying to do with this thread.

JetLife175

Veteran
Reminds me of the bullshit planetary names like Neptune OG, Mars OG, Saturn OG years ago. Just ridiculous renaming again.

Those were all s1s from the same pollination so that’s not entirely true for it just being a name change. The three you mentioned were my favorites out of that bunch. The Jupiter was dope to grow because it yielded wayyyyyy more than most OGs.

Booyah!

I always thought the planetary series was OGs x W Sour D. But I can't even remember where I heard that. Earth was my favorite

JetLife175

Veteran
I always thought the planetary series was OGs x W Sour D. But I can't even remember where I heard that. Earth was my favorite

You know what that actually could be the case and I’m getting something mixed up. They did have a very sour kush look and smell to them. I only ever grew the Mars and it was probably the most OG of the bunch. I remember Neptune being really similar to a sour OG that my dispensary was getting at the time and Saturn 100% has that sour kush funk to it. I think you’re right dude.

do much this

do much this

What is likely happening is just different growers using different nutes/environments all growing the same strain. To differentiate, some shops will just use different names. The difference in end product can be surprising when the same clone is grown under separate conditions.

so much this. unpopular opinion: petty differences in OG lines are less influential to outcome than variations in inputs and environments. if one wanted to, one can easily make one cut produce wild variations in flower from run to run.

Latest posts

Latest posts