What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Total Harmonic Distortion

miona11

I installed a Poweranalyser and figuered out that THD-I is 25%. Too much? Magnetic Coil and Core are making this distortions. Please help :comfort:

Am afraid that energysupplier are concerned about that and start searching where the source is.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do ya think a ferite bead around the power cord would quiet it down some?

I’m not sure why you’re worried about it to begin with. Has somebody been busted because of these conditions?

I just saw your other thread in the German forum.
I apologize now if there are any language barriers.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I remember when electronic ballasts came out they caused a with cable reception issues and would bring cable companies to the house

miona11

In the Netherlands they start busting because of that. Too much smartmeter installed nowadays. It really depends on the size of the grow. I wish to find knowledge about significant numbers.

G

GatorGumbo

You'll want to insulate them. Maybe somebody else here could tell you if copper tape will work for your application, I've used them to insulate guitar cavities from EM.

Rodehazrd

Are you seeing this off the grid or is it when you have dimmers going.
Triac dimmers and controllers without enough snubbing will ring like that but a simple magnetic ballast should not be an issue. How many lights are you running.