What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Van, S. Surrey, White Rock AAAA

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok mikell you damn fool.
Google it yourself .. i use hands on and read numerous shit on it.
I live in a province surrounded by the ocean and deal with it all the time . You can use a non systemic approach and keep your environment clean and then ya you got it beat until someone gives you some clones that have it . Believe what ya want i could give 2 fucks . Each to their own opinion.

Jesus.

Google it.

It's not up for debate nor does "hands on" experience mean shit. It's biology. There is no belief, there are facts and bullshit.

Pretty plain which side of that line you chose to stand on.

Unlike most fungi, powdery mildews only colonize the surface of plants making chemical eradication possible

https://ag.umass.edu/greenhouse-flo.../powdery-mildew-diseases-of-ornamental-plants

Powdery mildews produce mycelium (fungal threads) that grow only on the surface of the plant. They never invade the tissues themselves. The fungi feed by sending haustoria, or root-like structures, into the epidermal (top) cells of the plant.*

https://extension.colostate.edu/topic-areas/yard-garden/powdery-mildews-2-902/

That took me less than five minutes.

We have debated this for years. The result is always the same. People like me post information from academic sources proving the actual characteristics of powdery mildew, people like you make asses of yourselves blubbering away about "hands on experience" or whatever other straws you have chosen to grasp at.

yahooman

WELL IVE READ ITS SYSTEMATIC,IVE READ IT ISNT,AND IVE READ SCIENTISTS DONT KNOW....

BUT IM NOT GOING TO TAKE A LAYMANS WORD ON IT THATS FOR SURE

I HAVENT HAD PM IN 2 YEARS BECAUSE I USE PREVENTIVE MEASURES

yahooman

Those studies were done on ornamentals .. does not relate to cannabis. Sorry to disagree but
I do agree with science.
https://www.medicinalgenomics.com/powdery-mildew-systemic/

WELL IF IT IS SYSTEMATIC I GUEsS THROW ANY INFECTED PLANT AWAY,ill at least try to isolate it and cure it

i do know that iused eagle 20 twice and it worked both times...so if its systemaric why did eaglr 20 cure it?,i stopped using cause of all the warnings

beanjas

Chimera did a write up on saving clones that were infected by pm .
His write up was about using a systemic approach to cure the infection.

beanjas

Mikell have you dealt with pm before? And clones that have it?
Just wondering you seem to sophisticated and fancy . I just cant picture you in a garden .

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
*This does not prove the theory that*PM can travel through the plant’s vascular system. It could be that the other parts of the plant were infected by a separate event. It may also be that some powdery mildew DNA gets into the plant’s bloodstream when the haustorium penetrates the plant.

You should probably read your own sources.

They lost me at "visually identified".

Sounds like a couple of flat rim hat bromies in lab coats.

Try again kiddo.

beanjas

Your theory lost me on ornamental studies ... wtf
Good source ... sounds like a couple frenchman wearing cut off jeans skipping through tulips

beanjas

So this link i posted is a bunch of wankers who know nothing?
Oh mikell go on ... you sure your not the green supreme that use to float around these forums.
If you talk to him tell him i said peace .. lol

beanjas

Ok mikell question for ya .
Say my mother plant gets infected how would you CURE the plant so the clones do not carry it? Wheres chimera at ...

growshopfrank

Veteran
Another theory on PM
Perhaps PM is not systemic but once infected a plants genetics is alterd in a way that the makes the plant far more susceptible to future fungal problems.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Mikell have you dealt with pm before? And clones that have it?
Just wondering you seem to sophisticated and fancy . I just cant picture you in a garden .

I cleaned PM from an environment one time, and also the 6 or so small plants that were in the room. It was PM free for about 8 years, until the room got reinfected by a plant brought in from outside. Its possible to eradicate it from plants and rooms, but not easy.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your theory lost me on ornamental studies ... wtf
Good source ... sounds like a couple frenchman wearing cut off jeans skipping through tulips

Powdery mildew is host specific. The basics of growth are similar but the target host can range from a single type of plant to a wider group.

I'm glad you used google, it's a helpful tool, but you didn't come back with much to support your claim. Nor have you in the time since, all I see is drama and whining.

If you have something beyond hot air to contribute, please do.

Powdery mildew may be spread through aerially disseminated spores and infected propagation materials. Management of these pathogens will require monitoring of the growth environment for spore levels and implementation of sanitization methods to reduce inoculum sources.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/07060661.2018.1535467

beanjas

Yours neither... you just come back with insults and sarcasm ..
You green supreme ?
Answer the specific question i gave ya ... what would you do ?

beanjas

Your not gonna cure a mother plant until you attack it systemically. Thats all im saying ... keep your environment free from spores and preventive measures to unsure that but if your mother plant becomes infected the clones off of it are carrying the disease. Think how you want , i could care less but if your special clone only mother gets infected your only hope is systemic fungicides. Why do you think they make systemic fungicides ?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you're trying to prove a point I fail to see what it is beyond the obvious re: you're a crank with a bolt or two loose.

Chemical companies produce systemic and translaminar controls because of the difficulty of adequate spray coverage. Good try with the arm chair bro science though.

Apart from the fact I write nothing like green supreme, I've argued with him here and at br3edbay.

But maybe that was all a cleverly crafted backstory laying in wait for years until this shattering moment when my alter ego was revealed.

Fuck. I wasn't suppose to say that part.

Latest posts

Latest posts