What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor strains that finish in September?

gotnoname

Can anybody recommend outdoor strain with bag appeal and potency for our climate (ottawa,ontario area). Not talking about random seeds found on the web or weak high yield dutch strains. Looking for ''cali'' style strains.

Currently have Purple kush but would like some variety..

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
What nutrients are you guys using outdoors I'm fresh out of heavy harvest from advanced thinking of going to grow more

heavy harvest was some of the best outdoor release nute i ever used. one time dropped some bales in a swamp cut tops drop 2 clones per bale hit the heavy harvest came back fall every bale had a bush coming out,set and forget. only hit the spring blend only to miss that stuff

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Ive been looking at Stutzman Nutri Rich 50lb organic chicken manure pellets 4-3-2 with 7% calcium. Available at farm and feed stores on the west coast and online for around $10.

growshopfrank

Veteran
Staying away from organics not trying to add animals to the list of issues with the blood and fish meal

Just guessing but by chance did you have a problem with your starts being uprooted by something?
My theory on this is that scavengers, skunks and such see the disturbed soil and instinctively dig up the area looking for food. The damn things will happily dig up a few hundred starts with no reward at all.
The only sure fire way to prevent this is to put a small chicken wire cage around each plant for the first couple of weeks.
Black paint or burning the mesh in a fire will make it blend better if you are trying to be desecrate.

marmarb

I've already started making cages I just spray painted the entire roll black just for that reason. Somone recommended dagda but I couldn't find not one grow journal of it being used. Last go round I used bumper crop organics soil with osmocote plus it did okay should've been alot better.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
dagda?

I figure my plants will be more visible than my cages. But yeah, cages would have swamped me with weed last year. 70% went to feeding deer, rabbits and raccoons. The few cages I had were mangled to shit by raccoons, but the plants survived! I dropped off 2' chicken wire rolls and bamboo stakes with a snowmobile this winter. I'll use my cordless grinder with a diamond blade to cut them onsite.

I'll dig a couple holes as decoys and bury all sorts of googies for them like fish, blood, bone meal and a healthy dose of fly bait in bacon fat flavored meat balls. lol.

I started 200 so far and will be doing 200 every two weeks until July when it'll be time to start harvesting the Autos.

I wanted to carpet bomb a spot with a couple thousand seed bombs, but I don't want to do that with regular seeds. That would be a disaster. I'm doing a female seed run in my yard this year and I'll bomb the place in December/January. I did a small plot last fall to see if I can manage the males this year.

two heads

Veteran
It's a seedy business, as they say, and there's nothing worse than a strain that is supposed to finish in September that still isn't ready when killing frosts come in October. I might have one this year (I'm suspicious of Blimburn's Cafe Racer) but I also have a proven reliable strain in Dinafem's Critical + 2.0. This will be my third year growing it and it's potent, consistent and done by the end of September, though it doesn't mind stretching into early October if weather permits. I wrote a bit more about it here, in the reviews: https://truenorthseedbank.com/critical-2-0-feminized-seeds-dinafem

Another I really liked for the same reasons was Dutch Passion's Blue Velvet but it's been discontinued: https://www.dutch-passion.com/en/cannabis-seeds/product/blue-velvet/

yahooman

Staying away from organics not trying to add animals to the list of issues with the blood and fish meal

just stay away from bone/blood meal...i prefer organic through veg

real gorilla seeds has some excellent early strains,i have harvested 2 of their strains already.fast diesel and lemonade og,the log was ok,but the fast diesel was excellent!potent and sour...and a june harvest!thats right,i said june..they started flowering inside in late april and kept going even after i put outside

the kushly is one of the best vehgers ive ever grown..its outgrowing 7 other strains i hsve and while all the others have leaf septoria,both my kushlys are 100%unaffected

yahooman

heres my kushly,its in a 25 gallon open bottom garbage pail
its 55" from top of the soil to tip of the plant,im guessing 2+ lbs,it will be done by october 1st

oh,and my trusty pooch bubba

Attachments

• 20190710_113142.jpg
    20190710_113142.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190709_153604.jpg
    20190709_153604.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts