What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor strains that finish in September?

Spaventa

Veteran
Mate I don’t pretend to know exactly what the plant does. Cytokinins are a class of hormones like auxins, not specific or isolated. I’ve heard tell of a few things that might keep an auto in veg so you could Mum it and veg clones off it but then let them go autoflowering outdoors when the weathers good.
Fuck all the science shit. I’ve ordered some white powder im gonna chuck in the res and if it works, I honestly don’t care how it does it!

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
1h3K2TT.jpg

Hashishh

Loving the discussion guys. Giving me lots of things to ponder on!

Tycho, sorry about your luck on vacation! Glad alls well. Interesting breeding adventure you have going.

Any good breeding literature someone can recommend? I've been re-learning Mendels theory. I think it was the only part of biology I aced in high school. I'm looking at Marijuana Botany which my old man has that I've skimmed through but I'm more interested in the sciences of cultivation and breeding. I can read a do this and do that but I want to know the how's and why's.

Ya big loose nugs, plants were 3-4 feet tall small little plant averaged 4-6 ounces. Seeds came from hemp depot bank outta ontario 6-8 yrs ago.got rid all of it kept alittle shoulda got rid alittle kept all! pretty sure it was gold#3 or #5 smoke alot seed coulda been the breeder. also tried friesland and m39 outta montreal. and asshole and jamaican skunk from wild rose seeds out of ontario dont think he breeds anymore though those were the 4 best earliest mold resistant outdoors in upstate ny i ran.

I believe I had the same seeds and I may have a couple back home in storage.. I got them from RCMC before SHTF over there around 2010 or 11 I believe. Breeder Brad or something with Brad in it I think was the listed breeder. I wonder if I can dig it up in my email.

growshopfrank

Veteran
For gorilla outdoor you can game the system some by using the terrain and other obstacles to do a natural light dep. If you calculate the suns path in early fall so that the plants receive good light from sun up to noon or early afternoon then the sun is obstructed by a slope or trees flowering will be advanced a fair bit.
And a odd side note for OD growers stinging nettles as a companion plant brings out more color,at least that has been my experience.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Silverback's threads in Tycho's signature provide a wealth of information on outdoor flowering manipulation etc. Its where I first saw mention of shaded plants initiating flowering and finishing sooner in the same patch (from IR light!)

BlackBart

Veteran
Right on Brown Trout I am using Less Nitro on my outside grow and it does help .

Basically I'm looking for something that looks close to indoor grown but grown outdoors for legal market . Selling outdoor weed is very difficult compare in to indoor .

I'm not able to grow indoor at this time if your wondering .

marmarb

What nutrients are you guys using outdoors I'm fresh out of heavy harvest from advanced thinking of going to grow more

Canada

I used Gaia green 444 for last years crop , in my own opinion it preformed as well as the advanced ph perfect A and B with Cal-mag i used in the same spot the previous years
I planted 6" Ripper Zombie Kush clones 1st of July in southern NB I added about 100ml to the top 1" of each 75 liter container . I came to visit the 1st of August and added Gaia power bloom at the same rate as well as a few tablespoons of Epson salt to each container . Cropped 4lbs from 15 plants cost $35 in total to feed them .

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
What nutrients are you guys using outdoors I'm fresh out of heavy harvest from advanced thinking of going to grow more

I'm a big fan of doing as little work as possible. Not because I'm lazy, eventhough I am, but because I have a lot of shit to do on my own.

I start April 1st and let the mix cook a little and the mycorrhizae to wake up and start growing.

As soon as the spring time allows me to visit the site (May 1st?), in a bin, I mix (I use a paint mixer on my drill to make mixing easy);
50% of the bin is Promix HP
10% of the bin is Kelp Meal or Seaweed Meal
3 kg Worm castings
2 cups Oatmeal (any kind)
1 kg raw sugar (turbinado or dark brown sugar)
1 kg (Green Earth box) Blood/Bone meal
1/2 kg Potasium sulfate
1 kg Dolomitic lime
1/4 kg Calcium Sulfate
1/4 kg Epsom Salt
1/2 kg Water Crystals
1/2 cup Myke mycorrhizae

I carry a 5 gallon pail with the mix out to the site, and use a string trimmer to clear the site.
Get my drill out and start drilling my holes with a garden auger (~12" deep). A tight box pattern of 4 holes with one in the middle. This takes about 5 seconds. If I have time, I'll go sideways and really mix shit up underground. Drop one cup of mix in and around the holes. Move next.

By May 24th my seedlings should be about 4-5 weeks old and I start putting them out in the holes and give them them a good watering. I'll keep putting some out until mid July. By July 1st, if the early plants aren't booking it (I mean growing like gangbusters), I consider it an emergency so I'll pour/spray the Nitrogen to them because it's a critical time and they'll never recover from the lack of vegging.

Last year I got a little under 1lb per plant with very little attention. I watered a couple times because we had 2 months of no rain and I was going out to check on them anyway, but that's all I did. I lost about 300 plants because I was too lazy to cage them and never trimmed when weeds got tall. They were dug up, chopped or got little sun. I thought if I got 25%, I'd be OK with that. But only about 10% survived. So this year everyone gets a cage and weeds get trimmed half way through the grow. Chicken wire was already dropped off this winter with a snowmobile.

Drill mixer
picture.php

Drill Garden Auger
picture.php

If you don't want to do all that stuff, at the very least, get Jobe’s Tomato Fertilizer Spikes, cage your plants, and use shears to get rid of weeds around your plants. Use water crystals if you're in a dry area.
220193.jpg

wire-cages-for-tomato-plants-wire-cages-for-plants-chicken-wire-plant-cages-chicken-wire-cages-garden-of-the-gods-gourmet-wire-cages-for-plants.jpg

41HC0qSrJ5L._AC_UL130_.jpg

Fuck the trimmer. Get a backpack sprayer with some glyphosate.
Kills perennials if you use it the fall, fucks them up big time in the spring.
Wait a few days to plant after using it, in spring time, as it can rub onto desirable plants.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I seriously thought about it. I did that around a few outbuildings and the resulting dead vegetation would be a sure giveaway from the air. Some weeds would regrow and would still have to be trimmed mid season.

browntrout

Veteran
I used Gaia green 444 for last years crop , in my own opinion it preformed as well as the advanced ph perfect A and B with Cal-mag i used in the same spot the previous years
I planted 6" Ripper Zombie Kush clones 1st of July in southern NB I added about 100ml to the top 1" of each 75 liter container . I came to visit the 1st of August and added Gaia power bloom at the same rate as well as a few tablespoons of Epson salt to each container . Cropped 4lbs from 15 plants cost $35 in total to feed them .

I've used this with success in the past. It's way too inconsistent indoors to use. Some parts break down quick and others slowww. Some issues this year made me rethink using it however.

For chem ferts many have had good luck with Dagda time release.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I have farm access to MPP (Mono-Potasium Phosphate - NPK 0-52-34) and wanted to spread it at flower time but never did it. I was playing with the idea of making balls with it using home made high cellulose Paper Clay (arts and craft stuff). The idea would be to drop a baseball size bomb in the hole at planting time, have it breakdown over the summer and ready for uptake in the fall.

I might experiment with it this year.