What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Legal Weed so far?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Yes, but not if it was 4 more cannabis plants :)
I still don't see 'greedy' anywhere in wanting to grow 4 more cannabis plants. As far as I'm concerned, the world doesn't have enough cannabis and everyone should be growing 40+ more, for sharing and other uses. Just because.

Whatever... everyone has a different opinion. Apologies for any attitude. :tiphat:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Way to get it exactly backwards.

you said "Would you call someone putting in 4 more lettuce plants greedy?"

And i said yes, but not if it was 4 more cannabis plants. Means I think 4 more cannabis plants is not greedy, but 4 more lettuce is.

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
So far the best 'legal'weed I tried has been ghost train haze by Aurora, I was also quite happy with tangerine dream from Rapheal? and the strawberry Ice was also a very nice smoke.

These were all ordered through OCS

when I ordered for the 3rd time, it took much longer and I was no longer in the country when it arrived, I will have to wait for my wife's smoke report.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
IMHO, it's now February of 2022, and I still have never seen LP weed that is worth a respectable mention. Yes, the quality has improved since October of 2018, but it still isn't what it should be........not even close.

RMS

:smoweed:

Rider420

IMHO, it's now February of 2022, and I still have never seen LP weed that is worth a respectable mention. Yes, the quality has improved since October of 2018, but it still isn't what it should be........not even close.

RMS

What's is truly hilarious is its the same people who were growing illegally that is now growing legally. But it now does not taste as good to some people. You have to love KARMA.

i.love.scotch

Rubicon Organic does good greenhouse grown stuff.

Their brands are Simply Bare, 1964 and Homestead.

Homestead is the budget ounces. $115 before tax.

I just picked up an ounce of their Roberts Creek Congo which is a special treat to be found at such a price and reasonably well grown/presented. A relevant and interesting local legend of a genetic as well and a rarity to find a cultivar of this nature grown for the legal market.

For indoor there are several exciting Micro Cultivators now operational. There is a lot happening in that space and a alot of legacy growers trying to bring real quality to the legal market.

Unfortunately their products tend to be quite expensive right now $30-40 an 1/8th before tax
Sitka Weed Works hosts multiple micro cultivators in a co op type collection of rental units. Some really great ones coming out of there.

A brand called Cake and Caviar is doing aquaponics in the interior of BC with a bunch of hyped up genetics. Their supposed to be quite good and they have hype on their side. Their drops usually sell out fast.

So there is good stuff happening on the legal side and it's exciting to see the market flesh out.

There is still a tonne of bunk though. You can't just go to the store and pick something randomly. You have to find a good producer and seek out their product

Moosehead

It took me a while to actually try lp weed. I ws very resistant and had my own stash. I grew tired of my outdoor and went and tried a few things. Broken Coast is the best I've had but as mentioned its super expensive and I cant find the stuff I like in anything bigger than an eighth.

The strain Im after has had a few name changes, Quadra/Headstash is the one. Was called fourway before they named it quadra. Never came across it during my years living in BC. I havent lived there in 15 years though so maybe its in some circles now. Any Island folks come across it? Maybe a cut grew legs and made it out of their facility?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
well part of it is it sits over dry in 1 -5 gram containers which is like a g in plastic sandwich bag for 4-6 months before even got on a shelf.. I know for certain aurora prerolls are from 6 plus months ago, and who knows when the products was harvested that typically is not cured properly.
In Michigan, you can usually find the Harvest Date printed on the label. I've smoked some decent sh1t from MI dispos, no real complaints. And weed is getting cheaper every day up there because there's ten or more dispos in every town. Capitalism at its finest!

Last edited:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
It took me a while to actually try lp weed. I ws very resistant and had my own stash. I grew tired of my outdoor and went and tried a few things. Broken Coast is the best I've had but as mentioned its super expensive and I cant find the stuff I like in anything bigger than an eighth.

The strain Im after has had a few name changes, Quadra/Headstash is the one. Was called fourway before they named it quadra. Never came across it during my years living in BC. I havent lived there in 15 years though so maybe its in some circles now. Any Island folks come across it? Maybe a cut grew legs and made it out of their facility?
You know Quadra is an island off the coast of Vancouver Island don't ya? Must be named after it.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
LP= Legally produced/procured?

I'll go back to lurking now..
Licensed Producer....meaning the Feds got their cut....:(

The quality grade when buying LP weed is still a crap shoot. It's improved, but still has a long way to go.

I have found the fancy labelled / jarred more expensive buds that sell for $70.00 for an eighth is usually a big disappointment.

The best buds on display here on ICMAG puts it all to shame. Ditto for the best black market weed here as well.

It's still way overpriced too.

RMS