What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legal Cannabis prices

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
:biggrin:

I am new at this but I have been told that what I grow is better than what is avail here. Soooo, I can just imagine what they have to offer.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

I am new at this but I have been told that what I grow is better than what is avail here. Soooo, I can just imagine what they have to offer.

I love Beefsteak tomatoes but you can't buy them in the store. Same thing with weed. Most commercial strains are... well.. commercial. Hight fast yielding, overfed, sprayed, etc. You can grow much different and cleaner smoke in your garden. You can trim, dry, cure the way you like. So you have more control.

Nigelharris

The best weed comes from tent growers under a 400w or similar. People scale up in commercial grows and compromises are made. How many ppl you hear of growing out seed packs or breeding to find good strains?

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I love Beefsteak tomatoes but you can't buy them in the store. Same thing with weed. Most commercial strains are... well.. commercial. Hight fast yielding, overfed, sprayed, etc. You can grow much different and cleaner smoke in your garden. You can trim, dry, cure the way you like. So you have more control.
I remember I grew them one year. I told a friend I'd bring him in a couple. He called me a cheap f...r. I said one slice makes a sandwich. They avg 4-6 inch in diameter. Pretty impressive considering the short growing season here in NS. Growing early girls this year. I've been collecting all Aug, normally tomatoes here are ready mid Sep (too late) and finish mid to late Oct

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
The best weed comes from tent growers under a 400w or similar. People scale up in commercial grows and compromises are made. How many ppl you hear of growing out seed packs or breeding to find good strains?
Once I grow my medicine chest (nearly there) I have some land races I plan on breeding :)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

Hang around here for a bit and you'll find lots of breeders. Rookies and pros.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you all think outdoor theft will slow down a bit. I’m worried about my shit getting stolen

Mr. J

Do you all think outdoor theft will slow down a bit. I’m worried about my shit getting stolen
If you have your stuff out in the bush like the old days I'd say you're a bit safer. Much easier pickings for the thieves now that everyone has a plant or two. I bet a lot of people are gonna get their plants ripped from their yards this fall.

Thieves are too lazy to grow their own.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
If you have your stuff out in the bush like the old days I'd say you're a bit safer. Much easier pickings for the thieves now that everyone has a plant or two. I bet a lot of people are gonna get their plants ripped from their yards this fall.

Thieves are too lazy to grow their own.

There are 12 plants that I could see from the road within 2km of my place. lol

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Lotsa Ripping going on....

Some folks have deployed the fishing hooks....

People are growing their 4 plants within 25 feet of the road here. Idiots. That's like leaving a case of Jack Daniels sitting by the road. How long do you think that would last?

As for deploying fish hooks... If someone hooks me on my property, or on my 4x4 while I'm on crown land, I'll sleep there and shoot the fuckers full of rock salt when I see them. You want to really make sure you want to enter that world.

blastfrompast

Veteran
People are growing their 4 plants within 25 feet of the road here. Idiots. That's like leaving a case of Jack Daniels sitting by the road. How long do you think that would last?

As for deploying fish hooks... If someone hooks me on my property, or on my 4x4 while I'm on crown land, I'll sleep there and shoot the fuckers full of rock salt when I see them. You want to really make sure you want to enter that world.

lol more like private property in towns in fenced in yards, was a new tactic i hadn't heard about before...put them in the plant itself so if someone tries to rip it outta the ground they get a hook for their "trebble" :p

I tired of the city and bought 80 acres myself cancelled my OD this year due to the shitty weather we had in the spring (HAIL).

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Every 5th farmer here is growing fucking hemp. The strategy now is to put out late flowering plants to avoid the hemp pollen clouds. I have 2 small seed free crops.