What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Concerns raised about first device set to be approved for roadside drug detection

troutman

Seed Whore
Cops can smoke off duty. Does that mean they can drive a cop car the next day?

Unless the smoke piggie has a desk job. They'll be breaking the law if they are tested while driving.

I think anyone who gets pulled over should have the right to have the piggie tested as well.

In the spirit of transparency and safety, the piggies have nothing to hide do they? :biggrin:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Unless the smoke piggie has a desk job. They'll be breaking the law if they are tested while driving.

I think anyone who gets pulled over should have the right to have the piggie tested as well.

In the spirit of transparency and safety, the piggies have nothing to hide do they? :biggrin:

The union will have something to say about that.
A lot of jobs will have restrictions e.g police on duty, the military, pilots, health care providers etc...

Just think of it... We can sit here and debate all day long, about the ins and outs. Would you want any of the aforementioned individuals high while under their care?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
The point I was referring to was if swab detection put you as impaired, even after 20 days without a toke, how can police officers be able to toke on Sunday and drive their squad car on Monday?

Ottawa police chief just said they can smoke weed on their days off.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
The point I was referring to was if swab detection put you as impaired, even after 20 days without a toke, how can police officers be able to toke on Sunday and drive their squad car on Monday?

Ottawa police chief just said they can smoke weed on their days off.
IMMHO if we are going to be idiotic about our discussion. No one can smoke! <--- period Unless they take a cab, the bus or someone else is driving. I don't toke I medicate and I can tell you that I feel the day after. That being said I am a heavy CBD user. Although my head is clear, I doubt my body is good to go. Without a test. I frigging know damn well my motor functions are impaired, to some degree.

Let's just say I am not a guerilla just a simple citizen who medicates using cannabis. I for one am glad it is legalized in Canada, regardless of the flavour or take a certain segment of our society like to spin it. I had nothing to loose and everything to gain with legalization. One size does not fit all :tiphat:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Any experienced stoner is a fine driver if they drive stoned all the time. I know many including myself who indulge quite heavily starting first thing in the morning every day, and drive whenever its needed, no question of sobriety. After decades of this, and a great driving record, and seeing how most people on the road pay less attention than I do, I feel absolutely 0 guilt that I may be a threat to safety on the road when i drive after use, which is always. If I leave the house, 9 times out of ten I take a dab for the road. Its just common sense.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Any experienced stoner is a fine driver if they drive stoned all the time. I know many including myself who indulge quite heavily starting first thing in the morning every day, and drive whenever its needed, no question of sobriety. After decades of this, and a great driving record, and seeing how most people on the road pay less attention than I do, I feel absolutely 0 guilt that I may be a threat to safety on the road when i drive after use, which is always. If I leave the house, 9 times out of ten I take a dab for the road. Its just common sense.
Believe what you want. But if you're stoned, and kill someone's kid, someone will take your life. Jail would only give you extra time.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Believe what you want. But if you're stoned, and kill someone's kid, someone will take your life. Jail would only give you extra time.

though this is how it should be...sadly if you look thru history....it hasn't happened all that often if ever in Canada....take drunk driving...

A_Viking

What part of the Island are you on?

Asking so I can stay clear of that area, if possible.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
What part of the Island are you on?

Asking so I can stay clear of that area, if possible.

lol get a grip on reality. Can you not drive after intaking thc? It does not impair most users, only lightweights. I've been driving over 30 years, just relax.

troutman

Seed Whore
Roadside drug testing will amount to nothing more than carding and harassment.

I would be willing to bet money that 99 of the first 100 people charged with THC
in their system won't be lawyers, doctors, judges, police and/or any other person
who is wealthy. They probably won't be tested ever.

Police will run the licence plates and anyone with a past drug offence or a criminal record will be targeted.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
*SNIP

Police will run the license plates and anyone with a past drug offense or a criminal record will be targeted.
Police do that on any random stop!

... and what is the problem with that? Were you stopped for probable cause or not? I am not a nanny but, seriously folks...

The ? is... "why are you pulling me over"? <--- The pull over has to be LEGITIMATE!

That all being said... refusal of the road side test = blood test which we all know is bogus but, the law is written pretty much the same way. A refusal = a refusal = guilty.

Bottom line, impairment is impairment. (On the record I disagree with their methodology). There is a new sheriff in town, we will deal with it.