What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mandarin Cookies by Ethos Genetics in Coco

Mstr Kush

Hi IC fam, I've been following and growing for a few years now, but this is my first thread and therefore first grow diary. I am growing in an attic, which is insulated but could be better, I'm going to add some 50-100mm kingspan and plasterboard and do away with the tent to increase my grow space and hopefully have more stable conditions. My set up is as follows:

6 x Mandarin Cookies - Ethos Genetics
2 x Old Grandpa Scratch - Karma genetics LTD edition
1 x Triangle kush cookies - Connoisseur genetics
1 x Forum cut GSC
1 x Casey Jones (True's cut)
All in XL Autopots because I struggle with carrying water, Coco and perlite mix with clay pebbles in base of pots.
And I may add a few more depending on the space once the insulation is up.

2 x 315w CMH with horizon reflectors
2-3 x 600w HPS on adjust-a-wings
8 inch rhino pro and rvk with controller
Thermostatic tube heaters around the base of the pots
Using the full Hesi range of nutrients

I hope I haven't left out anything too crucial! Any feedback and constructive criticism much appreciated!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?
albumid=76799&pictureid=1843568

picture.php

Mstr Kush

After repotting all the girls took a turn for the worse and started turning pale and clawing. I think it's due to a combination of transplant stress, a slight drop in temperature and flooding with too much water straight after transplant. Lesson learned though! A quick spray of Plant Magic Evolution foliar spray helped massively with lockout. Hopefully they perk up again in the next few days ��

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Promising grow there, you're best using 100% coco, it's easier to dispose of as it'll burn when dry

Hesi nutes are a bit industrial, if you can switch to Canna and don't forget to flush

Mstr Kush

Promising grow there, you're best using 100% coco, it's easier to dispose of as it'll burn when dry

Hesi nutes are a bit industrial, if you can switch to Canna and don't forget to flush

Cheers mate, really appreciate the input. I had a bit of a safety issue so had to relocate the girls. On the plus side, I now have twice the space :)

After a slight iron deficiency (which i believe to be caused by P lockout after feeding bloom nutes too earlier after flipping) they are looking much better and hopefully just finishing the stretch.

Out of interest, why do you say Hesi is industrial? I thought they used more organically derived compounds than canna? And I've found the EC to be lower at required nutrient levels, also better at buffering PH in my experience. Some light on this would be much appreciated

Photo update to follow

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
@MstrKush
Hesi nutes are the most difficult to flush out IMHE

Can you get that S bend out of the pipe work between the can and the fan? Killing the efficiency of the fan there

Mstr Kush

@MstrKush
Hesi nutes are the most difficult to flush out IMHE

Can you get that S bend out of the pipe work between the can and the fan? Killing the efficiency of the fan there

That makes sense given more organic constituents than most mineral based nutrients. I always allow 3 weeks for flush so I've not really had an issue with it as of yet, but I'll bear that in mind. Might have to give the canna another shot on the next round.

Unfortunately I am very limited with where I can place the filter without blocking light to the canopy. But I have also just installed a portable a/c unit, with the exhaust running through a 12" filter, which is moving the majority of air now and keeping the canopy at 26-28

Mstr Kush

Edit: In my initial post, I said I was running 2-3 600w hps, temps have only allowed me the 2 + the 2 x CMH. Also I have installed an A/C unit, vented through a 12 inch rhino pro (checked to make sure it was properly packed with charcoal, after recent bad press)

I also decided to only run 1 Old Grandpa Scratch and to also swap the other for a Harambe by Ethos Genetics, and I added a cookies x bay11 (aka Brighton Rock)

The ladies have just finished there first week after flip, they've finished stretching (thankfully!) And just starting to pack on the pistils. Iron deficiency seems to still be on the mend, looking greener new growth every day now
picture.php

picture.php

Mstr Kush

Just popped some of these beans a couple weeks ago

I've been impressed with everything I've seen from Ethos so far, their Harambe is really special, hopefully something is this pack will be too. Got a few more packs by them to pop soon; Temple of the Dawg, Banana Hammock, Zweet Inzanity, Mandarin Jack, Purple Roze and Purple Zkittlez...it's going to be a busy year!

I’m running rainmaker from ethos and it’s absolutely amazing. I ran their quattro cookies twice now (in my second run) and have not been impressed at all. They all look like mutant plants so I’m not sure what’s up with that. I’m interested in more of their gear so I’ll be subbed to see how your stuff turns out.

topheavy420

I just finished my first run with Mandarin cookies, 3 phenos that were practically identical, none of which turned out like some of the amazing pics you see on IG and such, nice plants none the less and they yeilder great with only a very subtle orange terps. I'll be curious to see how yours turn out, it might prompt me to pop the other three beans i have. Anyways looking good man, keep rockin'em!!!