What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australian Landrace(s)

riddly

Hello everybody,

i have a simple question. Have some friends from Australia and was thinking to ask them to bring me back some pure unhybridized strains from Australia.
I've only come across one called Duck's Foot (though its origins are not clear, it could even be a mix of various plants).

Here's the question: i'm after some real unworked/unhybridized plant from Australia, its name, origin (location) and any other info you may have and want to share.

Thank you all
riddly

420bears

wally duck is the creator of ducks foot im sure hes here on the forums hit him up

Beuhologue

Hi riddly,
there is Duckfoot/webbed leaves plants ("patte canard" in french) in Tahiti area, they have "patte canard indica" and "patte canard sativa" I read that webbed leaves trait could came from indian genetics

I think they don't have cannabis naturally in their isolated ecosystem, it's 60/more years imported genetics and hybrids made with them, try to find Mullumbimby Madness if you search for an old famous aussie strain

++!

:gday::gday:Red beard is a good old aussie strain pretty shore its not a landrace strain but would love to no if anyone still has it around:gday:

riddly

unfortunately he hasn't posted nor started threads anywhere. can't seem to get on his personal page to send him a message. you know how?
did some research based on what you wrote but nothing. it's all old. i guess if there's such a strain it'd be kept by the aborigenal people :) thanks though!

riddly

:gday::gday:Red beard is a good old aussie strain pretty shore its not a landrace strain but would love to no if anyone still has it around:gday:

again a very old strain and unknown. nobody knos anything about it or has info about it. a pity. i thought there were some real landraces down there maybe i was wrong? thank you for bringing the name up

No landrace down here but hope of getting a bag seed showing landrace traits but mr nice guys seed bank have la nina strain with a australian sativa in it that's the only thing i could recommend for aussie landrace thats document

Brother Nature

From what I understand Cannabis isn't a native plant in Australia, though there's always the possibility I may be wrong. If you're looking for 'Australian Landraces' you're more likely to fins something from one of the South East Asian countries, PNG, Thai, etc... that's been bread and worked to do well in OZ.

On a side note, in NZ, we've still got some red beard going around, mainly called Nelson Red Beard, which I believe is derived from a strain from one of the Southern African countries. :)

riddly

Hi Brother Nature, thank you for the rpely. I managed to acquire on Seedbay some PNG. Will def.ly work on it .Am very curious to see how they'll perform in natural outdoor environment using open pollination.

I did some research on the red beard but seems to be unobtainable for the time being.

ozzieAI

Veteran
From what I understand Cannabis isn't a native plant in Australia, though there's always the possibility I may be wrong. If you're looking for 'Australian Landraces' you're more likely to fins something from one of the South East Asian countries, PNG, Thai, etc... that's been bread and worked to do well in OZ.

this is my understanding as well...my first ever seeds came in bird seed...

Old fark

Aussie landrace

Aussie landrace

Just as a point of interest 'personally through my own experience the landrace generic type outdoor gear that gets around this neck of the woods (Se queensland) .
In my opinion I wouldn't worry yourself too much about aussie land races as the ones I've tried over the years are pretty darn average.
Always that same shitty taste and affect .
That's why people buy seeds from Europe,America etc
Quality genetics'good outcome.
That's not to say quality landrace aussie doesn't exist,but generally the genetics are not as good as they could be and I guess mass produced bush gear will always be pretty average.
Personally I wouldn't waste your time far superior landraces are available elseware!
My European strains pole axe aussie outdoor landrace sativa smokers!✌️:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts