What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where to get good recreational in denver?

S

SooperSmurph

I forgot to mention a place that actually is pretty good, and Rec/Med combined, Wellspring on Broadway.

While their bud is minimally cured, it actually does have a cure, unlike many shops. Their Lemon Skunk is delicious, and some of the only flowers I smoke whenever offered to me, I usually turn joints and etc away in favor of dabs, but when I hear the name "Lemon Skunk" I go nuts and buy an ounce. Pink House buys wholesale Lemon Skunk from Wellspring. No joke, no lie.

Some of their generic "Kushes", Platinum Kush, Bubba Kush, His Kush Her Kush etc, are pretty lack luster, but if you ever notice a strain called Ingrid on the shelf, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, and just in case you didn't read it the first few times, BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Strain originated in California using genetics from Pakistan / Afghanistan, tested in Sacramento dispensaries until they whittled it down to an A and B cut, obviously you want A, and Wellspring carries that version. Smells like pure keef, that's the only way to describe opening a jar of Ingrid, slightly earthy, overwhelmingly keefy.

thewiz4

I was in Denver this past August and thought High Level Health, Green Man Cannabis, and Chronic Therapy had some really good bud. Got a quarter of SFV Headband at High Level Health for 46 after tax on a deal on the month. Some of the best herb I've ever had. Pootie Tang at Star Buds was a great sativa and the Colfax Pot Shop had some killer Lee Roy TK but their other strains were just ok. Hope this helps!

SourDank

Veteran
Natural Remedies downtown has great rec, i went to Denver twice in 2014 and it was the only place I found great flowers at. I obviously didn't try every place but I did a lot. I believe Mr.Dank grows for them according to IG. If your in Denver your doing yourself a disservice if you don't go there!

mtntrogger

Veteran
Native Roots is fairly new there...will have to swing by.
Any good seeds on location there ??:laughing:

Not sure I'd recommend native roots....I'm not speaking from personal experience though. It's a chain owned by a very wealthy businessman, there is one in my town ..I know plenty who go there, mostly because they are too lazy to hit up growers for good shit. Everyone tells me the same; bud is weak but the edibles and extracts are the main reason people choose chain weed stores. I'd go mom and pop all day. Smaller = more attention to detail. No on the seeds, best is to network on here with ic mag peeps, then meet up when your here.

mtntrogger

Veteran
I forgot to mention a place that actually is pretty good, and Rec/Med combined, Wellspring on Broadway.

While their bud is minimally cured, it actually does have a cure, unlike many shops. Their Lemon Skunk is delicious, and some of the only flowers I smoke whenever offered to me, I usually turn joints and etc away in favor of dabs, but when I hear the name "Lemon Skunk" I go nuts and buy an ounce. Pink House buys wholesale Lemon Skunk from Wellspring. No joke, no lie.

Some of their generic "Kushes", Platinum Kush, Bubba Kush, His Kush Her Kush etc, are pretty lack luster, but if you ever notice a strain called Ingrid on the shelf, buy it, buy it, buy it, buy it, and just in case you didn't read it the first few times, BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Strain originated in California using genetics from Pakistan / Afghanistan, tested in Sacramento dispensaries until they whittled it down to an A and B cut, obviously you want A, and Wellspring carries that version. Smells like pure keef, that's the only way to describe opening a jar of Ingrid, slightly earthy, overwhelmingly keefy.

Good post sooper, I have seen a line around the block at that place....however haven't been in, as I always seem to pretty stocked up. Might try it out next time I'm down in the flatland zone.

mtntrogger

Veteran
in my opinion, YES, totally
there is alot going on all over colorado, all year long. denver has a decent music scene (even a great jazz radio station and jazz tradition).
as for the pot shops, yes quality is generaly low, but its about the "EXPERIENCE" right? so if you have lived in america your whole life and never been to amsterdam (or even have been), it's a very nice experience to finaly go in a store and buy weed legally. and since you are reading this thread you already know where to go, how to avoid getting overpriced schwag. also watch the "paranoia" factor disappear when you smoke herb and KNOW it's legal.
smallish smoking clubs have been popping up around the front range.

so yes, colorado is totaly worth the trip imo. the mountains are beautiful, many major rivers of the usa have their origins in the rockies... winter sports if you are into that. hunting,fishing, mtn biking, rock climbing.... the list goes on... and everything is better when you have a nice bag of legal herbs to enjoy.

also, i have to suggest people visiting colorado check out the hall of gems at the natural history museum.... ON WEED. there are some amazing mineral specimens on display there, and an amazing vualt full of natural gold all found in colorado.

What a great post av ! I have been here for 23 years now...I still love it ! Only bad part is the mass migration of ignorant people, plenty of good folks around though. It is what you make it , but to me the quality of life here can be better than lots of other places. Lots of CO pride !

S

SooperSmurph

Good post sooper, I have seen a line around the block at that place....however haven't been in, as I always seem to pretty stocked up. Might try it out next time I'm down in the flatland zone.
The weed world is much like the food world, if you see a huge line of locals, they're waiting for something good.

Defacto

Thank you all for this very informative thread!

For a first time grow in Colorado, I'd like to use quality genetics. I am frustrated with the few commercial offerings.

where can I get some good seeds???

Again, thanks for the contributors to this thread; it cleared up a bunch of questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

MR_Falcon

Veteran
I smoked a gram of Ingrid just this past weekend my friend brought back from CO. it was pretty good, nice smell & flavor, kinda a rotten-ish fruity dank, I'm not the best at smell descriptions but it was complex. even gave 'em a cool Ingrid sticker. :woohoo:

Omega Rasta

Thank you all for this very informative thread!

For a first time grow in Colorado, I'd like to use quality genetics. I am frustrated with the few commercial offerings.

Again, thanks for the contributors to this thread; it cleared up a bunch of questions.

Seedsman....:dance013::woohoo::dance013:

Dingofriar

Buy with caution on venom wax products. I've bought 8g's out the door for $205ish at Herbal Underground with there Wednesday special for my new puffco pro pen. What a disappointment FFS, burns my throat and nostrils and my coils will have to be replaced soon already... I thought I was getting a great bargain even though it was trim run; I shoulda known better, live and learn!
��
����
����
��

S

SooperSmurph

Buy with caution on venom wax products. I've bought 8g's out the door for $205ish at Herbal Underground with there Wednesday special for my new puffco pro pen. What a disappointment FFS, burns my throat and nostrils and my coils will have to be replaced soon already... I thought I was getting a great bargain even though it was trim run; I shoulda known better, live and learn!
��
����
����
��
I continue to warn people about Venom Wax.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yhea, that ingrid is a great strain, i used to get it (years ago, now) from good chemistry on colfax.... its actually one "dispensary strain" i'd like to get my hands on....

I'm not good identifying flavors but it smells like weed I smoked a long time ago in Florida. I come from a land where you didn't know what you were smoking. It's good.

onefinity

Anybody have info on good sativa in the Denver or Boulder area? Really hoping someone can point me toward something special possibly even heirloom sativa type of gear. I know it's a longshot but....

S

strandloper

Im going to be in Colorado for a couple days.

I was wondering if someone could tell me which is the best brand of concentrate to buy?