What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Springs recreational pot clubs?

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Have any of you been to them? Are they cool places to hang? I love the idea of basically a marijuana bar. Where you can go and smoke and meet Other local smokers after work. Any ic crew care to share a review?

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Lazy lion looks cool. $2 dabs of any strain. You can borrow a bong. It's like getting a shot of jack Daniels but instead getting a dab of jack herer.

The speakeasy is always advertising dubstep and dj's and stuff like that. Not my scene

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I think a friend of mine went there to check it out but I can't remember any details. I've never been either.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
They have a UFC fight night. They rent them off pay per view and they have huge tv screens and couches. That could be cool. I think they also have movie nights.

That is what appeals to me in a club more than having a dj and stuff like that.

X

xavier7995

That sounds really neat and is a good idea. I wonder how they are handling the legal side of that? Is it like college parties where they sell the cups, not the booze?

W

wegobigupnorth

Couldn't a "marijuana bar" get a recreational lic like a dispensary can? Sorry I am not too familiar with Colorado law but I know there are places where you can purchase and consume on site...This idea is almost the same thing?

Extacie

The rec stores are up in denver or pueblo only medical in springs, but they have stuff like the lazy lion as mentioned

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
We'll the big deal is that you can consume on site. All the dispensaries whether medical or rec are barred from having smoking areas on site.
Due to the indoor clean air act you can't smoke inside businesses. But they are calling themselves a club and have to be a member to be inside. It's not open to the public.
But in reality you pay a 5 dollar door fee, sign a paper and you can buy recreational weed in co springs. It's a grey area but so far is being tolerated. You can also just hang out and smoke your own weed.

Extacie

Right. I've been there. I talked to my attorney, rob Corey about opening one up, but seemed like too gray of an area for me. I'm a med patient though so I'm not worried about it. Best of luck

Here in the Springs I really only know of the Cannaclub in downtown Springs, and the Lazy Lion. Been to the Lion twice, first intro to dabs. It's okay. If you're a guy, you pay $5 every time you come by. If you're a girl, you pay that $5 fee ONLY ONCE EVER...

There is a recreational store in the Springs, not in Denver or Pueblo if you don't want to drive any further, and it's a Maggie's Farm location toward Manitou. It's expensive, but that's to be expected. The price variant goes: Recreational($$$), Medical w/card ($$), Medical w/card and you give up your patient rights to grow your own stash to a SPECIFIC dispensary to get member pricing ($).

To clarify, that Maggie's location that IS a recreational store is in Manitou Springs and another, Emerald Fields. Not in Colorado Springs, as it is a part of El Paso County, which is strictly medical for the time being. Might change by the end of the summer. Who knows?

Jhhnn

Veteran
To clarify, that Maggie's location that IS a recreational store is in Manitou Springs and another, Emerald Fields. Not in Colorado Springs, as it is a part of El Paso County, which is strictly medical for the time being. Might change by the end of the summer. Who knows?

Yeh, Manitou has always been full of damned dirty hippies back to the 60's & beatniks before that.

It's like a liquor store just across the line from a dry county in Kansas.

You can take your distaste for your fellow man somewhere else, sir. Manitou is an interesting place. Try to think for yourselves, guys and gals.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Sorry. I tried posting the pic but icmag won't let me post it. All I have is an iPhone these days. It is in my gallery under Colorado. I was in Maggie's and looked out the window to see a deer in the middle of the road. Snapped a pic of it.

Maggie's prices are like what it costs in Louisiana for weed but they have the market cornered. There are only two rec shops in manitou and none in Colorado Springs. They are by far the best rec store within an hour drive of me. Even in Denver it is only a little cheaper. You need a med card for good prices. The quality and selection at Maggie's has been very good. Keep in mind I have only been in 5 shops now and all rec.

I will go to the lazy lion in the next few days and report back guys. Hopefully it will be cool because manitou is all the way on the other side of town from me. The lion is way closer.

Hash2k

Canna canyon....best club...has the fire and camille the counter girls cute!...when i was in,april theybhad gardenofweeden product...forum cookies was stupid, and they will rosin press for free!

I've been to Canna Canyon also after hearing about it on a podcast. The place is on Colorado Ave in old Colorado city. Selection's not the best....prices could be better....but everything looked top shelf and bomb. The place was empty...but the young gal behind the counter was super friendly. I'll be going back in the next week or so....expecting a random at work in the next week. You don't buy....they don't sell....I think the proper language is contribute or donate to the club. Waiting on some gorilla glue#4 to show up....I have a need to see what the fuse is about with the GG#4. The Rec stores in Manitou suck. What a racket. Somebody's getting filthy rich.