What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian Marijuana Market

400,000 estimated compassion club patients, yet only 40,000 mmar. Its a fairly obvious conclusion to draw that most compassion club patients do NOT have mmar and do not have a doctor that will sign an mmar. There's no opinion here, only fact.

40,000K mmar doesn't really say anything because 95% of personal production and dg liceses in the last few years were all used for profit making.

In reality we don't know if people will use the new system of not for all, we know it could be a HUGE success or total failure.

I can't imagine the compassion clubs shutting down completely as they can still sell to their patients just like they did but behind the scenes. They already have the networks set up and people are comfortable dealing with them.

Their best bet is to set up personalized discreet deliveries to excisting patients and don't take on any more patients. They should also work together on getting testing equipment and making sure their sources grow clean product.

leaffan

40,000K mmar doesn't really say anything because 95% of personal production and dg liceses in the last few years were all used for profit making.

In reality we don't know if people will use the new system of not for all, we know it could be a HUGE success or total failure.

I can't imagine the compassion clubs shutting down completely as they can still sell to their patients just like they did but behind the scenes. They already have the networks set up and people are comfortable dealing with them.

Their best bet is to set up personalized discreet deliveries to excisting patients and don't take on any more patients. They should also work together on getting testing equipment and making sure their sources grow clean product.

I think the government wants to see an end of the CCs.
I've heard that some CCs have had problems retaining their clients recently. I've also heard some CCs trying to put a sale value on their client list (that residual income issue seems to be a problem).
Once the CCs clients realize they can have better choice, safer quality, better price, and legal....I think they will migrate to LPs.

VanCitysFinest

I think the government wants to see an end of the CCs.
I've heard that some CCs have had problems retaining their clients recently. I've also heard some CCs trying to put a sale value on their client list (that residual income issue seems to be a problem).
Once the CCs clients realize they can have better choice, safer quality, better price, and legal....I think they will migrate to LPs.

Yep you can bet these legal trap houses will be shutting down

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Ok I see. So when they say a doctor can't have inventory technically they actually can right? Talk about having to read between the lines lol.

no they cant. technically, inventory is stock you buy to reuse for your business. this isnt happening here at all in the scenario you guys entailed.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I wonder who is putting those numbers out is it our Gov lol.. I have been going to the clubs since they opened and for the most part clubs don't help you if you don't have paperwork . But if you have a condition and you are not able to find a doc to help some clubs will help out but not many. I have found the clubs to be so-so with helping people get their correct paperwork because lets face it the system is as broken as it could be. The problem is our Gov in every way shape and form. I doubt Canada will ever be free of our Gov's corruption headband 707:biggrin:

400,000 estimated compassion club patients, yet only 40,000 mmar. Its a fairly obvious conclusion to draw that most compassion club patients do NOT have mmar and do not have a doctor that will sign an mmar. There's no opinion here, only fact.

leaffan

no they cant. technically, inventory is stock you buy to reuse for your business. this isnt happening here at all in the scenario you guys entailed.

Ok....lets try again. A doctor can receive a patient's order from an LP and hold that product till the patient picks it up.

leaffan

I wonder who is putting those numbers out is it our Gov lol.. I have been going to the clubs since they opened and for the most part clubs don't help you if you don't have paperwork . But if you have a condition and you are not able to find a doc to help some clubs will help out but not many. I have found the clubs to be so-so with helping people get their correct paperwork because lets face it the system is as broken as it could be. The problem is our Gov in every way shape and form. I doubt Canada will ever be free of our Gov's corruption headband 707:biggrin:

I think a "client" becomes less attractive to a CC when they acquire the license.

Ok....lets try again. A doctor can receive a patient's order from an LP and hold that product till the patient picks it up.

Except that's all it is, once the patient register/pays they can have it shipped to their doctor, the doctor can't do anything else with it but pass it along to the patient. So there is no storage allowed for retail/samples/etc...

How many docs will do that, who knows, most of them now have signs that say they won't prescribe opiates and there are no opiates on premises.

leaffan

Except that's all it is, once the patient register/pays they can have it shipped to their doctor, the doctor can't do anything else with it but pass it along to the patient. So there is no storage allowed for retail/samples/etc...

How many docs will do that, who knows, most of them now have signs that say they won't prescribe opiates and there are no opiates on premises.

Correct. This option is strictly an alternative ship to address for a patient. I really don't know why this option is available, or who would use it.
This is an area that HC modified from the original guidelines. The last thing they want is a doc run pot shop.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
in the future, doctors will not be needed

med-man

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
in the future, doctors will not be needed

med-man

PLEASE PLEASE let that be so.. Because the doctor's are a BIG, BIG part of what is wrong with this totally fucked up system. The best thing any of us could ever do is "stop our Gov from putting their greedy paws in cannabis" end of story. stay frosty headband 707:biggrin:

Manstien

OK,,,,,,,,,,QUESTION..Anybody with a good answer...

What will happen to the commercial marijuana industry once march 31st deadline hits....will we see a huge skyrocket in prices?

ortsa1

it will take at least 1 month to readjust more likely two

i always found bc price change took 1 month to reflect in manitoba/nw ontario when it used to go "dry" in summer time

icdog

I think this depends on how many have gone from above ground to underground and the available supply from that.
Logically supply will plummet, price will increase, supply will then be increased with out of nation product of various quality, underground and possibly LP product and then outdoor later on. Prices should go through the roof shortly.
There are only 3 LP's so far, they each need to pump out approx. 200 lbs a day. Pumping out 200 a month is no small task!
How about the future price of concentrate with no supply of material!

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
once all the beasters in surrey got themselves and their grandmas shady lics

prices went dooooown. dont worry, tons of beast there that aint moving, dont get high balled

low ball every surrey guy you meet lol

med-man

icdog

Yup, I've seen and heard of guys trying to flog stuff that makes you sick just from breathing it.