What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian Marijuana Market

mikeross

I am not really tapped into "the market" but someone close to me works on the commercial side of things and paints a pretty bleak picture.

He tells me that a small amount of the stuff he sees fetches good prices in quantity (just under 2k/lb) but that there is plenty of 1k/lb stuff out there right now and thats even hard to move. He says its "killer" but he's also trying to move it, lol.

Has everything moved to MOMS, extracts? People scoffing at $60/qtr (allegedly) for quality, organic weed because they get $100 ounces etc.

I am small scale, not doubt but I would shit in my hands and clap before caving to those prices. I'll smoke it all, haha.

I haven't seen anything of volume move for close to 2k for long long time... like 10 years lol.

I see the prices move up and down pretty quickly. 3 months ago I saw some really nice Pink Kush go for 1500 and I was surprised it sold for that high. Same Pink Kush last week sold for 1150, so prices have dropped hard since all the light dep outdoor has come down. I've heard there a lot more quality outdoor hitting the market this year and there's lots off it.

I too have seen some real nice indoor for for 1k/lb in the last month. I've heard of a few guys, guys who care more about quantity than quality, moving lbs for well under 1k and having trouble clearing it all. On the flip side you see Mom's charging 150+ per Oz for the same quality and its moving like hot cakes... go figure.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I haven't seen anything of volume move for close to 2k for long long time... like 10 years lol.

I see the prices move up and down pretty quickly. 3 months ago I saw some really nice Pink Kush go for 1500 and I was surprised it sold for that high. Same Pink Kush last week sold for 1150, so prices have dropped hard since all the light dep outdoor has come down. I've heard there a lot more quality outdoor hitting the market this year and there's lots off it.

I too have seen some real nice indoor for for 1k/lb in the last month. I've heard of a few guys, guys who care more about quantity than quality, moving lbs for well under 1k and having trouble clearing it all. On the flip side you see Mom's charging 150+ per Oz for the same quality and its moving like hot cakes... go figure.

Prices are always good early spring. People have been harvesting since August, and some auto genetics are starting to shine early. It's no surprise that prices would drop a lot at this time of year. I usually vac/freeze some for sale in the spring. Not this year though.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor

I would like to go with higher quality one. :D