What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you lost seeds in mail lately!

conehead

Are some seed sellers getting lazy. Using same packaging over & over again routine is a cops friend. PO picks one package then they now what to look for.

I commend Seedbay & Seed boutique on there new Uberstealth packaging. Which will have no return address & envelopes will be change periodically so the PO doesn't pick up on same old routine.

My count is received 9 to 2 lost, not complaining. it was 9 received & one package lost over 3 years until August 2012 I lost another.

What's your score & have you been hassled by any asshole when seeds didn't come?.:hide::gday::peek::hide:

Attachments

• MY MJ 276.jpg
    MY MJ 276.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 34
  • MY MJ 288.jpg
    MY MJ 288.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 29
  • MY MJ 283.jpg
    MY MJ 283.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

taslicker

i haven't lost one package yet.
BUT i do get the stealth postage option every time.
i also try and get the seeds included in a package with a small gift item.
it can cost $20 extra but well worth it for the peace of mind :dance013:

conehead

Cool taslicker, I didn't know that option existed.
have sent you a message bro!~.

Picture/ Hash plant hog! :tiphat:

Attachments

• my mj 035.jpg
    my mj 035.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 31
H

heardy64

yes 5 aresholes score over20 1snagged 1intent 40 plants 40 clones 12 months sus 3 years good behaviour and 2000 fine not grouse hrdy 64

conehead

Firstly Heardy welcome aboard the SS - IC. Wow bro that's no good. it puts a new slant on "it can all start with a seed" Gypsy's famous saying, its intended for good but in you case it was a shocker.
Good luck to you bro in any thing you do in the future. I think you will have to be extremely cunning in the future as the assholes may or may not hassle you again. I'm sure you can get around that.

One day it will all be legal "we are just parked in a time of ignorance"
History will condemn those opposed.

Sayeth the Rasta

Attachments

• MY MJ 223.jpg
    MY MJ 223.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 30
H

heardy64

thanks conehead all is cool just another lill adventure ive had a few catch ya bro heardy64

from the us here, but yes lost payment at seedbay and seeds from people sending on their own. They sent again and I got those but this does seem to be more a problem lately than before. Not sure that's true for everyone but it is in my case. I still have received things despite the losses so makes you wonder what is going on.

RetroGrow

Veteran
from the us here, but yes lost payment at seedbay and seeds from people sending on their own. They sent again and I got those but this does seem to be more a problem lately than before. Not sure that's true for everyone but it is in my case. I still have received things despite the losses so makes you wonder what is going on.

What's going on is (and this is just my guess) that people on that side of the pond are stealing them on the way out, probably postal workers.

conehead

Hi Cosmic surfer, Yes I understand what you are saying. Lost orders can lead to extreme paranoia, not to mention loss of trust. It can put you in a spin Bro.
At the end of the day these are the risks we take. It should have been much easier in a perfect World.

One day it will all be legal "we are just parked in a time of ignorance"
History will condemn those opposed.

Sayeth the Rasta :peek::hide::peek:

Attachments

• my mj 091 (2).jpg
    my mj 091 (2).jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 27

conehead

Hi Ya Retro, I have looked at my Postie as a possible seed bandit. But in my case I was wrong.
The best way to battle this is to stem the flow of routinely the same envelopes been sent over & over again, these routine's are easy to pick up on.
Seedbay have introduced there new mailing system method called Uberstealth. Envelopes are changed systematically & have no return address. You can ask for it by name (UBERSTEALTH) when ordering by writting it on your order. :tree::tree::tree::mopper:

:tiphat:

it appears times are getting harder, mine arent getting through lately, and i've heard they've done alot of work in that department too, wonder whats gone on.

T

Terlihat

Could be your local post office, I imagine they would have more time to examine the letters than the big mail sorting dopot's.
If you have had a few not getting through lately then that's more than random, there is something going on personally with your situation, rather than the random customs snagging of the occasional one.
Me thinks anyway.
You could try taking out a post office box in the next suburb, costs $90 for the full year but that starts from april, so if you get one now they will only charge you about half that.
Would help you also if leo has put a mail intercept on your address.

conehead

Hi ya terihat welcome to ICC forums. I just tried Registered for the first time & it worked perfectly for me. It was a little unsettling going in to PO to sign for it, but no problems. It arrived in 4 days Ire to Aus, some White Berry & Northern Lights, old school & Chemdog.
Considering my last order was lost & found 6 weeks later, I think due to my constant e-mailling to PS, after 15 or 20 e-mails he re-checked my order & found it had been returned. ye right! One for persistency
My only fear is that some fool may send loose seeds as it has happened to me once. It sounded like a baby rattle. I was surprised that one got through.
Also you may like the new UBERstealth packaging by seed bay. as mentioned above.:tiphat:

Attachments

• MY MJ 245.jpg
    MY MJ 245.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 28
  • MY MJ 289.jpg
    MY MJ 289.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 29
S

Scrappy-doo

I've unfortunately lost 2 recently. One a couple months ago, and it appears my latest order is stuck in customs for about 2 weeks now. This is the first I've had a problem, and it was 2 orders in a row. Both times I used Airsure and was thinking perhaps that is a possible reason? Perhaps something about that makes it more suspicious. I have not heard of this new uber stealth option. Is there a thread or was there an announcement about this?

T

Terlihat

My last one took 29 days to get here from date of despatch, so don't give up on it yet.
Two weeks sounds like a lot of time to be stuck in customs, maybe they are checking everything more carefully now and that is why there is a backlog.

There was an announcement about uber stealth, but they didn't say much about it.

My last one was Airsure and there were no problems with it.

What's going on is (and this is just my guess) that people on that side of the pond are stealing them on the way out, probably postal workers.

I thought that most likely too, but based on other mail experiences it seems only my mail to the UK is effected, haven't had any other destinations for UK mail though. It seems given my experiences that it goes missing in the UK before reaching the intended destination. UK postal theives are my leading suspect. If I find them... well no I am not that way. anyway thats that now where was I?

conehead

I've unfortunately lost 2 recently. One a couple months ago, and it appears my latest order is stuck in customs for about 2 weeks now. This is the first I've had a problem, and it was 2 orders in a row. Both times I used Airsure and was thinking perhaps that is a possible reason? Perhaps something about that makes it more suspicious. I have not heard of this new uber stealth option. Is there a thread or was there an announcement about this?
Hi ya Scrappy, Uberstealth is a new option by Seed bay I will paste the URL of the Seed bay forum page were you will find the info on Uberstealth option. I have not tried it my self yet.
However this is a step in the right direction, a very good Seed bay initiative.
I have found that lost seeds can cause great paranoia not to mention the cash we out lay. Our safety is paramount after all.

S

Scrappy-doo

Thanks conehead I'll have to check that option out. For me it's worth the extra cash to get extra peace of mind. BTW, my beans came in a couple days ago. Yay!