What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Papua New Guinea Gold/Niuguini Gold original strain

dread

Veteran
Foto-C3ZSW38R.jpg

png genetics,seedrun

dread

Veteran
Foto-KOAEB3CT.jpg

since today on 10/14

they have been on 12/12 for 25 days

Last edited:

caligula

growing a landrace sativa in little cups in a cup. god bless the growers of the world. Finally have some PNG on the way, will be doing a preservation project for Riot Seeds... Also passing some to Bodhi, hopefully he'll make some magic with them as well. Cheers!

cannabisnz

It is my belief that some of the strongest.... if not the strongest.... landrace cannabis in the world can be found in the Indonesia, PNG area. Certainly that has been my experience.

However as Mr Duck quite correctly points out.... there's a lot of weed in that area and it isn't all the same.

I'm also a little concerned when ppl start saying a line "needs work." Most of the best weed I've ever had is raw untamed landrace sativas grown first generation in unselected form. The best way I've found to keep that power in the plant is by allowing random group pollination to maintain genetic diversity. I believe that Kangativa touches on this in one of his posts.

The best Indonesian/PNG weed I've had was grown by the simple method of burning the jungle then scattering thousands of seeds in the ashes and letting it grow wild. Males are not pulled. This is/was the traditional way to grow cannabis in a great many tribal countries. True landrace Indonesian/PNG cannabis has very small black seeds that germinate very easily and can grow into small trees. The leaves are thin but not as thin as kerala. More like some Thai plants but with much smaller calyxs. Buds are very loose and airy with little weight.

cannabisnz

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hey mangi ,
hows Port Moresby thesedays ??
I used to love it along Ela beach ,
across from the school ,
but i hear it has changed drastically ??

idiit

Veteran
southern star seeds has nanan bouclou which is haitian/png. the seed bank is operated out of australia. i've got a few pics in my albums.

the two selected males are almost done throwing pollen and no hermies so far. :)

the png dom phenos according to the proprietor are the more reddish looking phenos; i've noticed reddish stems, pollen sacs, and a reddish coloration at the locus point of the fan leaves (place at the center where all fan leaf blades extend outward from.

the haitian hass a light green coloration throughout.

the fan leaves off the png dom female when burnt have the second best smoke aroma of any cannabis i've encountered; the best being good santa marta columbia gold bud being smoked ( i am not talking about bag smell, but rather the smoke aroma). incredible rich, aromatic old school cannabis aroma.

the high off both haitian and png dom phenos fan leaves is potent and energetic, uplifting. some of the most potent landrace sativa fan leaves i've experienced and i've smoked over 20 good/great landrace sativa strain's fan leaves.

i would love to get some other png genetics for comparison, selection, breeding.

very impressive so far and i intend to keep my albums updated.

:)

mangi_samatex

Donald, yes very much, Couple of new hotels have sprung up, more residential estates and quite a lot of business ventures. I suppose you have been away for almost 10 years?

luvaduck, the weed! yeah thats another whole story, from the deepest jungles of the highlands to the coast of the islands the cannabis varies because of the climate, the highlands provinces, have the strong stuff like red edges and yellow edges and because of the cold climate there they tend to grow wildly, the normal green edges grow all over the country, coastal areas around the country especially the kairuku and gulf district where the climate during the day is hot and cold at night, are the hot spot for green stuff, maybe you should come check it out. :)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey mangi ,
well its been a bit longer than that unfortunately ,
very fond memories of that place and the islands ,
probably nearly 40 years since ive been there ,,, darn im getting old , hahaha ...

good to have you here to give us a view of what its like there now ,

i grew some png gold many many years back ,
it was the stickiest , most fruity sativa id had at the time,
just delicious herb , and a soaring high to go along with the delightful taste ...
some of the nicest herb ive had ,
or i wouldnt be remembering so well 24 years later .. hehehe ..

mangi_samatex

Donald, that is a very long time, you will be blown away if you see Ela Beach now, especially the Downtown area, btw the sale of Kush in PNG is quite uncontrollable, you can be able to get 10kilos of the street for just 1000 pgk.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Im betting i would mangi,
it was pristine when i was there ,
we used to go across to the beach everyday after school ,
the amount of corals and fish , crabs etc we would see at low tide ,
well the barrier reef doesnt look as good ...

i have a friend moving there , he has been captured by the wild beauty ,
and a lady i believe , hahaha

its a beautiful island mangi ,
your lucky to be there ...

mangi_samatex

Donald, Thanks quite lucky but the countries development and economical status is at a slow phase,

your friend must be very happy, wish him luck on his stay here :)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Donald, that is a very long time, you will be blown away if you see Ela Beach now, especially the Downtown area, btw the sale of Kush in PNG is quite uncontrollable, you can be able to get 10kilos of the street for just 1000 pgk.

Hi Mangi_Samatex,

Do I understand you correctly that Indica strains, Kush, are now being grown and sold in Papua New Guinea? My heart is breaking, as sleepy, muddled, boring, Indica is replacing euphoric, energetic, trippy Sativa strains! It has been almost 10 years since I have smoked a world class Sativa like Thai Stick or Sumatran. When I was a kid, a very long time ago, I came across truly great weed once or twice a year.
:snap out of it:

I am also trying the Nanan-Bouclou from Southern Star Seeds. It looks nothing like the pictures of S.E. Asian looking Papua New Guinea Gold. The report from Idiit is keeping my hopes alive, barely.
:biggrin:

Nanan-Bouclou:

picture.php

We have had it backwards all these years. We should share the great strains, and hoard the bunk strains out of existence!

ThaiBliss

idiit

Veteran
if nanan bouclou's png dom phenos don't pan out all is not lost. sooner or later someone ( possibly including bushweed, donald mallard) will probably make it available imo.

we've also got lots of shots at other indonesia area strains.

on with the quest!

just takes a few keepers out of lots of attempts.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I got some mail from ben thomas a few days ago,
a copy of a special edition high times in its cover still ,
and some paperwork on studying png cannabis ,
which im still to read fully ,
certainly sounds interesting though ...

Last edited:

idiit

Veteran
they still eat unwelcome visitors in new guinea!

On Wednesday (Oct. 9), the father of a 3-year-old girl allegedly took his daughter into a wooded area and bit into her neck, eating the flesh and sucking her blood, the Papua New Guinea Post-Courier reports. Two boys reportedly witnessed the event and reported it to local officials, who quickly arrested the man.

"He was just laughing at the boys and continued eating the flesh and sucking the blood," local councilor John Kenny told the Post-Courier. As gruesome as the incident was, it's not an isolated event, according to numerous reports from Papua New Guinea (PNG). The relatively unexplored country is home to millions of people who live in isolated rural villages and maintain traditional practices that, by many reports, sometimes include cannibalism.

^^ http://news.yahoo.com/vampire-cannibals-real-ghouls-haunt-papua-guinea-111322743.html

Cannibalism and Head Hunting in Papua New Guinea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea5aoOJ5bJo

Roots of cannibalism in Papua New Guinea remain mystery to all
http://english.pravda.ru/world/australia/24-06-2013/124927-papua_new_guinea_cannibalism-0/

if someone actually takes the risk to directly source png genetics i doubt they'll be released in anything but hybrid format! who would take this risk and release pure png? :)

idiit

Veteran
I am also trying the Nanan-Bouclou from Southern Star Seeds. It looks nothing like the pictures of S.E. Asian looking Papua New Guinea Gold. The report from Idiit is keeping my hopes alive, barely.

hold on.

got something? grab something, anything. png dom from nanan bouclou on the way. :)

cape tribulation sativa in nanan bouclou is more of a pnr than png.

picture.php

picture.php

^ hope its a girl. got a great male leggy sativa with red pollen sacs pollen in the freeze.