What's new

Blotchy yellow "camo" pattern

KosmoKramer

Had this problem from the get-go. Its a cross I did using a BOG Sour Bubble male and a female C99. Only grew out 1 female and she's been doing this all along. Actually more light green than the yellow you see in the pics.

Growing in coco, 6/9 GH, hand watered, pH'd to around 5.6. My tap water hardness is approx 149, 35ppm Calcium, 12ppm Magnesium, 179ppm TDS. Started using 8ml Cal/Mag+ because I thought it was a Cal/Mag deficiency and it improved somewhat but doesn't go away completely.

Figured with my nutes as they are (with the C/M+) and adding in the minerals in my water, my total Calcium is 139ppm, and Magnesium is 65ppm. Too much?

Looked thru the infirmary for some pics that look similar to these but didn't come up with anything. Could it some kind of Iron or Magnesium lockout from too much Calcium? Don't think it's pH related but maybe I need to shift it up or down?

Last edited:
are you vegging them

how old are they

im growing in botanicare coco using 7 grams maxibloom with 5 ml cal-mag per gallon of tap in flower with no problems BUT if im vegging i get yellowing leaves, so now im switching to maxigrow for vegging to get more N. btw my tap is under 100 ppm.

KosmoKramer

2 week rooted clones. Veg under T8's @ 6500k.

These are clones off a keeper pheno. Just growing out and cloning off her to keep it alive.

My C99 loves the routine and grows without a hiccup. Just a fiesty bitch I guess. Would love to figure it out.

Rube???

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
It ain't TMV...

It's a 2 week old clone that's been under intense light or an iron deficiency.

You chose which ever one works for ya tho cause you know more about where it's situated under the light and if a hot spot got the plant.

Otherwise it's an Fe def... In which case a dose Super Thrive or epsom salt and molasses will help. A dose of Lilly Miller vitamin B1 Plant Starter would also do miracles.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Oh yeah, here's a picture for your collections.
picture.php

album.php

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kosmo I would not panic I bet it is a recessive gene coming through in your cross from the BOG side. It looks like TMV symptoms but 99% of the time my guess is it is genetics unless you are seeing major damage along with this look. I have a bogglegum mother who displays simliar traits and has tested clean for TMV, she even passes the trait on to youngins. Basically it is like birthmark, the branches that do this look pretty awesome at finish, two faced nugs.

Check it out:

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the negative TMV test:

picture.php

You can order the TMV test here:

https://orders.agdia.com/InventoryD.asp?attribute_Size=5&collection=ISK+57400&loc=IN

So don't panic, purchase a quick and effective test, and have spares to keep in the fridge for future reassurance. My vote is genetics.

Herborizer

Veteran
I highly recommend upping the PPM's in your nutes. 100ppm at a time. 3-4 days apart. Don't overdo it. Many deficiencies are solved by upping the PPM's. As long as you are following the nute mix on the bottle.

KosmoKramer

Don't think its TMV. Mother and father were both healthy and vigorous with no spotting at all. And the C99 thats been sharing the same space practically on top of her is as strong spot free as she has been for the last 4 years. Thought TMV was infectious and could be transfered to other plants in the garden?

PURE: Looks exactly like what I'm seeing on this pheno. I don't really see anything in the way of damage so I'm not gonna sweat it. She's showed this pattern from seed, but just not as much. Recently moved from DWC to coco and I think I still need some dialing in to do.

Maybe I'll up the ppm's to 7/10.5 with the GH and/or switch over to Maxibloom which is stronger compared to GH 6/9 with more Calcium and Magnesium to boot.

Thanks for the replies and THANKS! for the pics PK! :tiphat: