What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Urkle Gone Wild!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sup IC!

Hope everyone is having a good summer and staying busy, I know I have been! I wanted to share with you today my 24 bucket RDWC system with 4K lighting cranking out some Purple Urkle. I vegged this girl 28 days letting some clones catch up that didn't get out the gate as fast as others, also I expected pretty low stretch. BOY was I wrong!!!

Her veg speed was pretty consistent with my sour bubble so I wasn't expecting to much out of her. Looks like I may have caught another case of OVS (over veg syndrome), the worst kind of problem to have ;)

She is on day 12 as of right now, these pictures were taken on day 11. She is rolling steady @ 700ppm @.5 conversion 1.4EC 5.8 PH nothing but floranova grow on pure RO water. I go to this room every 48-72 hours and everytime she has been right where I left her. I see LOTS of loli-popping and thinning going on this weekend, as well as draining the nutrients and switching over to floranova bloom.

I expect to flower 10 weeks from what I have read and heard, so the fun is just getting started. Only had the pleasure to smoke her once, and my impression was she is much better smoke then I had imagined. I figured the attraction was all the purple, but she is tasty and smooth. Just good all aorund smoke.

Hoping temps and environment allow her to max out her purple, this system flushes like no other so I expect good results. If she isn't purpling to my liking I will try out ice in the controller trick, but there should be no probs.

I will post more updates as this goes along, until then, have a good summer :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

thanks for the show! I know what you mean about the OVS lol

how tall would you veg them next time? what size room is all that in? how much do you expect to yield each plant?

should be very interesting

Hydropimp

Veteran
Nice work Pure

? for you about the FNG is the 1.4e.c a # you use all the time? For instance 1.4e.c from clone till bloom then switch to FNB or is that what you are feeding the plants at this point in there life?

Nice and green

highonmt

Veteran
Signed up for this one. Beautiful grow man they look really healthy. I love the flora nova nutrients, the grow half is a bit low in mg but just a little exta calmag and your golden. Your going to kill it with the erkle in that system. If you drop night temps the last couple weeks and she'll turn funky colors..
100_4213-1.jpg

Thanks for posting this up PK can't wait to see how they do for ya.
HM

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Miss Puffignton- thanks

Donald Trump- 24" I would say, I don't measure ever just do it all by eye but that would be my guess. The room is 16w x 11d x 7h+ and canopy consumes 16W x 5D. I have no idea how much I will get off her, this is my first time running Purple Urkle. I usually come in the ballpark of 4.5-5.5#s in this room with various strains but I am trying to improve upon that.

hydropimp- Floranova is the shit so your interest serves you right. I switch to bloom nutes at day 14ish 12/12.

Clone= 350ppm
About 10-14 days into veg= 550ppm
late veg= 650ppm
First two weeks 12/12= 650-750ppm (after this switch to bloom)
3rd week= 750-800ppm
4-6 week =850-1000ppm (strain dependent)
short strains you can work down to 0 fast longer flowering strains slowly work your way back down.

Nothing in this room is ever measured, just pourng nutes in. When I do a beastie bloom feeding I do it by the handful.

general:

clone: 350
veg: 550-750
Flower: 750-1000

That is all in general, every strain reacts diffrently to nutrient levels at different stages. It is very easy to tell whats going on with a one part nutrient.

If you come in and your PH is DOWN and your PPM is UP you are feeding to high.

If you come in and your PH is UP and your PPM is DOWN you are feeding to little.

Simple as that.

I haven't done one nutrient change in this system in 6 weeks now total time, I add water to the controller every 2-3 days, auto top off hasn't been hooked up in a long time but it should be. I pour more floranova in there until I hit my desired number, PH it, and see you in a few days.

highonmt-hoping for solid purple rocks :) I will make it happen! Thanks for stopping in.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gonna be epic in this thread in a few weeks I just know it! :good:

I

idoreallytry

dam bro ur the man,,,always surprising me with another thread,,,hows the pooch,,,peace

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Petruchi-thanks

SOTF420- Firstoff, if survival of the fittest seeds is going to be your companys name, thats a bad ass name! You know I won't let you down, epic is the damn standard in this room!

Ido- Bro shes doing better now that we have her back on meds, now if the fireworks would quit...I don't quit man it is non stop production over here never missing a beat. Katsu Bubba Kush room @ 38ish days, Purple Urkle room @ 14 days, and Sour Strawberry Kush room @ 4 days. Not to mention 3 different sets of breeding plants at different stages as well, it is a constant show that is for sure :)

Spent 6 hours tonight draining the system and putting the girls on flower nutes. Majority of the time was spent loli-popping these beast. I pulled a black construction garbage bag STUFFED and PACKED down full of of these. Should be nothing but leg sized buds in there, no schwag. It was 93 here today with a heat index of 102. Room is running at 78-79F and 50% humidity.

Will get some more pictures up in a couple weeks when stuff is starting to fluff up.

I

idoreallytry

dam lol,,,i didnt even know about the katsu lol,,,u rock bro,,,how many total watts now ,,,am i gonna have to up mine gotta keep up with the jones's lol,,,peace

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RDWC = 4 K
Soil Flower 1 = 2K
Soil Flower 2 = 2K
VEG = 1K

Well you better make a list! Mine is at 23K for needed equipment for the upgrade....So about 30K should do it! So give me all your lootz! The new spot is looking on the UP and UP. I REALLY think it is going to work out, the cards seem to be falling that way. A 30 x 56 polebarn with its own service. Going with two 20x12 flower rooms, and veg/mom/clone room undetermined. Going to run a 8K flip flop with a lung room all sealed up, all undercurrent systems, commercial chillers, 16 plants per system. 32 in flower, 16 in veg, 16 in cloner = 64 + 8 moms =72 + 24 for breeding will put me at full capacity and full production. I am going to automate the shit out of it, intelidose and all that shit will be real easy since I use one part nutrients. Will have them on auto ph auto feed and auto topoff eventually. 4k veg, everything will have 4 weeks in the buckets so they will be jungle style. 1K mom room and a 2K flower somewhere in there for breeding plants. So maybe like 23 total 1K lights here and there....going to play with that for a few years and then hopefully one last move to some land I plan to spend the rest of my life on and have some fun with greenhouses.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not yet Yes4prop215 but it looks like the dream will be coming true. It is happening one way or another eventually but it looks to be only a few months away.

I

idoreallytry

well u know i will be building my pole barn before xmas,,, so u better watch out and upgrade ur list,,i will do 8k flip with a 2k breeding room and a 5 kw vegroom with 3 cfl's lol,,,peace

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh shit IDO thats it i am going to light candles on the walls!

Dr.D- Whats up! Everything is going good, keeping very busy and enjoying my time off to the max when I can. Thanks for stopping by and for the kind comments. Hope everything is cool with you man.

Latest posts

Latest posts