What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finally Flowering CSG SSSDH

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Hey all.:wave:
As stated in the title, I've had these beans for a while and they are finally going to get flowered out.
Just got put in 7 gallon pots of soilless mix. They are 90 days from seed. Four females in the group.
Gonna try to get up a picture every week or so.
Here they are on the day they flipped.:tiphat:

picture.php

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Looking Good TC...cant wait to see them in full bloom! SSSDH is some top notch smoke ;) Good vibez

Parallel

Nice work there.
Here are some outdoor photos of a haze dominant pheno i got...

They still have a few weeks to go, we'll both be smokin' top shelf in a couple of months.

Hope that your yield and quality exceed your expectations mate!!!

Dr. D

Veteran
Looking good Third Coast, very nice and healthy, can't wait to see these babies in flower. SSSDH is top notch smoke for sure i have OJ's clone....Keep us posted with the progress....Peace

S

Stoner Gardener

Very nice SSSDH pics peeps! Will be checking in regularly on this one. :)

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I've got a CSG SSSDH in late bloom and it's my first attempt at growing a hazey strain.

The buds keep throwing new pistels and none of the older ones seem to be turning brown. She's beginning to fox tail a little and there's no sign of cloudiness let alone amber.

I'm just wondering... Should I expect a haze to amber at all before harvesting?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Very nice SSSDH pics peeps! Will be checking in regularly on this one. :)

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I've got a CSG SSSDH in late bloom and it's my first attempt at growing a hazey strain.

The buds keep throwing new pistels and none of the older ones seem to be turning brown. She's beginning to fox tail a little and there's no sign of cloudiness let alone amber.

I'm just wondering... Should I expect a haze to amber at all before harvesting?

Hey Stoner.:wave:
Good question, and no problems with hijack. This is my first time with a haze hybrid as well.
Any comments, tips, tricks welcome. Got any SSSDH pics to share, throw em up.
Well after a couple weeks all I can say is HOLY STRETCH!:yoinks:
I'll get some pics today for you guys.:dance013:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Looking Good TC...cant wait to see them in full bloom! SSSDH is some top notch smoke ;) Good vibez
Hey Irie.:wave:
Welcome my friend. Should be getting good here in the next few weeks.

Hi laylow.:wave:
Got you a front row seat, with corn no less.:tiphat:

Nice work there.
Here are some outdoor photos of a haze dominant pheno i got...

They still have a few weeks to go, we'll both be smokin' top shelf in a couple of months.

Hope that your yield and quality exceed your expectations mate!!!
Hey Parallel.:wave:
You must have a long flowering season down there huh?
I'm hoping to exceed.:jump:

Looking good Third Coast, very nice and healthy, can't wait to see these babies in flower. SSSDH is top notch smoke for sure i have OJ's clone....Keep us posted with the progress....Peace
Hi Dr. D:wave:
Sounds like you know your way around a good smoke. Hoping I get a keeper pheno out of my four ladies. Got clones of all.

Well the stretch is ON. Just checked and it's been 12 days since the flip. Probably not done yet. Gonna have to get them all in cages. Got one done last night, do the rest today.

Some pics. day 12.

picture.php

Yeah got some fungus gnats. Added nematodes last watering, hope they do the trick.

picture.php

Bushy girl in back left not SSSDH.

picture.php

One caged up.

picture.php

Thanks for looking all.:thank you:

S

Stoner Gardener

Hey Stoner.:wave:
Good question, and no problems with hijack. This is my first time with a haze hybrid as well.
Any comments, tips, tricks welcome. Got any SSSDH pics to share, throw em up.
Well after a couple weeks all I can say is HOLY STRETCH!:yoinks:
I'll get some pics today for you guys.:dance013:

Hey Third Coast,
. :tiphat: I hear ya on the stretch factor!

Here's some poor quality pics (don't know how to use the camera).

The first one was taken just over a month ago and the others were taken this morning.

Lots of stretch and the bud have gotten very heavy.

I tried to keep the canopy low enough to accomodate the other plants in the tent so I didn't bother staking or training the SSSDH.

Instead, I just weighed the one gallon pot down so it doesn't fall over.

After posting the first time in your thread I grabbed my microscope and found that there are some ambers finally showing.

It's 119 days of bloom today!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Hey Third Coast, I hear ya on the stretch factor! Here's some very poor quality pics (don't know how to use the camera).
The first one was taken just over a month ago and the others were taken this morning.
Lots of stretch and the bud have gotten very heavy. I tried to keep the canopy low enough to accomodate the other plants in the tent so I didn't bother staking or training the SSSDH. Instead, I just weighed the one gallon pot down so it doesn't fall over.
After posting the first time in your thread I grabbed my microscope and found that there are some ambers finally showing.
It's 119 days of bloom today!!!

119, holy shit! Is that from seed? Mine are seed plants, I contemplated grow some clones instead of the seed plants just to try to shave a little time.
In any case, you got more patience then me bro. I'll settle for a 100 day if it's the bomb, but 120, no fracking way!
Hoping to get something that I can take in the 80-90 day range. Wish me luck.:wave:

S

Stray

get to fuck SG!!!!!!!! 119 Days??? my SSSDH is at 49.

picture.php

Last edited:
S

Stoner Gardener

Stray.. you Dawg, you... :wave: That looks so much healthier and happier than what I have going on in my tent.

@ Third Coast - Although she is from seed, this girl was flipped to 12/12 on Jan 1st (119 days ago).
I guess I semi-managed her size by root binding her in a one gallon pot from flip.
My SG patented modes of torturing plants may have something to do with the lengthy flowering time though.
Thankfully, the frustration passes at day 118. LOL! ;)
I know it's going to be worth the wait to get the terpenes to their fullest potential.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Well I'm not too sure what I've got myself into with this grow. Never growing a haze before and letting her veg for about 100 days and then sticking her in 7 gallon pot...
Still actually think of chucking them and flowering their clones. I won't, but I think about it.
Oh well, what's the worst that can happen? Floppy mess of buds?

S

Stoner Gardener

...Oh well, what's the worst that can happen? Floppy mess of buds?..

Worst case scenerio imo, you might get higher than you were planning on getting...
... but that will just make messy buds look okay.
:blowbubbles:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Hey all.:wave:
Little update for you guys.
Ladies still looking good, today is day 17 of 12/12.
Got them all in cages now and hoping the stretch is about done.
Took a few pics last night before they were put in their new cages.:tiphat:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So far so good. Hopefully I find a keeper out of the four of them.
Any questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks for looking.:ying:

S

Stray

mine kept on stretching for 4 almost 5 weeks bro,had to supercrop the hell out of her,which she seemed to take to ok with no adverse stress symptoms....looking good so far :)

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
mine kept on stretching for 4 almost 5 weeks bro,had to supercrop the hell out of her,which she seemed to take to ok with no adverse stress symptoms....looking good so far :)

Thanks for the tip Stray.:wave:
Guess I do have the head room,but yeah I'll supercrop if I have to. Did that with my last grow and they came out fine. I've had them under a halide thus far to try to reduce stretch as much as possible. It's also been a cool spring here so temps have been fine.
I'll just have to get in there and trim up the bottom 2/3's and let the tops go go go!:tiphat:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Here are some pics from day 26. All are in their cages now and stretch has stopped for the most part. Smells are tropical fruit deliciousness. Kinda surprised about the smells really.
Got a few phenos for sure.

Here are all four.
picture.php

A side shot of Red.
picture.php

Top shot of Red.
picture.php

A pic of Blue. The only one I had to supercrop, the most sativa pheno I got. Probably not going to be my keeper. I'm guessing she will take a bit longer than the other three.
picture.php

Until next time.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts