What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it safe to post here ?

oldog

Cant law officers demand that the site reveal
the Ip address/ mac address whatever of a given
poster because they have cause to believe....

In my country we say : Coward man keep safe bone.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They manage to throw us in jail for having and smoking pot, which is a natural and safe substance...so I figure they can manage just about anything they want to.

I chose to say fuck 'em.

NOKUY

Veteran

is it safe?...it depends.

......what u got to worry about?

...and where is "your country"....
Coward man keep safe bone
...sounds like piggy bait?

K

ka0tik_kreati0n

lol I'd imagine, they have no interest in just everyday stoners. Now if it had something to do with a drug cartel etc... then i'm sure its possible. I really doubt you have anything to worry about here.. as long as youre not bragging about having pounds of weed... and I really think they would've known about a site like this, and already tried to infiltrate(yea im paranoid), but I do doubt that anything on this site would really hold their interests..
thats just my opinion..

T

TrichyTrichy

CC you are a smarty :) It's Belize's moniker
A coward man keeps some bone

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
TrichyTrichy

That it is. I found it interesting that immediately the OP was being 'checked out' as some kind of 'pig'

I actually haven't heard that term used for over 30 years. Eh - whatever blows one's hair back I suppose.

BTW - Belize is a kick-ass vacation location. Very nice people.

CC

T

TrichyTrichy

I have yet to go. It's def. on my agenda. Namaste

Last edited:

oldog

I rode around Belize on a bicycle selling detergents for
corporate america a long time ago.
Never knew that the saying was from Belize.
Thought it was Jamaican.
Yea- I guess its as you say ' are they interested in me ? '
I hope not .

Respect !

DKBuddy

Dude its so simple to answer.
this is the internet.. EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ITS OWN!
read some stuff about security, secure ur computer and you have nothing to worry about!
i use tor-network from a fakename-rented remotebox running ipv6 secured gateways and encrypted harddiscs.. 99% security given and that is actually more then in reallife.. :)

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
A coward man keeps some bone

I don't understand what it means, I feel like an idiot right about now... lol....

NOKUY

Veteran
yeah send me your addy, facebook link, myspace link, and what is your email?

....fail to answer that then your pretty damn safe....gypsy doesnt sell us out.

sorcival

Security is simple, set up a black hole server in a remote location using dynamic
switching IP's and yur good to go.
I learned this from having a remote computer, (no name of corp), try to take
control of my computer. I use several computers so, I used another to trace & track
and found the black hole operation. I had to reformat my original drive to ever get
control back.
The trick they use with black hole computers is this, the IP 'looks' like several from
all over the world all at the same time, and any inquiry is lost in the 'black hole'.
From the black hole server, they send out queries to any open ports on any active
user computer on any IP service, then they upload a small proggie...that immediately
re-transmits to another and so on...the proggie can be any thing they choose for it
to be, ie: spam, malwar, virus, co-ordinates, messaging...you name it.
Most sovereign countries do this as part of cyber-war security tactics. The DOD in
US uses it a lot, mostly from Virginia, California, and Washington states. I wont go into
a lot of detail on how to do this , as most of you prob have someone who is knowledgeable
in computer IT, or you may be yourselves. The likilhood of getting caught is slim, and
mostly untraceable.
I was able to trace & track cause I use several computers on at least 2 IP's so I could
use diff pattern locks to triangulate the area, building, office, and corporation right on
down to the person who uses the office daily, and who leases it out and all.
Killer stuff, this high tech shit.
good luck with a regular computer with no security features in todays internet, cause
if you use a storebought box then you are like lil-red-riding hood and the wolf(pig) is
everywhere, not to mention the predators(scammers, phishers, viruses and shit).
l8er

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
If a cop took the time to build an online case odds are you are going a bit bigger than you should anyways. Odds are they had something before they start looking online for you.

PG and E warrants
Heat Signature Warrants
Online Warrants/ Phone
Search Warrant

I don't worry about the online stuff, if they went into searching into my online activities odds are I was fucked before that happens.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran

Simple answer is no. In the country where the server sits theres nothing we are doing here thats against the law. Law officers must uphold the law which means they arent allowed to demand anything from the sites owners.

Until the lawyers say different thems the rules.

oldog

I tried to use a proxy server but I could not login via the proxy.
ie could read but not post.
Hopefully its true that the law is not interested in
me unless I'm in their face with it.
I have had a tiny bottle of cloning gel about the size of a lipstick for a year and
still have some left. Went into the hydro store last week and saw a man buy a 5 gal jug.
Those are who they are after.
Thanks for all replies.

j6p

There *could* be a wiretap at your ISP before you hit the proxy. But again, you're already focked when that happens. If you are feeling paranoid, then simply don't incriminate yourself online.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
just post single plant shots or very small personal groups, nothing big or fancy.
we all grow just to our heads afterall :D