What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my life is at stake..help?

DonChron

heres the story ..its simple really...i fucked up ,the economy is fucked..i am being forced to drop out of school and join the military...
if anybody has the experience, or knowledge of medical states and their ways of law.. just curious as to how possible it would be to make a career out west (not necessarily cali) ...decision is crucial ,with only a little money to invest in the move... any advice ? or am i going RIP 75th rangers? please help...

ROJO145

Veteran
To anyone 25 and under my advice is to join the service,any one it dont matter.The economy around the US sucks ass and there is nothing for you younger set,at least the service will pay and give you a career.
And as far as your life being at stake,trust me.....youll probably live thru all these hard times.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
A career of growing MMJ? In SoCal (L.A.) it's tough. Especially if you have little money for the move. I've seen this place chew more than a few good growers up! The price of meds has dropped a lot the last few years and competition has grown significantly in the dispensaries. I'm not saying it can't still be done. It can. But it not as easy as it was just a few years ago. Money would definitely help. I can only speak for L.A. though. good luck.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
heres the story ..its simple really...i fucked up ,the economy is fucked..i am being forced to drop out of school and join the military...
if anybody has the experience, or knowledge of medical states and their ways of law.. just curious as to how possible it would be to make a career out west (not necessarily cali) ...decision is crucial ,with only a little money to invest in the move... any advice ? or am i going RIP 75th rangers? please help...

I dont know how old are u...But i guess u should travel. Like to india for exemple, move for a year u will meet great people and its a wonderfull experience...

I say fuck the army :yeahthats

DonChron

see a few service advocates and a few go for broke advocates haha. Thing is don't u need residency to live out west? all things considered this is a complete image of reality, I would love to get ahold of some more info so I can make this dream a reality ..if not im headed RIP 75th infantry rangers baby....

i wouldn't say fuck the military if you live in the US ,they provide our freedom..and Im in my early twenties
thanks for the input

antimatter

Veteran
joining the military is the worst thing you can do right now. Don't support these pointless wars its not like were defending our solar system from alien invaders. Keep thinking about what your options are.

I

Iron_Lion

if anybody has the experience, or knowledge of medical states and their ways of law.. just curious as to how possible it would be to make a career out west ...

EVERYBODY is doing the weed thing right now, all over the country. I'd think you have to be really good at producing the best buds around or really good at coordinating large scare grows (which take large amounts of start up cash) and skill to make any money off of herb not to mention making a "career". That's all very wishful thinking, the military has it's up sides, there is alot of jobs in the military that require you to do very little. It comes with health insurance, a steady paycheck and housing. Just dont be stupid, if youre going to waste your time in the military dont just carry a gun around for 4 years, with that most times when you get out that qualifies you to work in a factory or be a security guard. Use the time in to learn a useful skill or get a good education so when you get out and the economy has improved you have a wider aray of job options.

G

Greyskull

if you aren't 'the man' where you are now, i highly doubt you will be successful in an attempt at cannabis cultivation for commercial purposes in california.

in fact, no way.

J

JackKerouac

Sorry, my life doesn't revolve around weed. Just start an ebay business that you don't have to declare on your taxes. Oddly, the best markup I have seen was from Baby Phat clothes that I bought from Macy's on clearance. That said, I have no interest in it, yet other folks do. I have no kids. I am not fashionable. Free Market Capitalism is awesome!

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is damn sure not the time to be in the army, prolly any service, there short on soldiers, id rather sleep in the woods and eat beans then get my ass shot off.

as greyskull mentioned, if you aint the shit where your at growin, your gonna be a minnow in a sea of sharks in lala land. and since ya dont sound savy as to whats goin on out west, ya have a good shot of gettin your ass shot off there aswell steppin in someones elses puddin:D

CBF

antimatter

Veteran
It would cost a lot of money to move and setup shop, you need your own space/property to grow/harvest/dry/package just can't be done if you don't have a place to do everything. If you have have the space your gonna be spending minimum $1000 for each light setup with no co2 or ac. If your growing outdoors then expect to not make any money unless your growing in your backyard, and have all angles covered not to mention only 1 harvest a year that can go horribly wrong very quickly.

Growing indoors is the better for many reasons ex. 6 lights in flower 6lb harvest, harvest every 8-10 weeks say 36 lbs a year could be more if your getting over lb per light, grow outdoors and harvest 36 lbs of dank all at once is another thing in itself..harder to sell, worth way less, getting paid less for your trimming time etc.

Do both grow indoors all year long and guerrilla outdoor during the summer, thats how you make money growing weed.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Forced to drop out? Doubt it. When theres Pell Grants, state grants and above all Guaranteed Student Loans the worst thing you can do for your future is drop out of school. I would go homeless before quitting school.

Dödsknark

Hey man, I hope everything turns out well for you. Can't give any advice about the weed business but I would say fuck the military. DO NOT support these BULLSHIT wars for oil, power and money.
i wouldn't say fuck the military if you live in the US ,they provide our freedom..and Im in my early twenties

Owl Mirror

Veteran
see a few service advocates and a few go for broke advocates haha. Thing is don't u need residency to live out west? all things considered this is a complete image of reality, I would love to get ahold of some more info so I can make this dream a reality ..if not im headed RIP 75th infantry rangers baby....

thanks for the input

WHY the 75th infantry rangers ? Isn't that like volunteering to get knee deep in combat? Why not go for the Navy and stay far away from violent conflicts?
Atleast you wouldn't be going in with RIP in mind.

DonChron

randude ,stupid..never..even though some opinions opt joining the service is stupid. I would join a branch that lead into the special ops. maybe i will get killed, alot of people do everyday though.

anti matter,thanks for both posts..I know and I agree that the wars are pointless and stupid,to a degree..its like the big insecure bully in the school yard, gota push a few people around to look tough even if he doesn't know how to read and cries at night cuz daddy beats him. u feel me?dont forget what this country is run off even if not absolute 'freedom'...wat would that lead to though.anarchy? sry bout the rant

iron lion,good call...and a 'career' not necessarily...valid point though dude and I am referring to knowing somebody thats already in it ,which I don't...so military schooling ,i will keep in mind. I do have a plan though that would leave me with a career after leave.

greyskull!!! haha for sure not the man where i am now ,not looking to be in cali either bro..and i understand that there is alot of competition out there..good point man , do feed some negativity tho from ya..

jack, rad dude..my buddy owns a t shirt company ..would love to drop the name ,security though u know. Im helpin gettin them into major distribution..maybe 5 years away haha

CBF...good shit..I agree..once again..im not the shit where i am now ,i just fuck alot :D

verite...long story ..i had 5400$ in pell grants dropped because of my GPA from 2 years ago..my gpa as of last year is a 3.5.. my old major I was pullin in a 1.8 partying to much, so I guess they average that in...dropped my fuckin file dude, believe me I have a year left and am doin all i can to stay...im sellin my damn car even!!

Död, good call man..this goes to everybody knocking the US military(not saying you are ,in fact I agree with you) besides the point; unless you're not paying taxes on anything.everybody that lives in america supports the war whether you believe in it or not...think about it...

RIP is a sector of the rangers ,didnt mean rest in peace hah..but obviously my parent does not want me to join the army, just feel its the most honorable bad ass thing. call me stupid, would be an experience though.

green kween...word...solid advice...ill look into what the chair force even is, figure u meant air force though :)

thanks for all the advice

hazy

Veteran
I used to have a line in my sig by James McMurty, from his We Can't Make It Here song.

'You can join the Air Force or join the Corp, if you can't make it here anymore.'

The old Economic Draft.

Here's my take on war, i hope folks don't get too pissed off about.
The last war we fought for our freedom, was the Revolution.

Enjoy Afghanistan.
Maybe we'll be attacking Iran by the time you get through basic and advanced.
Better brush up on your Farsi.

I say go out west. Just get a job. Did you want to do the 'growing career' thing? Try for a real job instead, grow on the side.:2cents:

Latest posts

Latest posts