What's new

Just got a 20-pack of C99 F4. What phenos to look for?

njayjay

Like the title says, I have some C99 F4's i'm gonna grow out.
The F4's will probably show some pretty wild variance, so what are the bestt phenos with this strain?
Also is this strain of any breeding worth? Peace.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, I am pretty sure where these are from and the breeders description of this line stated that he breed and selected the more indica leaning pheno types in the C99 line for each of the success generations. So this should be a fast finishing, shorter, stockier C99...with all the classic sativa head punch the strain is known for...

Being an F4, it should actually be a bit more consistent...depending on how well it was bred in the first place. Considering that C99 is not a widly varying strain in the first place, I think you will find these to be MUCH more consistent than you are expecting.

I also think the breeders description for these stated that 1 out of 16 or so females displayed the random sativa dominant growth pattern/flowering time/ ect...

dank.Frank

honestly 20 seeds of c-99 and without a doubt your set. You will definitely find something you like I personally havent had the luck of running into any c99 lately but grow out 5 plants and chances are u will find something explosive even if 2 are males... C99 is just like that, almost a perfect strain...

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
THE ONE THAT SMELLS LIKE PINEAPPLES!!

So many different versions of c-99 its on my radar might wait till rez releases his c-99...

H

Hazeseeker

Also is this strain of any breeding worth? Peace.

definately man, if you have any of these strains below it would be cool to see the results, should combine well due to them genetically being from similar roads:
-Jack Herer
-A11
-A13
-NL#5xHaze
-Skunk #1
-C99 F5
-Original C99, F2, F3, F6
-any other C99 Hybrid

a mate blessed me with a clone of Fet C99 F2 a while ago,
not sure which pheno it is but looking forward to seeing how it turns out

peace

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthatsAny chance youd hit that c-99 with some jack herer or northern cheese haze pollen bro...?

K

Kola Radical

Keep the one that smells like grapefruit very early. Touch the stems and young flowers and there is no mistaking the pheno I am talking about because it will smell like intense smashed grapefruit. It should cure up very sweet tasting though and turn tropical fruity in the end.

That was my experience finding a mother. I also had one that didn't really smell until late in flower and it was sweet and fruity. Both had great, fun highs.

Nice tight buds for a sativa and they do need help or they'll fall right over.

D

DonkDBZ

I got my 20 pack of C-99 F-4's Yesterday too. Dropped one on the floor could not find it. O Well. Scuffed em and threw em in a cup of RO water and today all but 5 were popped open with a lil bit of the root nub sticken out. They are now in there new Canna Coco home.

Are they as Hermie resistant as they say? My BB Blue Cheese got nanners and seeded my Lemon Jock Horror

Tom.Foolery

hey, what do you know... i got mine in the mail a few days ago as well. seen quite a few positive remarks on this rendition of C99. really looking forward to getting these beans in the ground!

njayjay

I think i cracked a few of mine trying to force them down the little tube they came in. Heard a lil' crackin noise. Hope they still hatch.

njayjay

Keep the one that smells like grapefruit very early. Touch the stems and young flowers and there is no mistaking the pheno I am talking about because it will smell like intense smashed grapefruit. It should cure up very sweet tasting though and turn tropical fruity in the end.

That was my experience finding a mother. I also had one that didn't really smell until late in flower and it was sweet and fruity. Both had great, fun highs.

Nice tight buds for a sativa and they do need help or they'll fall right over.

How often does that pheno pop up? Can i expect to find it in a batch of 10 seeds? I heard there is also a pineapple one.

Really interested in finding the keeper phenos.

Vorsprung

I have five of these going right now and they are ALL tropical dankness. Got a couple 'shooters' that really stand out from the pack (about 3-4 inches taller after 30 days of veg).

can't wait to start flowering.