What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sfv, larry, tahoe og kush?

WESTCRAZY1

which 3 of this is the most potent and most tastiest? the sfv og, larry og or tahoe og? im trying to narrow it down to just 1 so i can know which cut to get. thanks.

Asiatica

Nice choices.

Nice choices.

So far from what little ive sampled....

Tahoe is the potency
SFV is the Sat dom
Larry is well.....Larry
lol
I havent smoked enough Larry to weigh in on that one.
.02 in the bucket.
Peace and positive vibes.

Forgive me if i'm wrong but I believe i've seen around here that the larry == the tahoe cut? Don't want to spread misinformation so if anyone would like to educate...

WESTCRAZY1

the fire cut is bomb but i cant find any cut or seeds for it at the moment. i already have some sfv og kush seeds thinking about getting the tahoe as well, both the sfv and tahoe is from swerve. how big of a different is between the sfv and tahoe (taste and potent wise) since i dont have a lot of space i just want to keep 1 out of the 2.

man the lov that larry aroung here i thoght for the longest that that was some local thing so you guys heard of larry too small world

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
yea what's up with this FIRE shit lately I've seen Fire Grape Ape, Fire Sno Cap, Fire Erkel and now I see this Fire OGK in here?? Whats the deal with this Fire???

Ok... did a little research on my own and with the help of the grower that the cut is coming from.... Larry OG kush == Tahoe OG, same cut gifted from Tahoe to a guy named Larry in the OC area.

Larry and Tahoe are two different OGs. They are NOT the same cut. From experience I would rank your options.

1.Tahoe
2.Larry
3.SFV

SCC2

here's some more info

-Tahoe= cut brough into the community by Swerve. The grower that Swerve got it from had sourced the cut in the Lake Tahoe area in the 90's.

-Larry= The Orange County Larry cut that is availble in the medical scene came from the same Orange County crew that the H.A O.G Kush came from

-SFV= There are a million O.G cuts grown in the S.F.V, however the cut that goes by this name on these forums and in medical disp. came from forum member Swerve

-Ghost= This cut came from ORGNKID, ORGNKID had sold a O.G cut to a Overgrow forum member named "Ghost" who further distributed the cut.

-Tripple OG= This cut came from ORGNKID. This cut is A.K.A Triple X/XXX O.G Kush. Triple O.G was popularly sold to medical patients by the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.

-Abusive= This cut was brought into the community by an overgrow member named "Abusive", believe it or not Abusive claimed to have got the cut through the rapper Snoop Dogg.

-SAC#2= Cut brought into the scene by forum member O.Gkushman, O.Gkushman got the cut from DJ Muggs.

-P.R OG A.K.A Private Reserve O.G= Another O.G cut that ORGNKID brought into the scene. The cut was sold to Med patients as Private Reserve O.G through the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.

-Apothecary = O.G cut brought into the scene by the apothecary seed co's Brett. Brett got it from a high profile Medical MJ activist in L.A back in 1999

-Diablo= This = cut came from the R.D.C disp. In the San Fernando Valley

-Raskal's/Fire OG= Another cut sourced in the San Fernando Valley. Cut was bought for several thousand dollers from ******* ***** members by a friends of forum member OGraskal

-HA OG= Cut came from an commercial H.A room in Orange County, grown by the same crew that brought the Orange County Larry cut into the medical Disp.

-Poison OG=Cut came from O.Gkushman, he grew it from seed found in a pound of O.G back in ‘96

-SAC#1 & #3= #1 came from G-Thumb in the San Fernando Valley, #3 came from San Fernando Valley but is very popular in Santa Barbara and sometimes goes by the name “Purple O.G Kush”, the cut was brought into the scene by the owner of the now defunct Hortipharm in Santa Barbara

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
. how big of a different is between the sfv and tahoe (taste and potent wise) since i dont have a lot of space i just want to keep 1 out of the 2.

imo the SFV was the better smoke, pure candy that just sticks to the roof of your mouth. its also a bit more potent at the onset, nice head right off.

Tahoe was a more skunky fuel type aroma here, SFV was lemon goodness.

CBF

H

Hazeseeker

nice rundown on the cuts Swollen Calyx 2, good info:yes:, someone should make a thread in the same way as the Chem family thread, except for all the OG's this time, with pics and descriptions of each, i reckon it would help clear up alot of confusion + help growers identify if the cut(s) they have are the real deal or not

peace

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
yea what's up with this FIRE shit lately I've seen Fire Grape Ape, Fire Sno Cap, Fire Erkel and now I see this Fire OGK in here?? Whats the deal with this Fire???

"Fire" is a cut of OG that Raskal has. Don't know how it stacks up but I hear it's crazy good.

I have grown all the OGs side by side your talking about and from experience I would choose the Tahoe. The SFV and Larry are also top quality cuts, but the Tahoe is a bit more hardcore flavor in the long run. I also prefer the Larry over the SFV cut.
And for your info I used to have a thread called Rank the OGs that got closed because of too many Kush trolls.

imo the SFV was the better smoke, pure candy that just sticks to the roof of your mouth. its also a bit more potent at the onset, nice head right off.

Tahoe was a more skunky fuel type aroma here, SFV was lemon goodness.

CBF

WESTCRAZY1

so your pick is tahoe, larry then sfv? i was under the impression that the tahoe is first then the sfv then larry thats the reason why i got the sfv instead of the larry so now im just waiting for the tahoe. But i guess im gonna have to just get all 3 and run them to see which 1 i like best.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Sorry but I find it hard to believe certain people credited with bringing these Kush cuts to the scene are really truly responsible. Certain people might have made something already available more widespread or a cut or two that would have been eventually available, available to more people sooner. But it's almost being put forth that it was invented by them and I know from experience that they will try to convince you that without them, these cuts could never possibly have been created. Sometimes people credit themselves often enough that people just believe what they say. Nothing personal Swollen but I have seen someone you give credit to over on another board trying desperately to convince its members that he is all things Cali-Kush. Why would anyone need to create that belief?

That said, great thread. I love hearing people talk Kush cuts.

Swollen... what do you have to say about this:
"OG Kush, Bubba Kush and The West Coast Dog.
"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to ****(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush.
Jerry's cubed version of Chem Dog is what I sell as White Mustang".

This is a quote from KK"

...taken from a WT thread with swerve actively posting...

nephilthim

tahoe o.g. and I have had all 3 tahoe o.g. is by far most potent all the batches I have smoked have been excellant from nncc,suite 215.