What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who has the best Cali-Orange?

Q

qanabose

Anyone here know who has the best Californian Orange?

Thanx,

QB

Kodiak

Mad Scientist
Veteran
I was looking for the same answer some time back and I found that very few breeders have the original 1977 Aeric Cali-O Cut. As far as I can work out by reading a whole lot of posts, the Cali-O is Thai x (Afghani x Acapulco Gold) ~ 75% sativa.

I went for the Calizahr from Chimera as it's the original Cali-O crossed to Shiskaberry Red. Orange Crush (Cali-O x Blueberry) from BCGA, REZ Orange Apollo (Cali-O x Apollo 11) and Jackie-O (Cali-O x Jack Flash) also carry the real thing but they might be really hard to find, someone else might be able to point you in the right direction. These are the ones that I know of but there might be more.

Citrus scents are not that uncommon but apparently the real Cali-O smelled so citrusy that it made your eyes water and tasted very sweet, like tang. I think The Flying Dutchmen's Royal Orange might also be the real Cali-O crossed to "The Pure" Skunk #1. They got many of their strains from Sam the Skunkman back in the day so it might be worth checking out.

Chimera's Calizahr and TFD Royal Orange are probably your best shot for getting something close to the real California Orange in seed form.

Would love to get my hands on some original Cali-O again. Had some in the garden back and if I'd have known then what I know now I would have worked a lot harder to preserve her!!

Tasty!!

There is Cali-O x DeepChunk; probably some beans around somewhere...a cannacopia project.

There is C-plus, Bluberry Deep Chunk and some tangerine plants floating around.

They all sound great to me, or even a really nice pheno with the skunk.

4 Dragons

Just a FYI it wasn't 1977 aeric Cali-O it's aeric77 Cali-O. In my not so humble opinion Cali-O is pretty week compared to others but the smell, oh the smell that's another story. I had a bunch of those going about 4 years ago and it was like walking into an orange grove. Very sticky and if you got some on you the smell would stay on you for over an hour. It's great if your tolerance isn't too high or you don't mind smoking more, plenty of people love her. Most people switched over to Jackie-O that could get it. JillyBean from Subcool while not using the aeric77 cut is still very much orange and is more potent. Agent Orange from subcool is supposed to be better than JillyBean. I have heard that the original Cali-O came out of a pack of Royal Orange but I also think Sam the Skunkman takes credit. Good luck.

Kodiak

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Sounds like the Royal Orange is the winning ticket then.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Royal Orange [Flying Dutchmen] was the best

7253RoyalOrange2.JPG

7253RoyalOrange.JPG

Amon

So, what is the difference between Cali-O and Orange Velvet-(A rare Pacific Northwest Orange Skunk--clone only) used by MzJill in some of her crosses. aka: Jilly Bean.
I lost this beauty in a power outage when her clones died off. Lucky enough to find a stinky orange pheno that was covered with crystals by week 3/4 of flowering.

Now have found a lovely LUI that meets all my needs.

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor

The Nirvana California Orange is outstanding in aroma, flavor and buzz. It really tastes and smells like oranges.

4 Dragons

So, what is the difference between Cali-O and Orange Velvet-(A rare Pacific Northwest Orange Skunk--clone only) used by MzJill in some of her crosses. aka: Jilly Bean.
I lost this beauty in a power outage when her clones died off. Lucky enough to find a stinky orange pheno that was covered with crystals by week 3/4 of flowering.

Now have found a lovely LUI that meets all my needs.

Subcool told me that he thought Orange Velvet was like Cali-O's big sister. I had a couple of people tell me they thought JillyBean smelled more orange than the aeric77 cut but I didn't think so. I crossed my aeric77 to SpaceQueen but I haven't grown any of it yet.

Amon

Subcool told me that he thought Orange Velvet was like Cali-O's big sister. I had a couple of people tell me they thought JillyBean smelled more orange than the aeric77 cut but I didn't think so. I crossed my aeric77 to SpaceQueen but I haven't grown any of it yet.

Sounds like an interesting cross 4D. I am just now getting back into a bit of breeding. Even on a small scale it can be rewarding done correctly. Yeah, I kick myself for losing that Orange pheno. And yes, it stunk just like oranges, especially when brushed or moved during flower. Low yielding pheno tho.

good luck with your cross bro..:joint:

4 Dragons

Sounds like an interesting cross 4D. I am just now getting back into a bit of breeding. Even on a small scale it can be rewarding done correctly. Yeah, I kick myself for losing that Orange pheno. And yes, it stunk just like oranges, especially when brushed or moved during flower. Low yielding pheno tho.

good luck with your cross bro..:joint:

Really too bad you lost that cut. Strong orange smelling herb is really something special. Maybe I'll grow out mine and cross it to Jackie-O and see what happens.

Q

qanabose

who has Jackie-O then, anyone or is it gone too?
that royal orange sure looks good Doc

4 Dragons

Jackie-O is a clone only. I'd give you some of my aeric77 x SpaceQuuen but I only have enough for breeding. The more I think on it the more I think crossing that to the Jackie-O would be a good thing so I'm going to start up a small project of that soon. I think the best choices that are available right now have been listed. Royal Orange, JillyBean, Agent Orange and others. I haven't had Agent Orange but it sounds like it would be the strongest until I make mine anyway, LOL.

Q

qanabose

Hey DocLeaf,

any info on the potency and the nature of the high?? Must say your finished bud looks amazing!

QB

mistaman

Jackie-O is a clone only. I'd give you some of my aeric77 x SpaceQuuen but I only have enough for breeding. The more I think on it the more I think crossing that to the Jackie-O would be a good thing so I'm going to start up a small project of that soon. I think the best choices that are available right now have been listed. Royal Orange, JillyBean, Agent Orange and others. I haven't had Agent Orange but it sounds like it would be the strongest until I make mine anyway, LOL.

ya def doin some jillybean. lookin at the agent orange but wanna do these jilly first. also check out the cali o ae77 x deep chunk by cannacopia its only 35$. Also California Indica is great. Nice yielder too :)

B

Blue

Nirvanas was ok but to many were indi dom, I had a jilly bean cut that was pure orange stank I also had the AE cut from good freinds but lost due to dibble.

Hhhm orange haze could be in the pipe line... off to get a pack or Royal & look for a longer finnishing type......I used to like the orange