What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indica vs. Sativa: A Woman’s Perspective

KanMan

Indica vs. Sativa: A Woman’s Perspective

In my humble opinion, men prefer hard-hitting, couch-locking, pain-relieving strains of marijuana (indicas) and women lean towards mentally-uplifting, energy-providing, creatively-inspiring varieties of ganja (sativas).

Complete article at
http://tinyurl.com/c2jsbt

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Interesting theory :)

Personally I believe it has to do with the mental bent of someone. If you use your brain a lot you'll prefer sativas. Indicas 'fog' out my brain and make me dumber than rocks.

I also have Asperger's Syndrome and my brain has been going a gazillion miles an hour since about the time I was born. Sativas increase my focus and decrease my confusion while dropping my anxiety to nothing or manageable levels. Indicas, though they work on anxiety, increase my confusion and decrease my focus.

End result.... I don't like Indicas that much except when I want to "Numb out and not think about anything."

rastafari

I an I am a Man and prefer a Sativa dominant strain,
to aid in spiritual awarness, receptivity, and meditation.

the "melting into the couch" feeling is definitely something to avoid.

my lady says basically the same, as she is very creative and artistic.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I an I am a Man and prefer a Sativa dominant strain,
to aid in spiritual awarness, receptivity, and meditation.

the "melting into the couch" feeling is definitely something to avoid.

my lady says basically the same, as she is very creative and artistic.

I hate to say it but most of the people that I've run into that 'prefer' indicas weren't really that creative. Their mind runs at a different pace as well.

Not saying this goes for all indica lovers as there are plenty of 'creative' folks in bad spots that just want to 'fade away' for a while. I was that way myself for a number of years as a kid. :D

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Since when do indicas make you "fade away"?
For me specifically (At least every strain I've tried so far) Indica has a cannabinoid or something in it that fogs my brain. Makes it harder to think. Too much and I just fade out and become a vegetable.

I don't appreciate that at all unless I'm in a lot more pain than normal and just need a break.

J

Jeff Lebowski

I've worked with the people who wrote that. It's interesting definitely, but I think it's more subjective than gender specific. Throw me a pen and a sativa and you'll receive madness. Toss me an indica and you'll receive clarity. I have to shut off my brain so I can use my mind, or vice versa - I haven't decided.

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
indica = drunk

sativa = stimulating (can be overstimulating at times)

I don't think a person's sex has anything to do with a preference.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Toss me an indica and you'll receive clarity. I have to shut off my brain so I can use my mind, or vice versa - I haven't decided.

I use music to 'distract' that part of my mind. Progressive trance or anything with a positive vibe and little lyrics. Lots of classical music fits that description.

I'm a medical user with Asperger's Syndrome though and it's 24/7 usage with me. I've yet to find an indica strain that didn't end up increasing my confusion, distraction and procrastination after a week or two of steady use. I'm finding the same effect in a lot of hybrids as well. (Much to my dismay.)

Everyone is different and I'm still looking for an indica that will work.... just not very often anymore. :(

J

Jeff Lebowski

I definitely hear you on the procrastination but I believe my flaw is inherent. I wish I could have tested amounts of sativas so I could limit myself to THC amount, thus allowing me to enjoy that side of this plant while not freaking out basically.

whodair

Veteran
gotta be personal preference since the effects are unique to most individuals. i smoke wide leaf in the AM, it makes me focused, energetic and playful. narrow leafs are ok just to get me altered and confused.

K

ka0tik_kreati0n

I agree with a lot of the posters, I don't think it has anything to do with gender, just personal preference.

I personally like sativa because my household wont take care of itself. and I dont feel like getting so blazed out of my mind that I cant function.