What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Headband

Crush

Ok.

I've researched all I can and found that the strongest, most elite strain out right now is called Headband and is supposedly available in cutting only but should be available in seed form SOMEWHERE!! I'm EXCITED!!!

Can someone please tell me where I can get this in seed? f2's are ok.

Below is some more info:

"Probably the best smoke in the entire Los Angeles Area. One hit makes your lungs collapse and the room go black. I call it the Baby Killer. "

----

Humboldt Headband: The Best Marijuana Ever?
Headband, Humboldt Headband, 707 Headband, West Coast Headband, Daywrecker

http://humboldtgrow.wordpress.com/2008/07/06/the-best-mj-ever/

"A strain called headband has quickly become the most sought after strain in Humboldt County. Similar to Sour Diesel and O.G. kush, this strain smells amazing and is incredibly strong. I would have to say that this is the most desirable srtain of marijuana that I have ever come across. "

-----

“Re: What is the strongest cannabis out there? So far HeadBand!!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

without ANY doubt chemdawg & og kush are the strongest weed for a indica type strong stone..several others like WR & heri are like 24-26% thc but good og kush like OGRaskals fire og kush or chemdawg 1991 or chemdawg d is like 35%thc easy..its a whole different level of high..
original headband is very potent because of the chemdawg 1991 influence..the 707 headband is og kush x sd 2 more chem related genetics..i would say headband is 25-30%thc depending on the which cut..”

----

”I’d get it for sure, I’ve tried headband a few times from humbolt county, of the 4 or 5 strains I had at the time it was my fav.. “

-----

"i came across some stuff called headband today also
and its from credible characters
i hear its from og kush x with sour diesel and then when thats in tact they cross it with master kush
nor cal
this is the best stuff around"

------

"head band was offical its the defintion of a one hitter quitter i paid 150 for a quarter and 600 for the ounce it was the dankiest ive ever come across it does the job and is most def worth ever cent spent on it"

------

There us the 707 and the real “headband”. The real one is like putting your head in a vice, unfortunately the 707 doesn’t match up. Unfortunately I cannot share how or who aquired it.

-----

you are right headband is some of the best herb around imo. but i imagine anyone that has a good cut isn't gona give it out to just anyone. Good luck finding seeds of it. I have definitely never heard of headband seeds. let alone any elite that has been in seed form that is comprable to the real cut. not trying to be a downer just telling you my opinion.

maxima32

'headband that whole Colorado, Massachusetts, deisel chemdog thing(everyone has heard the story). Definately an elite and some of us up here in New England have had the utmost pleasure in a taste of this secret. As far as I know a clone can run you some ducketts . As far as seeds, never even heard of an existance. Good luck in your quest. Headband is quality shit.

N

Nathindica

man. i've been looking for that holy grail of strains as well. i guess we all are.

i want that cut so badly its ridiculous. anyone care to describe it in great detail so i can crap my pants a little more?

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have never understood strain hoarding. The more cuts you spread around the more new strains can be made at a faster rate, thus advancing potency and genetics at a faster rate as well. I would love to have some headband, But spreading around as many cuts as possible is what I would do.

Crush

Ok I did find a location for the clone which is easily attainable by those in California:

http://www.goodkarmagrowers.com/clonemenu.html

Why can't someone like Rez Dawg just get some clones, induce nanners on them, and just fem some seeds for the public. They could be ready in 90 days.

It's ok if there's different pheno types or non stability, we'll get 1-2 keepers out of 15 seeds. No crosses with other strains please - that's for us to do etc.

This is just so simple to me. It's the only way to improve on the strain and move things forward. There's so many here on the forum that have access to the Headband clone.

Headband is very debilitating in my opinion, would just swarm your brain with absolute xtc, put you in a daze.

Then there is Kali Mist, now that is a whole different demon.

Ribsauce

i love headbands taste smell stone... well pretty much everything about it...i have though heard several conflicting ideas of its lineage and i was wondering if anyone could set me straight here...i believe it to be OG kush/master Kush x SD but have heard other ideas from reputable people... ive also been hearing about east coast headband which i havent seen or tried yet but am somewhat intrigued since im an east coaster myself and have limited access to alot of the great west coast cuts... anyone know exactly where the East Coast Headband comes from

tokinsmokin

I've got it growing right now. Here is some info on the strain.

Original Diesel' (also known as Diesel #1, Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Underdawg) came from a cross of '91 Chemdawg x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights) done by a guy known as ‘weasel’.

Crush

Yes friend, we have begun a 707HB BX project due out later this year...

Hey SoCal that's great to hear! I'm sure it's going to be the next big thing.

I was never the one to micro manage or tell others what to do... but I really don't recommend crossing the clone with anything else if that's the idea. I know many cross and don't tell. I'm not accusing you of that in any way at all. Just throwing that out there as it does happen.

I think far too many breeders get caught up in quality and consistency sometimes to the point that the seeds take overly long to come out and/or they simply aren't the original genetics (GHS Trainwreck as a good example).

In this particular case of 707 Headband, please hear out my humble advice:

1. Use Gibberellic Acid on one or more branches of the strongest rooting female clone to induce male flowers. Do not spray around other plants. Go to another room.
2. Spray the plant once every day for 10 days with 100 ppm gibberellic acid.
3. Wait for the male flowers to form.
4. Cut off that branch and keep it in water allowing the pollen to be cached (I'm sure you already know the specifics on this)
5. Pollinate the rest of the clones once you ensure those are also not hermied accidentally.
6. Take left over pollen and do what you see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeWm2Ygjnmk
7. Place in freezer and use later with other strains to cross and new batches. Kali Mist comes to mind. Headmist, Headwreck, HeadHaze, SuperSilverHeadBand Etc.

-Yes some seeds will be hermies, but most will be females.
-Yes all the seeds will not be as stable as the cutting, but a proper pheno will be had that can match the original if you include enough seeds and reference pictures.

Trying to secretly cross and stabilize for 'quality' and 'stability' is the old, legacy way of doing things that waters down the strain and does not hold onto the original DNA. You know how many years stabilizing a strain takes and these days searching out pheno's is the norm - yes even with Shantibabba's Mango haze it was pheno mania regardless of peoples emotional attachment to him and his breeding.

I get very, very frustrated with breeders sometimes because something so simple and effective is treated as long, drawn out, and needless operations that accomplish nothing but un-purifying the original DNA.

Most of us don't live in places like Amsterdam and California where we can breed freely without big brother watching us. It's so easy for you guys to get clones over there, so easy to meet and trade cuttings for free. I'm astonished these seeds with original DNA aren't out sooner. I'm amazed at how little available there is. Simply amazing.

And somehow, breeders manage to over complicate something so simple and quick. Just flower from clone and pollinate - we now have seeds right away for the public. Price low and give at least 10 so we can get a good pheno going.

Lets focus on GETTING THE 707 HEADBAND SEEDS OUT IN THEIR TRUE DNA. PLEASE!!!!! Stability doesn't happen these days and people want feminized seeds. Ask the owner of Seedboutique. He'll tell you himself.

We don't need to go down the 'other' road. Let the other guys do that. Bring these seeds out at $50 for 10 fems and make thousands of seeds. Use the pollen to cross with your other cuttings. Take REFERENCE PICTURES of the 'correct' pheno's for the public at all stages of growth so we can match our fan leaf/branching DNA with the reference photo. If Headband is a clone only, then it has ONE single pheno type. So please take some reference pictures at early mid and late growth. All we need to do on our end is match it.

Like.. I'm just one guy and my voice is small so naturally I wont get listened to. Change and adaption is difficult when trying to change the 'old' way of doing things. But at least I made my attempt here. It would take many voices for the breeders to listen what the customers wants when it comes to their breeding practices and pricing.

This isn't aimed at you specifically, but lord we can pick out nanners and chose out pheno's. No big deal. Aiming for stability was back in the day when people had no clue how to grow and didn't know how to deal with these issues. We're in 2009 now. It's not a big deal.

Just please God almighty don't cross the strain or attempt to stabilize it, please, please follow the my advice and get those seeds out to the public.

Does anyone else here agree with me?

Headband could be the strain that takes us into the next decade.

Hey SoCal that's great to hear! I'm sure it's going to be the next big thing.

I was never the one to micro manage or tell others what to do... but I really don't recommend crossing the clone with anything else if that's the idea. I know many cross and don't tell. I'm not accusing you of that in any way at all. Just throwing that out there as it does happen.

I think far too many breeders get caught up in quality and consistency sometimes to the point that the seeds take overly long to come out and/or they simply aren't the original genetics (GHS Trainwreck as a good example).

In this particular case of 707 Headband, please hear out my humble advice:

1. Use Gibberellic Acid on one or more branches of the strongest rooting female clone to induce male flowers. Do not spray around other plants. Go to another room.
2. Spray the plant once every day for 10 days with 100 ppm gibberellic acid.
3. Wait for the male flowers to form.
4. Cut off that branch and keep it in water allowing the pollen to be cached (I'm sure you already know the specifics on this)
5. Pollinate the rest of the clones once you ensure those are also not hermied accidentally.
6. Take left over pollen and do what you see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeWm2Ygjnmk
7. Place in freezer and use later with other strains to cross and new batches. Kali Mist comes to mind. Headmist, Headwreck, HeadHaze, SuperSilverHeadBand Etc.

-Yes some seeds will be hermies, but most will be females.
-Yes all the seeds will not be as stable as the cutting, but a proper pheno will be had that can match the original if you include enough seeds and reference pictures.

Trying to secretly cross and stabilize for 'quality' and 'stability' is the old, legacy way of doing things that waters down the strain and does not hold onto the original DNA. You know how many years stabilizing a strain takes and these days searching out pheno's is the norm - yes even with Shantibabba's Mango haze it was pheno mania regardless of peoples emotional attachment to him and his breeding.

I get very, very frustrated with breeders sometimes because something so simple and effective is treated as long, drawn out, and needless operations that accomplish nothing but un-purifying the original DNA.

Most of us don't live in places like Amsterdam and California where we can breed freely without big brother watching us. It's so easy for you guys to get clones over there, so easy to meet and trade cuttings for free. I'm astonished these seeds with original DNA aren't out sooner. I'm amazed at how little available there is. Simply amazing.

And somehow, breeders manage to over complicate something so simple and quick. Just flower from clone and pollinate - we now have seeds right away for the public. Price low and give at least 10 so we can get a good pheno going.

Lets focus on GETTING THE 707 HEADBAND SEEDS OUT IN THEIR TRUE DNA. PLEASE!!!!! Stability doesn't happen these days and people want feminized seeds. Ask the owner of Seedboutique. He'll tell you himself.

We don't need to go down the 'other' road. Let the other guys do that. Bring these seeds out at $50 for 10 fems and make thousands of seeds. Use the pollen to cross with your other cuttings. Take REFERENCE PICTURES of the 'correct' pheno's for the public at all stages of growth so we can match our fan leaf/branching DNA with the reference photo. If Headband is a clone only, then it has ONE single pheno type. So please take some reference pictures at early mid and late growth. All we need to do on our end is match it.

Like.. I'm just one guy and my voice is small so naturally I wont get listened to. Change and adaption is difficult when trying to change the 'old' way of doing things. But at least I made my attempt here. It would take many voices for the breeders to listen what the customers wants when it comes to their breeding practices and pricing.

This isn't aimed at you specifically, but lord we can pick out nanners and chose out pheno's. No big deal. Aiming for stability was back in the day when people had no clue how to grow and didn't know how to deal with these issues. We're in 2009 now. It's not a big deal.

Just please God almighty don't cross the strain or attempt to stabilize it, please, please follow the my advice and get those seeds out to the public.

Does anyone else here agree with me?

Headband could be the strain that takes us into the next decade.
Nice and well thought out post. We'll talk more friend. I like your passion and you seem to have a bit of knowledge. ;-) Thanks for the input.

Whats the difference between headband and 707 headband?

The original headband in also know as Diesel #1 or Original diesel, Daywreck also. Linage can be searched out here on IC. The 707HB is a Sour Diesel X OG cross. We have both cuts here, not similar really at all.

dfa

I've smoked too much Headband, its good.

I think JK is right on in the CB3 when he says its 91chem x nl superskunk.

It is not an og cross.

tokinsmokin

The headband I got was a cut and its the one in the back left. I'll take another picture of it later on when the lights come on. Shes a whiner I topped her and she didn't like it too much. Pretty lanky girl although she has a pretty sturdy base. She's the slowest out of the 4 strains I have going in there, at 24 days flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts