What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mother/clone?

INDO247

Sup fam, i have lil room to work with. My grow room is 2ft x 2ft x 5ft in height. What wattage can i use to maintain my mother plant to stay as short as possible? Im looking to keep my mother plant about 18-20in max. I want it short but still possible to cut clones from it, also what lighting schedule should they be on? Thanks for the help.

eiht98

hi, it's my first post and I'm not a grower...been reading the forums and I think a 250W is good enough for you...you can use 18/6 in the beginning (one month) and then put the light on 12/12

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Hello..I'm no expert for sure but here's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to get my mother going real soon, and I'm putting her under 250w T5 @ 24hrs..If you put the mother under a light schedule of 12/12 flowering will occur. The 18/6 schedule will work too, it will save on energy and probably allow your mom to not grow as fast as if it were under 24hrs. My mom is going to be in the same cabinet as my other plants that are in veg b/c I only have the one T5, plus I've got a lot of room in that cab. Best wishes!