What's new

Hydroponic Maters and Lettuce

Purkle

HUGE GREEN HOUSE GROW!!! So I was wondering if someone could really make a decent profit off of maters and lettuce in a 6500 sqft green house. I have heard of heirloom tomatoes going for 3.99 a pound and getting more than 50 pounds a sqft.

Only reason Im asking is cuz I may have the opportunity to get into a biz deal on a tomato and lettuce Hydro GH that is already setup just been out of commission for a couple years. Only cost would be estimated $2k for maintenance. The GH is there just sitting and rent would be free for the first year. Just gotta pay the cost to get it going and maintain it. I already have a source for selling most of the product. Just a thought though. Its a huge step to commit to but it would be a life dream to live off of the vine.

Any help or experience would be great!! Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
If you have a marketplace to sell your goods, and you want to do it..go for it! I'm in sales, and the product we sell is totally not needed in any form of life, so if people are not going to buy my products first, however, if I was selling food, which everyone needs, I'd be a lot more comfortable with the economy...I would like to change our business into a small commercial grower who supplies a few restaurants and a local open air markets..I think it would be great...I'd go for it if I were you.