What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Megayields re-birth - Pheonix rising

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok all...some of you might remember the total shit fest of last years attempt to grow in a green house, well that flamed out. I have somewhat recovered, got a temporary job to provide much needed funds, and going with the partner who I SHOULD have gone with 2 years ago....the "basic" plan is 4 greenhouses 20x40 in length, we have all the soil we need as we are using former farm land ground (soil tested pretty good) 20 - 200/300 gallon mounds will be in place, 20 per GH, will be amended with "some" kind of airation material i.e. greensand, perlite, lava rock I don't really know, we are going all organic and we already have a 300 gallon DIY tea brewer so we will be doing weekly organic tea applications.

The greenhouses will be on a rotational basis, 2 will have BOTH light supplementation and Light-dep. We will also have several out buildings so we can have perpetual vegging/cloning on site. Total plant count will never be over 95 plants (we may have to store "some" clones off-site).

With the mounds/holes being in the 200 - 300 gallon level..I am conservatively estimating the per plant yield at 4lbs per plant depending on strain. I "really" think the yield on a 250 gallon (average) mound can be closer to 6 lbs possibly with the right strain, but I want to be conservative atm.

Strain line up so far;

GG#4 - This will be our number one strain for total plant count
Super Lime - House of Love
"Dirty" Girl Scout - my own strain tested at 25.7% THC (SC Labs)
USD x GSC - Again my own strain.
OG Kush x Firehouse
Sam the Skunkman - Skunk#1
Tangerine Haze
USD x UK Cheese
Cherry AK47
Cherry Pie
Allen Wrench
Blue Dream

I won't be posting very often as I my plan is to take my current job to part-time and also work the "farm" if I can arrange it. I will be busy until the 1st harvest then I quit the temp job, and go full-time on the GH's and indoor (yes we will have 4 doughnut's running indoor pumping 4 lbs per doughnut every 80-90 days)

Last edited:

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Sounds like fun.

I'm trying to imagine your spacing in there. You might want to consider fewer plants. 10-12' centers at the VERY least for 250 gallon mounds. I'm doing 24 per 20x96 in 100 gallon smarties.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like fun.

I'm trying to imagine your spacing in there. You might want to consider fewer plants. 10-12' centers at the VERY least for 250 gallon mounds. I'm doing 24 per 20x96 in 100 gallon smarties.

FIsher....I'll take that under advice, what level of yields are you looking at in your space? THe Gh's will be built once the rains pass (we can get them up in 2 weeks max)...so we can work the space a bit now, the 20 x 40 is not set in stone atm I was told by a local old head here that if I dedicated 10' per hole I should be good? But we can widen the GH by up to 5 - 10 more feet and lenghten them as we have a very nice site available.

Thanks for stopping by:tiphat:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hiya Megayields,

That's an arsenal of strains you have there! I have not grown a big gh grow since the 90's so I would like to see this show! Give it hell and best wishes for a bountiful Megayields harvest!

Best

bobblehead

Veteran
Sounds like some nice plants... :) How many DGSC's did you grow to find a keeper? have you tested the USD crosses? And Allen Wrench! :D Looking forward to the pics.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like some nice plants... :) How many DGSC's did you grow to find a keeper? have you tested the USD crosses? And Allen Wrench! :D Looking forward to the pics.

We are "pheno" hunting atm....we just popped beans and have some other clones going already for mother's / all we need is 20 3'-4' footers 1st, then in a month another 20....etc....the last TWO GH's will be a main to late harvest the first two are light depo's for an early money crop to pay trimmers, recoup "sunken" cost's and provide working capitol.

The USD x GSC have NOT been tested other than that last outdoor run I did 2 year's ago....they "might" have a tendancy to hermi so we are being VERY carefull with them.

Thanks bro for stopping by:dance013: I am growing the Allen Wrench for my bro's back east lol...that shit rawks!

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Sounds awesome!!!! I'm gearing up for outdoors as well. Popping seeds, sexing seed plants, taking clones, all that good stuff. If you don't mind me asking what's the pedigree of the allen wrench? I had a great year last year, but planted too close. I had a few 10-15 gallon holes that weren't far enough apart. I thought 8 ft. was good, I was wrong. Just my 2 cents though as I lst and super crop like a mofo!

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
FIsher....I'll take that under advice, what level of yields are you looking at in your space? THe Gh's will be built once the rains pass (we can get them up in 2 weeks max)...so we can work the space a bit now, the 20 x 40 is not set in stone atm I was told by a local old head here that if I dedicated 10' per hole I should be good? But we can widen the GH by up to 5 - 10 more feet and lenghten them as we have a very nice site available.

Thanks for stopping by:tiphat:

Those 100's should do 2.5-3#. I'd just give em as much room as possible. If they hedge out it'll really hurt your yields.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What happened that caused problems with the other partner ? and what made u choose to have a new one vs going solo ?

Long boring story....it was really the "investor" who was the shitbag...literally left us in the desert with 4 unbuilt greenhouses and a veg room with shitloads of plants...everybody lost....

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds awesome!!!! I'm gearing up for outdoors as well. Popping seeds, sexing seed plants, taking clones, all that good stuff. If you don't mind me asking what's the pedigree of the allen wrench? I had a great year last year, but planted too close. I had a few 10-15 gallon holes that weren't far enough apart. I thought 8 ft. was good, I was wrong. Just my 2 cents though as I lst and super crop like a mofo!

Hey Frank.....good to see you here....:tiphat:

O

otis33

Good to see you back in action mega. I was a frequent lurker of your last thread and will be watching this one as well. Good luck!